Sign in to follow this  
Tiberius_theron

When is 10.0 patch dropping?

ETA was about 45 mins ago, but we haven't had any news since yesterday so no one knows

Edited by Heilos

They already dropped it, but it fell down the back of the sofa, now they need to dig it out and pick off the lint before we can have it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

They should give it to the Beastie Boys, they've been known to let things.... MMmmmmm DROP!

• Like 1

Wildcard has literally never met an ETA for anything in their company's history. 

Usually, you'd think that "Oh, he's just exaggerating", but in this case. I'm not. They have *never* hit an ETA. Ever. In history. People need to learn to just ignore any ETA they post because it's literally just irrelevant mind games. 

They are abysmal at hitting their times... It wouldn't be so bad if they gave us updates as to why they are late. But no, complete dead silence.

Generally they found bugs last minute that need fixing, which is why they announce 9, but then it ends up being 9.12 or 9.15 .. also just because they want to patch, doesn't mean they can as the update needs to go through validation... sucks, but it happens.

32 minutes ago, Blackdove77 said:

Generally they found bugs last minute that need fixing, which is why they announce 9, but then it ends up being 9.12 or 9.15 .. also just because they want to patch, doesn't mean they can as the update needs to go through validation... sucks, but it happens.

No. They don't. 

They wait until the last minute, the code doesn't compile (IE the patch doesn't even start) so they can't ship it. Wildcard doesn't test or play their game. At all. Or their staff is fubar. 

If they actually tested their games and found bugs, we wouldn't have nearly the issues we do when patches launch. IE Ships of the damned driving through islands and demoing bases from under the mesh. Ships of the damned aggroing from out of render. Whales one shotting galleys. Etc. 

42 minutes ago, Yoshihito said:

They are abysmal at hitting their times... It wouldn't be so bad if they gave us updates as to why they are late. But no, complete dead silence.

If they are late with patch updates why expect better performance with ETA updates?  😎

1 hour ago, Yoshihito said:

Thier late because there not ready. Rather they delay  it and punch it out in at least a partially working state heh

Edited by Dags
Because im a dumass

22 minutes ago, Dags said:

There late because thier not ready. Rather they delay  it and punch it out in at least a partially working state heh

I have to LOL and I am not being a dick or grammar police. But you used There and Their and they were both wrong. Literally smiled at that. And I know even for people who have English as their first language screw those up all the time. If they had both been the same I wouldnt have noticed or thought anything about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ellentro said:

Wildcard has literally never met an ETA for anything in their company's history. 

Usually, you'd think that "Oh, he's just exaggerating", but in this case. I'm not. They have *never* hit an ETA. Ever. In history. People need to learn to just ignore any ETA they post because it's literally just irrelevant mind games. 

This is not true. They completely hit their time frame with Extinction....and then it was immediately obvious that they should not have, because it was half finished at most. So let's say they've never hit an ETA with a product that could reasonably be called finished. But overall yeah, their ETA's are a joke. Makes you wonder why they bother to give them. Just drop stuff when it's ready. If people ask, say Soon™.  This is what the development team of City of Heroes, literally the most responsive development team to it's community I've ever seen would do (you could PM individual devs through their forum system, and if they weren't up against a deadline, there was a decent chance you'd get a reply. TO A PM!), and everyone over age 12 was fine with it.

13 minutes ago, rodarin said:

I have to LOL and I am not being a dick or grammar police. But you used There and Their and they were both wrong. Literally smiled at that. And I know even for people who have English as their first language screw those up all the time. If they had both been the same I wouldnt have noticed or thought anything about it.

lol thanks and don't mind being corrected when wrong.... fixing.

If the patch is not out then why did my tamed wolf lose 200hp?

Edited by Ubung

16 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

This is not true. They completely hit their time frame with Extinction....and then it was immediately obvious that they should not have, because it was half finished at most. So let's say they've never hit an ETA with a product that could reasonably be called finished. But overall yeah, their ETA's are a joke. Makes you wonder why they bother to give them. Just drop stuff when it's ready. If people ask, say Soon™.  This is what the development team of City of Heroes, literally the most responsive development team to it's community I've ever seen would do (you could PM individual devs through their forum system, and if they weren't up against a deadline, there was a decent chance you'd get a reply. TO A PM!), and everyone over age 12 was fine with it.

They missed their announced ETA for Extinction by almost an entire month. Sure, that's "Within their time frame", but that's because their time frame is half the calendar year. 

It is entirely accurate, and reasonable, to say that they have never hit an ETA. Because they haven't. 

As for City of Heroes dev team. I enjoyed them thoroughly, even if they had some complete batwits like Castle and Positron whom had no idea what they were doing with anything (Cough cough i13 cough cough), they had a good heart and a sense of professionalism that gaming studios of the current generation are thoroughly lacking.

The biggest issue with Wildcard is a seeming lack of any form of cohesion. They behave and act like a studio with absolutely no sense of management or professional duty/sense. They are far closer to a team you'd expect to see working on a game Mod rather then an actual game. They demonstrably do not test anything they make, nor do they have any real idea how to meet deadlines or actual sense of duty to their playerbase. 

Some of you all must have never played Mortal Online by Star Vault... those guys didn't even give ETAs... it happened when it happened...and then it usually broke a dozen other things and would get fixed when it got fixed.

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Some of you all must have never played Mortal Online by Star Vault... those guys didn't even give ETAs... it happened when it happened...and then it usually broke a dozen other things and would get fixed when it got fixed.

Thats pretty much what happens here. Sure, they give ETA's, but those ETA's are never met and are usually ignored by anyone with a brain at this point, so do they really exist?

3 minutes ago, Ellentro said:

Thats pretty much what happens here. Sure, they give ETA's, but those ETA's are never met and are usually ignored by anyone with a brain at this point, so do they really exist?

At least these guys let you know what is coming instead of just dropping it on you.   I love EVE but CCP is bad for that.

7 hours ago, Ellentro said:

They missed their announced ETA for Extinction by almost an entire month. Sure, that's "Within their time frame", but that's because their time frame is half the calendar year. 

a month? Try 6 months, the original release date for Extinction was Spring 2018.