MERX

Where's the DEV Kit Grapeshot?

There has been a plug on the screen in the game  telling the community to get their MODS ready because the DEV KIT is comming out later this week, but that was last week.... If true, the Dev kit should have been out and the Steam Workshop opened..... What's the Story Grapeshot? The faster you get the DEV KIT and Workshop open, the faster Modders can save this Game. The game has a lot of potential, but it needs mods right now and you guys could use Mod popularity to better know what direction to move in.

Edited by MERX

Waiting for this myself, I hope to be able to get rid of those stupid 'motors' from sailboats and maybe even improve on sailing even more for those of us who actually enjoy challenge of sailing :3

Don't hold you breathe for too long, These amateurs delayed this game for nearly 1 week. So i'm pretty sure these jokers will delay the dev kit as well. 

That's because they know, modders will fix their game and not the developers. Kinda depressing lol

2 hours ago, D34th said:

Don't hold you breathe for too long, These amateurs delayed this game for nearly 1 week. So i'm pretty sure these jokers will delay the dev kit as well. 

That's because they know, modders will fix their game and not the developers. Kinda depressing lol

1. A one week delay really isn't that big of a deal. AAA companies have delayed games for far longer. So by that standard they aren't amateurs.
2. If the dev kit gets delayed it gets delayed. I would rather have a working kit to use than a broken one.
3. Citation for your obvious opinionated statement.

In closing you seem to be like every other descenter in this game who make half-baked objections and emotional opinionated statements. You aren't a successful dev if you're a dev at all. Kindly keep opinions about a process you have shown to know nothing about to yourself.

Edited by Fractal Shard
Grammar
  • Like 4

devkit is needed now , the game is full of bugs and never repaired...

and ingame says later week later week and past 3 -4 -5 -6 weeks....... ¬¬

Edited by UraNuS

why need the devkit when the game is full of bugs?

do you think the devkit is clean of bugs?

major updates and hotfixes are more important than devkits, which makes the game to ATLAS 1945 (sorry)

The game needs a total rebalance look at two handed maces and melee in general, the stupid reload minigame needs to be gone max 2 pistols d'on d'offing needs way large cooldowns instead of just stacking 10 on hotbar for instant reload. Fire arrows still broken as fuck. hide armor is useless for pvp. then fuze shots, canister, grapeshot,  useless,  gattling gun useless, grenades useless... npc's fucking useless cant even mount mortars, catapult useless, balista useless except for fishing, the entire music system is useless because the stat system is useless because making food and balancing stats is completely fucked up because salt is required for explosives so everyone just respawns by killing himself. No big cannons on big gunports >.<, the effort vs benefit of building all ships except sloop is ridiculous, the entire skill tree is useless and makes no sense at all.

and after that we need to talk about ship design of decks, sails (lmfao schooners with 1 large sail ridonkulous) , level up options, and general control of the different positions, right now npc crews -> players. 

i think thats about... nope: resource distribution needs to be fixed, tundra and polar entirely needs fix, the weather conditions are stupid because fortitude is useless, the attribute stats are unbalanced some points outweight others by ridiculous amounts...

man release the SDK gives for your own sake 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The game needs the god damn devkit to be released. Players who like the game and willing to put in effort will make it into what it's supposed to be. Not what the devs THINK the players want. At least with mods available, the game can ACTUALLY be what players want it to be.

Edited by Luc1fer

Agreed that the Dev kit is needed. This game needs saving. Where combat, crafting, and the terrible skill tree etc is concerned I don't believe the Devs are on the same page as what Players really want. If you want Clunky combat and swordplay, "Kingdom Come: Deliverance" has it. Go there.

I'm here in ATLAS for the ARK Game play experience in a new world and theme. ATLAS really should have replaced the ARK: Extinction P.O.S. as an expansion. I believe that much of the clunky additions and minigames were created to distance ATLAS from ARK as a stand alone, but that obvious cat has been out of the bag for a while. It's like a Beautiful world with antiquated play structure.

Let the Community build the game, and then Grapeshot can implement the popular MODs into Patches. As was done in ARK. Ragnarok is an excellent example of this.

