microphobe

Land grab game

So this is going to be unpopular at the start but bear with it.

So it should be pretty obvious to people by now that the Dev's have no interest in small 2-4 man companies owning land, even in pve. From the initial game description of being able to set up a governing body with tax and laws I had assumed that this would be the case.

People need to stop with this one claim per company BS, it's never going to happen. Governing bodies of an island is something they want to have.

What might happen is limiting the flags to one per member with one or two bonus flags at the middle and end of the construction tree.

These flags should be permanent, indestructible objects that can only be contested when when there are no more buildings of that company left on an island.

Buildings like ships, should degrade over time, slowly but over a few weeks they should decay unless you place an npc in there with a smaller version of the resource chest to repair them. This is normal, all houses need repairs and if no one repairs it it will fall down, this will help with the pve claim issue. In pvp you can just destroy their stuff anyway.

This is a sailing game where people can't sail for fear of losing their base, being able to change ownership of a base is really bad for the gameplay and shouldn't have been be implemented.

what this means for pvp:

You will literally have to drive a rival company off an island to the point that they have to abandon the whole place in order to take control of it, difficult but able to be done. No more sneak claiming while offline just good old fashioned pvp.

What this means for pve:

No one can take you base without you being away for a long time BUT you will have to maintain your homes with npc's and resources.

The smaller resource chest should be in the construction tree and hold nowhere near what you can fit in the ship one to prevent people stocking it up with a years worth of gold and mats. The actual value would need to be determined by rate of decay etc so I'm not going to nether specifying values.

This would make sotd survivors more useful, it would add a gold sink and make houses feel more alive as they would have npc's living in them.

• Like 1

If the devs don't limit the amount of flags people can put down the game will die, period.

6 minutes ago, Murreth said:

If the devs don't limit the amount of flags people can put down the game will die, period.

I agree, but that limit should be relative to company size not just a fixed number hence the flags per person with adds in the tree.

36 minutes ago, microphobe said:

I agree, but that limit should be relative to company size not just a fixed number hence the flags per person with adds in the tree.

Well yeah, if you do say 1 or 2 per person, and have it so that that gets added to a company when they join. So as a solo I'd have 1 or 2 and when I join a company the people who have claim access in that company get those 1 or 2 more claims to do with as they see fit.

Also, I think claims should be square instead of circle. So much wasted space out there because of circular claims. Also you should be able to choose to make your claim smaller if you want, like I've got a bunch of claimed land I never use because there are parts in the claim I do use.

It should be as I agree the size of the company some people are just one troll who places dozens of flags just to sell the land for rl cash, dont know how many websites i have found that players are willing to sell you land for cash. Emailed one and he wanted 300 for a land size that could fit maybe 3 buildings if that. Number of flags for amount of tribe they place and nothing to worry about but has to be refreshed not having to sit by a flag 24/7 to stop players from stealing.Love the game has huge potential

4 hours ago, Murreth said:

ark had pillars this game has flags no fucking difference .it wont change they have added a faster decay the more flags u have and that imo is how it will stay .

7 hours ago, microphobe said:

I totally agree. 

PVE is not really PVE right now, it's more like PVE/P. So either add a 3rd Server mode or make PVE being PVE.

- Limit the flags per player/ company

- Remove the flag system for PVE or find a fair balance. Not everyone is playing 24/7 and esp PVE players having focus on crafting/ building/ farming/ taming/ exploring and don't want to rebuild everything twice a week or something. If players want to fight and want to defend bases, they would join a PVP server.

Sure there's the problem with the servers, with the amount of players vs islands (I do understand the Devs), but here needs to be started to find a fair balance and to keep PVE how it should be. 

And this forum is a good way to write down complains and also ideas, so the Devs can thinking about it maybe get new ideas.