Sign in to follow this  
Glombo

30 Grids and the only thing i learned is that not claiming is the problem, who claimed is the problem.

So after traveling through 30 Grids on EU PVE, i learned one thing about claims. There are a few cool Companys that would spare a claim for a single Player or a small group, but most of them is settled in the tundra or in areas where you have to fight against snakes, crocs... . But the most companys that have claims are greedy like hell. We travelled in one grid where a company with 3 people online claimed two islands with nothing but shipyard and a 2x2 hut on it. Asking them if they can spare one single claim resultet in an insult and the tip to go in the tundra. In the next grid we entered we could spectate how another group was trying to buy some land. And again there was only one guy claiming an whole island. As the group asked if he could spare some land, he answered : "No there will be NPCs somewhere in future to build a trader with and i want to be a trader". This are only two examples for what we have seen on our "little" tour. So if people complain about the claim system and how bad it is and how bad these chinese folks are, i recomend you take a journey arround the map and take a look what some, if not the most "companys" are doing. But to be fair, its not only the claims, on lawless Server we saw whole islands spamed with Foundations and gates. 

Before you blame the Devs take a look arround you and open your eyes. The only thing devs can do, is to restrict claims to one for each company (maybe two) and makeing it depent on how much online players a company has. Atleast on the pve servers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, the game needs a built in setting (ini setting for a server) to set a maximum number of claims per player and/or per company.

Even on the unofficial servers this problem of a few people wanting to claim way more land than they can ever use is a problem. On unofficial servers most admins make rules about how many land claims you can have, but then they have to enforce them on a per claim basis, which is a huge pain for them to deal with.

Could be just what happens when some people are hoarders in real life and they get in a game, that is what they will do. Hard to understand, but the game doesn't currently help even the players that don't want to cause problems like we are seeing. The game makes it way to easy to claim land and actually pretty hard to remove a claim (for instance when you leave an area, you can't remove them later remotely when you realize you are not going back there again).

May be per player claims, give every player only 2 claims, or one and more increasing with level, a company can become bigger with more players, so should their land.

its just funny, we have a really tiny island but our group consists of 10 people, we have to get almost all our stuff from other islands and the bigger ones have always 30% tax, we struggle to build a big ship, while smaller companies own gigantic islands with 30% tax. And for us it wouldnt even make sense to build a Bank on our shitty island.

Edited by L3XBunny

So after days we now decided to steal a claim, but somehow it doesnt work at all. Can someone explain how it works?

We found a small island with one company on it, that claimed the whole island, so we decided to steal one flag. We went out and found a spot, no players sleeping arround. We pressed F1 and a blue circle was shown. I placed the flag and it sayd something about contested and a timer popped up with 9:59, but nothing happend. 

Is this how it works? 

Edit: We've placed our flag and we are waiting. One hour passed by and nothing happend

Edited by Glombo

Yeah.
Basically before your timer will start to tick, other claim need to lower. It takes around 30 minutes for flag to declaim. 
You can see progress on flag that is affected by your claim. Sometimes it is pain in the proverbial backside to find correct flag you are "attacking". 

Good luck. 

Edited by Elrood

Hey glombo, seems as someone is in that circle. If you are 100% nobody is sleeping there, then something is wrong and someone has found a way to glitch it. I myself am planning to go far north to see what land is open sometime today!

We tried this once with an island which a group of 3 claimed.  As soon as we started this group jump up and started going crazy throwing insults.  So we jumped into our boat to sail away only for them to jump on too and another pursue us in their schooner.  He sat in front of the wheel, with his but in the captains face for a whole of three server until we purposefully went through some hurricanes so he'd die and leave the ship.

That was our second and last attempt at finding a slice of land to claim.  Since then we've given up hope on the claim system.

