heavenknight

Single PLayer

Single player would be nice, sorta, except when you think the scale of the "end game" content.

More important would be to stop the peppering of land that prevents any sort of "not in my group, can't do anything" from the PVE servers, including preventing basic needs to just keep sailing, and on PVP servers the offline protection is too strong, making it extremely anger -inducing to go anywhere that someone has littered the lands with floors and pillars to prevent anyone from actually doing anything - even if they didn't plan to attack or raid.

If you support click the up triangle. I don't get the organisation of this thread.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2018 at 9:09 PM, Lemur said:

I'm sorry to inform you sir but this is a mmo.

Exactly.

I'm pretty sick of hearing the excuse that Atlas could have a SP mode as Ark is also labelled as an MMO. That tag is USER DEFINED. Ark has never been described as an MMO by the devs or by Steam. There is no mention of "MMO" in the actual game description on the store page. People are basically looking for Ark 2.0, well sorry but that's not what the devs are aiming for, in any way shape or form. You only have to look at the direction the devs roadmap is going to see that Atlas will becoming less and less like Ark as EA continues.

The devs have absolutely ZERO reasons to make a single player version of Atlas when they've already got Ark single player which could effectively be Atlas SP with the right mods.

Edited by Acurisur

The Atlas devs released their server files for free for this very reason that people can play on their own servers, also if you are going to develop mods using the devkit the best way to develop them is to use single player.

ARK only allows you to make server clusters for teleports, there is no ship sailing across borders, so not sure where the idea comes from that ARK is single player ATLAS.  Many of the systems in ATLAS are improved from ARK as well.

This guy wrote a server navigator to play the entire official map and the discord is active supporting those trying to get setup.  https://discordapp.com/channels/532730727570210826/532731162250969118

Maybe you play official and want to use single player to scout out where resources are.

If that is too big then there are some smaller sample maps in the server editor and a number of people making them.

Yes Atlas has no direct LAN search and if you setup your maps using external IP you need a router/ISP that lets you get out and back in.

But you can also setup your maps with LAN 128.x.x.x  or play on your gaming PC using 127.x.x..x here address which is how the servers already access the redis database.   Add your login server to steam and it will show up in ATLAS favorites.   The only drawback to the internal address is rejoin does not work, and every logout server needs to be added in steam  (or you bed teleport to freeport to logout)

And yes there currently is no mod that solves the server not up so bottles are empty problem.  You could just multiply treasure to compensate.

Edited by krazmuze

On 12/23/2018 at 9:09 PM, Lemur said:

I'm sorry to inform you sir but this is a mmo.

Sorry to inform you sir but Ark is also a MMO and that has SP, as is Scum and many others.

2 hours ago, Acurisur said:

Exactly.

I'm pretty sick of hearing the excuse that Atlas could have a SP mode as Ark is also labelled as an MMO. That tag is USER DEFINED. Ark has never been described as an MMO by the devs or by Steam. There is no mention of "MMO" in the actual game description on the store page. People are basically looking for Ark 2.0, well sorry but that's not what the devs are aiming for, in any way shape or form. You only have to look at the direction the devs roadmap is going to see that Atlas will becoming less and less like Ark as EA continues.

The devs have absolutely ZERO reasons to make a single player version of Atlas when they've already got Ark single player which could effectively be Atlas SP with the right mods.

I pretty sick of fools that say Ark is not an MMO and prats like you.

3 hours ago, Acurisur said:

That tag is USER DEFINED.

The MMO tag on both Ark and Atlas is dev defined, not user defined.

3 hours ago, Acurisur said:

devs have absolutely ZERO reasons

Single player is a demographic that could make the devs money. That's 1 reason.

With player numbers dropping like flys and people trying to make or host there own servers, the Devs should give us LAN support to help with this and save this game from the Grave.

• Like 1

I too would love a single player option.  I used to love to single player Ark for the ability to just pause the game when offline, and it was a great way to sandbox build certain things.  Right now I'm taking a break from Atlas because I'm so tired of grinding materials to rebuild different ship ideas.  

Agreed on the single player!

it allows people to play with builds and also practice before moving to a live server.

at least give us a 1 grid single player to be able to play around with the game some.  Consider it a “tutorial” phase but don’t limit the level to 8.

2 hours ago, Captain Stabbin said:

at least give us a 1 grid single player to be able to play around with the game some.  Consider it a “tutorial” phase but don’t limit the level to 8.

That is the intent of the modder ISO map coming next month....although it is not tutorial is stated intent is to experience the full game.  Although I am not sure how that can be when it is only a revamped equatorial biome maybe the mod condenses the mechanics such as requiring biome variant materials for blueprints.  You would need multiple grids to experience the powerstone islands and trenches as written, but that could also be condensed since you only need to grab the powerstone and that can go anywhere.

After playing around with the game for awhile now I'm missing an aspect from previous Pirate games.

What this game needs for these small areas, or even the large PvE server clusters is NPC pirate bases/islands you can attack and loot. Like some of the old school SP PC pirate games of the past.  Actually it should be a possibility with the current mechanics.  One AI boss/commander placed inside a main AI claimed, defended fort area.  You sneak past or battle their ships that patrol around the island.  If you sneak past you can take out the signal fires before they get a chance to lite them, keeping the patrol ships from being called back to defend.  You then make it past the port defenses using your ship cannons on the manned AI cannons/weapons, or sneak in on foot at night(should be a few avenues of approach) and grab what you can avoiding the ship and port defenses.  Battling your way hand-to-hand until you reach the main fort where you need to kill the commander.  Grab the loot and gold and retreat back to your ship with your booty.  After a time period the island resets.  The larger and more difficult pirate bases of course would have better booty.  This would give some life to the PvE side of the game also. 

The Fantasy element alone just doesn't cut it for a complete Pirate game IMO....needs more pirate stuff.  Probably need the SDK for changing those aspects...unless they eventually build premade islands set up with NPC pirate bases that can be added through the Sever Grid Editor.  That would be preferred.  Basically with a 1x1 grid you could have a complete game package for a small group of players or for the solo player.