Sign in to follow this  
galium

Game has an imbalance of time spent on fun vs trivial

As per title. I find I spend far to much time feeding myself, huddling around fires or repairing things than I do actually out there interacting with the world.

The vitamin system is a level of detail that seems to only serve to annoy the hell out of you and waste your time having to gather multiple types of food.

Food decays in your bag far too fast, reassuring that you are wasting more time gathering multiple types of food.  Food on your hotbar, which is limited in number, should decay slower, imo.

I run to do things, oh wait, now I need to stop having fun and stand around this fire to prevent myself from starving to death due to cold or I can go waste a bunch more time gathering multiple types of food.

Yay I can finally do things, oh wait I used my item a few times and now I gotta go gather more stuff to repair my item and run back to the smithy, but now my other items are almost broken from gathering that stuff... more gathering... 

I get that you need these mechanics in the game, well not vitamins they can go to hell, but the balance on time spend needs to be better, imo.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I agree with your post.  But I find an easy way around the food thing is to put veggies in slot 8, fruit 9, meat 0.  When I eat, I cycle through.  (I ignore fish as it doesn't deplete that fast)  I go into boost mode almost instantly.  It helps with some of it.

Build your character properly, make sure you stay in Vitamin balance (Equilibrium)  and you will not have the problem you describe. Stop trying to change something that is actually part of the game play just because you don't want to put the effort in or set you skills up properly..