Sign in to follow this  
Endo Fett

Remove Behemoth Gates

I was disappointed to see that the building system in Atlas is mainly just a copy/paste of the system from Ark (minus a few improvements).

One of the worst things about the vanilla building system (of the many horrible issues) is the Behemoth Gate.

At least in Ark you had creatures like the Bronto that could explain this gargantuan edifice. This gate is MASSIVELY oversized for Atlas, especially with an elephant almost being able to fit through a regular gate.

Why they have not implemented dynamic gates or a more appropriately sized option in Atlas is beyond me, but the result is the same.

In PvE you have people spamming these massive gates as their entire base structure, with no thought or regard to their neighbours.

I understand that some people will argue that this is the cheapest and easiest way to protect a base, and they would be right.

This does not mean that it should be this way.

I feel that it is exploitative, uneccessary, and simply diminishes the beauty of the game to allow these monstrosities to be spammed all over the map.

Thanks for bearing with me through all that everyone. May the wind be at your backs out there.

Edited by Endo Fett
  • Like 2

there has always been the argument for behemoth walls etc and it has always fallen to the modders to fix the problem. I'm sure it would be here as well.

Give me a dang wall lions and snakes can't get over and I'll use them, but when the only place you claim a d build is a rocky sloped shoreline then you use what you got and behemoth gates are the easiest, I hate the way they look also. Need like a 3 wall high metal spike wall...

I'm in complete agreement with the dislike of the aesthetic of this buildings 

Atlas is a gorgeous game and these do spoil the view. 

just make the damn things look  at lot more pleasing to the eye 

they are not only over the top tall they are plug ugly

. make them shorter no more than 6 walls high more than enough for the creatures in this game this isn’t ark with giant dinos all over 

give them a stone looking arch over the  top anything to get away from ugly square panel 

if

1 hour ago, Elrood said:

Just make it lower.... It can be as wide as it is, but lower.... 

6 walls high is more than enough for the animals in this game 

uhm, behemoth gates have quite a use for building water pens where galleons etc. fit through. even in pve we build ships and then surround them with gates to prevent crocs and other wild animals to attack them. additional they look pretty dope. 

i don´t like the gate spam though on the island. looks super ugly