Upcoming Ally Crew Count Patch Read more... ×
somemay

how to protect ships from sunk from overweighted players for developers of atlas...

Hello, i am not a developer of game but i am developer of another application, but it can't be so different.....

Can you please add to your code so simple thing like this? A lot of player's will be gratefull to this update... Mainly on PVE.

if(player.actualWeight > (player.maxWeight * 1,5))

{ player.startHPloss(); player.cannotmove(); }

else if(player.actualWeight >= player.maxWeight)

{ player.cannotmove(); }

Posted (edited)

for better explanation why repair this code.... when you will take more material then you can you will hurt yourself(in real life)... why not here in game when a lot of players reporting this bug.

Edited by somemay

Will reduce it but not eliminate it. There will be *many* griefers who're happy for their characters to die if they can upset someone.

Ark already has code to prevent out-of-tribe people from getting on platform saddles. It should be simple to implement that code for ships, and have a radial menu option to allow passengers.

The simplest solution is to just copy and paste the already existing code to lock down every work station in the game with a pin code just like doors and storage boxes already have. If it has an inventory you can place things into, pin code it.

It wouldn't stop a group from jumping on your ship and standing there until it sinks from too many passengers but at least the lone troll scumbags that want to pvp on a pve server couldn't do it so effortlessly. If i forget to set the code, well shame on me. If i don't have the option, shame on you Grapeshot.

There's a guy running around on the island i'm at doing this to any ship he can just to seal the salvage materials right now. It's a serious enough exploit issue to justify an emergency unscheduled hotfix because there's no way he's the only one doing it.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Caveman said:

The simplest solution is to just copy and paste the already existing code to lock down every work station in the game with a pin code just like doors and storage boxes already have. If it has an inventory you can place things into, pin code it.

It wouldn't stop a group from jumping on your ship and standing there until it sinks from too many passengers but at least the lone troll scumbags that want to pvp on a pve server couldn't do it so effortlessly. If i forget to set the code, well shame on me. If i don't have the option, shame on you Grapeshot.

There's a guy running around on the island i'm at doing this to any ship he can just to seal the salvage materials right now. It's a serious enough exploit issue to justify an emergency unscheduled hotfix because there's no way he's the only one doing it.

you don't need a container to grief ship, you could literally just stand there, all by yourself, having 80k weight on your body, and sink galleons

• Sad 1

Just now, Clam said:

you don't need a container to grief ship, you could literally just stand there, all by yourself, having 80k weight on your body, and sink galleons

That should be fixed in pve as well. For that, the OP is on the right track. New code required.

Doesn't the game stop you from picking things up after a certain point already though?

i could swear i remember not being able to pick up an entire stack of stone.

Too lazy to do the science atm

17 minutes ago, Caveman said:

That should be fixed in pve as well. For that, the OP is on the right track. New code required.

Doesn't the game stop you from picking things up after a certain point already though?

i could swear i remember not being able to pick up an entire stack of stone.

Too lazy to do the science atm

The key is that they're picking up from the ground, which has no weight checks or limits. Your experience is with trying to take things out of containers.

You can pull a stack out of a box and be maxed out, but you can drop it on the ground (over and over and over) and then pick up everything before the decay timer is done and you have thousands of pounds over your normal weight limit.

In addition to that  you can still move while overweight, no matter by how much. It's slow, but you can still walk with 80,000 pounds of metal/stone/whatever

2 minutes ago, Captain Varghoss said:

The key is that they're picking up from the ground, which has no weight checks or limits. Your experience is with trying to take things out of containers.

You can pull a stack out of a box and be maxed out, but you can drop it on the ground (over and over and over) and then pick up everything before the decay timer is done and you have thousands of pounds over your normal weight limit.

In addition to that  you can still move while overweight, no matter by how much. It's slow, but you can still walk with 80,000 pounds of metal/stone/whatever

Truth

i'm totaly ok with you, 2 company sunk our boat in PVE with the overweith ..