heavenknight

Single PLayer

I hope they will include an offline mode like in Ark so we can play while waiting for their servers or for future problem they will have through the development!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, heavenknight said:

I hope they will include an offline mode like in Ark so we can play while waiting for their servers or for future problem they will have through the development!

I was kind of disheartened by this when I was at the main menu for the first time. If there was one similarity I would of wanted from ARK, Single player would of been it.

• Like 4

I'm sorry to inform you sir but this is a mmo.

Edited by Lemur
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I agree that a single player mode like Ark would be much appreciated. So many people play Ark single player, why lose out on this demographic.

Another way would be to upgrade the dedicated software from what it is now (manual .bat file, manually config) to a tool similar to the extremely popular ASM (Ark Server manager).

Also, single player mode is great for mod authors to test out mods and server owners/admins to test out mods for their community.

• Like 2

You can always download the dedicated server and play on it all alone 🙂
But yeah, it's not the same as a single-player mode.
Kindof a workaround

Edited by Sir_Manfred
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Sir_Manfred said:

Kindof a workaround

I tried, but it's a bit beyond my technical skill level. Hoping for an easy to follow tutorial.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sir_Manfred said:

Kindof a workaround

It hasn't been confirmed, but LAN hosting for single player dosen't seem to work.

I don't see why they can't give us a single player version,all of the software for the grids and such are already on our computers. But even a 1 or 2 grid version would be great.  I'd run a dedicated LAN server on my computer if it would work like ASM does for Ark. I was able to easily set that up and play on the same computer as the server.  I don't have a separate computer to use as a server box.

hello there

joined the forums purely to signify my wish for this as well.

Single Player, please.

Or a persistent (saveable) LAN option.

rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Ditto ORLOK above, I've got the game but was disappointed to see there was no local/sp option (Keeping hold of it for now, seeing how it develops).

All we'd need would be just a grid or 2x2, this would probably be more than adequate and not too resource crazy for solo play and local hosted I'd of thought.

• Like 1

Just joined this forum to throw in my hat for single player also. I liked the modding you can do in Ark . Hope to get that in Atlas at some point.

13 hours ago, Apoyt said:

All we'd need would be just a grid or 2x2, this would probably be more than adequate and not too resource crazy for solo play and local hosted I'd of thought.

The Devs just need to make the server software have a gui, and easy to operate setup and allow LAN only servers for single player mode.

i would 100% prefer a single player mode i would forget about iRL if there was story mode to this game in offline but lets be honest thats too good of an idea for devs to come up with 

40 minutes ago, Reklesnes said:

i would 100% prefer a single player mode i would forget about iRL if there was story mode to this game in offline but lets be honest thats too good of an idea for devs to come up with 

Ark has single player mode. Same devs.

38 minutes ago, Lynx said:

Ark has single player mode. Same devs.

all the experiance from Ark and this is the product they produce... its kind of pathetic

Just now, Reklesnes said:

all the experiance from Ark and this is the product they produce... its kind of pathetic

Having single player mode at EA launch would have at least allowed more players to play the game. Even just to test things out.

100% agree im at 55hours played and have nothing as community servers reset every update and Im Ocean located and its pointless for me to play official atm

I have tried lots of things to get a dedicated server to work just to play single player. But since my internet is from a mobile hotspot apparently port forwarding does work with mobile isp.  Ark is easy to run through just LAN, this dosen't seem to be possible with Atlas.

Guess I will refund. No point in owning a game I cannot play.

Add Single Player mode and LAN server access (both are available in Ark).

Single player mode

And

LAN connectivity for servers

Both greatly needed.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2018 at 7:39 PM, Lynx said:

Single player mode

And

LAN connectivity for servers

Both greatly needed.

Quoting myself. But since I couldn't get my LAN server working I have refunded the game. No point keeping a game I cannot play. 

Both single player mode and LAN option are needed before I would buy this game again. Both are available in Ark.

• Like 1

1. This is not Ark......

2. Running your own server for single player is pointless. You would get one grid square as your PC probably wont handle multiple servers for you to cross into and enjoy each biome.

People really need to stop comparing to Ark, its the same engine, thats it.........Different department, just the same backers and assets...... Its like saying you want world of warcraft in singleplayer....... Spitting your dummy out in this way makes no difference and helps nobody. Next time do some reading before just purchasing a game. There is vast amounts of knowledge just at your fingertips, why not try using it?

4 hours ago, DanYellowbeard said:

2. Running your own server for single player is pointless. You would get one grid square as your PC probably wont handle multiple servers for you to cross into and enjoy each biome.

There is a custom map tool. So all the biomes could be in smaller maps.

8 hours ago, Lynx said:

There is a custom map tool. So all the biomes could be in smaller maps.

A lot of private servers are doing this already, and the map doesn't seem crowded by doing it either from what I've seen.

• Like 1