Saltydog920

No point in building a base with current claim flag behavior.

I don't mind losing my base if it's done with explosives, hatchet raiding, cannons etc., but it feels extremely cheap to lose a base to claim flags. All someone has to do is place down a claim flag in your base territory while you're away and once their flag is up, they can demolish your doors. This happened to us yesterday. What did we do? We spawned back at one of our original islands where our raft still happened to be and found a territory with buildings, smithys, looms etc. and placed our flag down. 20 minutes later, we had all their bases and structures. It seems really cheap. I love to build, but there's no point to build an aesthetic and functional building when one claim flag can take over all your stuff.

Raiding needs to be a feature. It's adds a dynamic in which you must acquire resources in order to raid rather than just waiting until your flag is up. It costs nothing to put a flag up. It would cost resources to raid.

On a side note: I do love the building mechanics of Atlas. Sadly, there's no point in using them to their fullest extent right now.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Goldfish The Builder said:

Sleepers, NPC, Tames still block this right, just put one of the 3 in your base 🙂

Tames either dont keep a flag from being taken or it is bugged (PvE). Our neighbours base was stolen, with all their tames in the base. Now they run around in the new base, belonging to the original owner...

2 minutes ago, Grongash said:

Tames either dont keep a flag from being taken or it is bugged (PvE). Our neighbours base was stolen, with all their tames in the base. Now they run around in the new base, belonging to the original owner...

then he had old flags up , the fixes they made to the flags were not applied retro actively , tested extensivlry by myself and ally , we had to replace all flags for the timers and refresh to work 

Just now, UDO said:

then he had old flags up , the fixes they made to the flags were not applied retro actively , tested extensivlry by myself and ally , we had to replace all flags for the timers and refresh to work 

May have been the case ofc. We did however replace our flags after the "fix" and they still went down 2 hours after we redid them. If only there would be an easy way for ourselfs to see OUR flagtimers 😛

Move to lawless region. No claim flags (except to steal a boat which is in non lawless anyways), can't lose your base to this. The downside is you cannot have beds which you can spawn to on land. But you can build a boathouse and stick a spawn boat with a bunch of beds on it just off the coast. The demolish timer is 4 days so you still have to login regularly though. May have issues finding land at this point but you might be able to ask someone for some. Currently people on the lawless island I am on surround their base with foundations to maintain a buffer zone.

2 hours ago, Grongash said:

May have been the case ofc. We did however replace our flags after the "fix" and they still went down 2 hours after we redid them. If only there would be an easy way for ourselfs to see OUR flagtimers 😛

I don't know how is this possible as yesterday i sailed to 7 or 8 differents island looking for 1 spot to build my base (as i play solo i don't need more than 1 claim) and i couldn't place a fucking flag at all cause all the flag already there has the upkept timer running ... i even saw a bunch of negative timer like -14560 second and still couldn't place a single flag..

What am i missing?

1 hour ago, Xilonas said:

I don't know how is this possible as yesterday i sailed to 7 or 8 differents island looking for 1 spot to build my base (as i play solo i don't need more than 1 claim) and i couldn't place a fucking flag at all cause all the flag already there has the upkept timer running ... i even saw a bunch of negative timer like -14560 second and still couldn't place a single flag..

What am i missing?

No idea, i guess its a bug that doesnt affect all flags. We almost lost 1 more an hour ago that was redone and visited 8 hours ago.

it’s not a bug the 3 day timer is in seconds when it hits minus 260,000 the 3 days are up and u can claim it 

it will jump back to 17,000 if visited by the person that placed the flag and start the timer again 

seems only the the person that placed the flag can contest or refresh flag 

Edited by uli

well something is wron i claimed 5 spots yesterday and lost them all today....no 3 day protection on an pvp server