The only setback I can see coming from this, and it is a big one, is that with every update, MODs break. So at the rate updates / patches are being released right now, Modders would have to be on their toes to say the least. Keeping up with changes the Devs continue to make on what seems to be a daily basis.

alot of u complaining about things being broken or need re balancing failed to realize that this is a Early Access game and only been out for a few weeks and it will get balanced and tweaked just like it did in Ark .... and if u played Ark when it release remember the Bow Melee attack knocking out tames then being fix same thing ... im sure the devkit is going to come out sooner or later 

No shit its early access, these early games shouldnt be delayed, its not a full game yet, so its dog shit. They are too scared to bring it out because they know modders will create better and much more playable games. Atlas is trash and needed a AAA company to make this concept. 

Again I have to emphasize that you know nothing of the dev process nor the work that goes into these games. The fact that you can't see that a delay would happen on an early access game shows that you are either trolling or just willfully ignorant. If you think it's terrible why are you still here? Stop playing something you don't like and go trawl Reddit. Educate yourself. 

TNI96sb.jpg

Edited by Fractal Shard
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Every Dev do it differently, look at BFA it is still unfinished and you pay more and monthly. And in Atlas you pay 20€ get your own Server, Land Editor and soon the Modkit where you can create your own stuff and change settings that you dont like.

• Like 1

All of you whining and b***hing and complaining. Just stop already. Patience truly is a virtue, and you obviously don't have that either. If you think you can do it any better, go make a game yourself and do it. Otherwise, STFU already. Devs do their best, trying to understand why there are bugs in the first place, and get them tweaked and worked on is a job in itself.

You think a house that's built from the ground up, brand new, won't have flaws? Why do you think homes get Warranty Deeds for 1-2 years when it's first bought? Same thing, to warranty the workmanship, to improve imperfections. And it takes time. You seriously have no clue if all you do is complain and whine. You are not a true person that understands development and production. Until you do, STFU. But on the other hand, if you did, you wouldn't be sitting here complaining and whining like a little B****. Tired of you being the amateurs and stating they are. It's early access for a reason, so people can help report the bugs they don't see right off the bat either.

Now sit back, be patient, be grateful they even made the damn game, and wait for things to fall in to place just like any other game out there. Even new games on consoles get updates, its why they made games to be played on a console without needing the CD/DVD all the time so they could update them and the content. It happens every day, it's nothing new, get off your high horse and just be patient.

Last thing, just like @Fractal Shard stated: "Educate yourself." If you know how, but seeing your complaints here tell me you don't even know how to do that either.

'Nuf said. I won't be responding to any replies to my thread as I feel this was a waste of time already for the puny intellects around here to begin with. So if you have something hateful to say in reply, don't worry, I won't be reading it, so don't waste your precious time any more of begging for dev kits and for bugs to be fixed already. Oh my word, the world evolves around other than yourself! Get your big britches on already. If you're on here complaining, you're old enough to be wearing those by now, right?! LOL get a life geez!

• Sad 1

This topic was created to clarify and ask  why the DEV Kit has not been delivered as promised in the splash plugs stating, "Later this week" (for 3 weeks). Bu it seems people are frustrated lol. Saying things like, "Patience truly is a virtue", as they themselves rant due to lack of said patience with forum threads others post lol. We are all free, as you are to share our view of what we see, just as you are. It's called "FREEDOM OF SPEECH" for the uneducated.

I for one will not attempt to change anyone elses view of the game based on my experience, because it is mine and may not be the same perspective. Having said that, be truly "Patient" and allow others to express themselves as they see fit. I never give others that kind of power over my behavior. It's weak. They will only poke you more because it is entertaining to control someone else's behavior. (lol watch this... poke poke... he he he) Don't do that to yourself lol.

It is a fact that Modders helped ARK to become what it is today, and as a result, many on the team that built ATLAS were recruited directly from that very same ARK Modding Community. so the evidence is in and has been before this game was even a thought in anyone's mind. Facts are facts, and opinions are many. Grapeshot would do well to allow Modders to do all the work for them because Not only are Modders passionate, they are FREE. 80% of their current economic manpower burden could be liquidated and re-purposed elsewhere in days. Stop the bleeding.

Edited by MERX

4 hours ago, MERX said:

"This topic was created to clarify and ask  why the DEV Kit has not been delivered as promised in the splash plugs stating, "Later this week" (for 3 weeks)." 

