Sign in to follow this  
aphrodite_sxy

[EU] Pve The Siren's Call - voluntary blocking with rafts

I'm guessing making those rafts was cheaper (and free to repair) compared to building a dock that extends that length. Building a dock that length would be allowed, so I'm sure this is, too.

Not really, but I also don't think the people who made that raft bridge care. If they did build it across like you suggest, they'd need foundation or a pillar every 3 tiles, which is not enough for anything but a dinghy to pass through. Either way, it would be blocked off.

I don't see a reason why it should not be allowed. I mean build a bridge or something or having rafts instead doesnt make a difference

9 hours ago, Devlin said:

Not really, but I also don't think the people who made that raft bridge care. If they did build it across like you suggest, they'd need foundation or a pillar every 3 tiles, which is not enough for anything but a dinghy to pass through. Either way, it would be blocked off.

Actually building rafts this way would not prevent resource spawn - while bridges based on foundations would. I will have to think about remaking my bridge into this..... Should make stuff spawn closer to my base.

Edited by Elrood

I suspect such a thing would only be disallowed if it was blocking people from accessing something specific, not sure if there is anything in Atlas yet that would fall under that.

After all, there is so much more water than land in Atlas it is likely you can get around it.