Yeah seems like last hope Roan. So still nothing happend, pressed "H" and searched the perimeter that is shown but found nothing. 5/6 of the claim is Water so my only guess is that someone glitched into a stone on the shoreline. We are now heading south again, if there willl be a free spot it sure will be a hell of a fun, dying from cold, travelling for Fibers, Fighting against wolfs, travelling to get the vitamins that are missing down there

I don't get why the devs just let us use our beds in the lawless zones, atleast we would have some kind of safety and are not forced to start all over again.

btw actual count is 38 grids including freeports and lawless

Edited by Glombo

Like the tundra south? Did you check all the way up north already? seems like most the bigger tribes are down south on the map, havn't heard much about the northeast section, curious on if any land is available there, We have land in the desert right now but im looking for more of a cooler climate lol

7AC5AEvz.jpgPbr8LyLx.jpgJPiKJPTq.jpgMYN4qdCV.jpgPassed Grid 41 (N9), on Strafberg Island we found a pure beauty. A third of the Island (Lawless) is surrounded by large gates, another third of the island is spamed with foundations and all of this by the same guy or company. In front of this huge area are 6 shipyards (all from the same guy/companie). In my opinionen this is pure insanity, i don't get what these guys are thinking. Okay these gates are ugly but sometimes usefull, to protect a ship or a your base from predators, but this is out of my understanding. 

Edited by Glombo

6 hours ago, Glombo said:

o after days we now decided to steal a claim, but somehow it doesnt work at all. Can someone explain how it works?

We found a small island with one company on it, that claimed the whole island, so we decided to steal one flag. We went out and found a spot, no players sleeping arround. We pressed F1 and a blue circle was shown. I placed the flag and it sayd something about contested and a timer popped up with 9:59, but nothing happend. 

Is this how it works? 

Edit: We've placed our flag and we are waiting. One hour passed by and nothing happend

Ok basically what we established was that the flag you are contesting will not countdown unless the 3 day refresh has expired but there is currently no visual data to show this to the pathfinder or company contesting. Basically that land hogger has replaced all their flags within the last 3 days to prevent anyone contesting (just another part of their grind duties every time they log on). At least they are still active though and this proves as such. Your best bet IMO is to find somewhere that looks abandoned (regardless of all the red circles). Search every island you come across. We found a 4X4 hut with the door open that was practically empty and when we placed our flag next to the existing flag it immediately started counting their flag down and did not stay stuck on 9:59. This is because they had clearly abandoned the area and not replaced their flag recently. The funny thing was that we figured out why they got the hell out of there and it was because it was in a spot where alpha lions and tigers were spawning constantly inside the damn base and the pathfinder (clearly alone) would have been continuously ravaged by the overwhelming spawns of dangerous creatures in that area. Kind of like a "Screw this, I will try my chances elsewhere". Since then we have left official servers and gone unofficial because official is seriously too broken to play at the moment and the reports of the broken areas of the game have saturated the forums a lot faster than they are being fixed or can be fixed. Therefore until the devs catch up with that to an acceptable level I wish you the best of luck in official but you will not be seeing me or my company there.

😄

• Like 1

New Update: Grid 51, we are in the north now. On lIne 3 there was no land to grab (we did not check all of the grids). Headed further north to N1 where our Brig was one hitted by a "spermwhale" and sunk. We are now back at where we begun our journey and even if my friend says lets build a new ship and try again, i am done. The whale spawned 30 meters in front of us and headed right against our ship, without the right wind direction  we had no chance at all. I spent over 200 hours at this game and next week i have to return to work. I feel like constantly getting kicked in the behind.

Edited by Glombo

Yeah I know what you mean. Came from 170 hours PvP and wanted to claim 1 single land to get some shipyard and house up.
Well already sailing for 10 hours. Still no f*cking free land to see.

Whenever you ask people to PLS give up 1 land of the 100 their owning. Not 1 single person wants to do it.

Well I aint having fun in this game as it is now. You can't do a single thing. 

20190109180237_1.jpg