That splash plug in-game has only been up for a week and 1 day. I don't where you got this ludicrous 3 week notion that you have in your head.

45 minutes ago, Fractal Shard said:

That splash plug in-game has only been up for a week and 1 day. I don't where you got this ludicrous 3 week notion that you have in your head.

Been on my server's splash for quite a while. Not sure why you hadn't seen it earlier, but no big deal. Who knows why it pops up where it does. Unless you really want to make issue of it. If so, have fun with that. 😄 Dev kit still didn't come out last week, this week, or two weeks ago even though it was announced lol. I'll choose my battles, thanks. :skull: If I invite you to lunch later this week and call you next week, what would that make me? Not reliable that's for sure. And it would make you pretty unimportant.

They're just facts man. no need to get tight. 😉

Edited by MERX

8 hours ago, MERX said:

Been on my server's splash for quite a while. Not sure why you hadn't seen it earlier, but no big deal. Who knows why it pops up where it does. Unless you really want to make issue of it. If so, have fun with that. 😄 Dev kit still didn't come out last week, this week, or two weeks ago even though it was announced lol. I'll choose my battles, thanks. :skull: If I invite you to lunch later this week and call you next week, what would that make me? Not reliable that's for sure. And it would make you pretty unimportant.

They're just facts man. no need to get tight. 😉

The fact that you don't know is that he dev kits already been handed out to some modders even before the game launched. So yes, if you arn't a prominent modder you're pretty unimportant on their list of who gets it before full release.

Edited by Fractal Shard

4 hours ago, Fractal Shard said:

The fact that you don't know is that he dev kits already been handed out to some modders even before the game launched. So yes, if you arn't a prominent modder you're pretty unimportant on their list of who gets it before full release.

eh.. even ispezz, author of the steampunk mod (and featured in the actual devkit announcement at the end of the atlas trailer) doesn't have access to the devkit. 
no clue where you got your information from, but your source isn't correct. Besides, even if they did get it before launch it's outdated now.
my source: https://twitter.com/iSpeZz/status/1082812195979833345

Edited by BLiNNeMaNS

is it really that hard to just agree that we all want the dev kit already and just be patient so we can save their game? isnt that what we are all here for is to help them make a game how we want to make it?

there's that word again.. "patience".. 
that word is the reason for this entire and tons of other posts spread out over the atlas and ark forums. 

we are patient. the entire community is patient. patience is usually rewarded with a release. once a releasedate is set it becomes a promise. broken promises end in impatience. and that's where we're at. The lack of "soon", "eta", "hopefully" and/or "possibly" when a date or time is presented (in this case "end of this week") makes it a hard limit, so we're entitled to be impatient. 

the whole reason for the delays however probably has to do with too much patience internally at wildcard/grapeshot.
they set a deadline for when the coders have to send in their code so they can cook a new patch.
once that patch is tested and stable they can cook the devkit.
However, during the cooking of the patch, code that didn't make the deadline arrives, they stop the cooking process, start again, more code arrives, they restart again, then code for the new patch arrives and they decide to move the deadline so they can add it all to a bigger patch.. 
Due to all these additions, they can't cook the dev kit yet because they need time and a stable release, which will be ready the next week.. rinse, repeat

Edited by BLiNNeMaNS

if that is the case then stop yelling at them about it they know what they said they know what they did they now know we are not happy and have to suffer the consequences. but they will get it done regardless of when it releases. i understand people are going to be impatient and thats fine but dont complain about it when the games only been out fo r like 3 weeks or whatever its been. i would much rather a game that stable and not laggy and functioning properly before any DLC content or any dev kit because the dev kit cant fix a laggy game. but like i said i understand your guys' impatience and irritation, im annoyed about it as well but i know itll be here soon anyway

Hmm I see a lot of "we'll save their game" or "we'll fix their game" A very small amount of you might (example s+ on ark and now here) but the majority of you will just be one mod in a sea of mods that don't do anything for official and only benefit unofficial. The official lovers will still rabidly play official servers and your mods do nothing for them. So your statement should not be "we'll save their game" it should be "we'll improve unofficial".

Info on the Devkit Jat posted yesterday 

- Devkit? Soon! Got a day? no, but very soon. It's just having it's final bits touched up and prob needs to be updated for v10 now.