GT Style

Timeout/ ADMIN pls delete my charakter

Hello Devs,

I can no longer connect to [EU PVP] The Whale's Wrath server. I was trying to change the server area to spawn in 😢

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960342663

Tell me if you need more? My char name is John Shepard, please delete him, so i can connect again!

Best Regards
Shepard

Edited by Shepard_Fury

8 minutes ago, Groot_DE said:

no i ment dont complain just report it, they will fix it but probably now they need to get everything up and running again

This is a bug reporting thread, why are you trolling it, please stop posting here telling people to deal with a bug.

This problem is huge, It's actually the biggest bug in the game right now.  

and #MeToo

I have the same issue, please either fix of delete my character.   Also would it be fair to ask for a wipe so that all these people start with a fair playing field?

please fix or delete. EU PVP. Same Bug as everyone else.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025836288/

FYI for developers if they see this...Immediate error when selecting PVP server "Host Connection Timeout"..I know that's a common error but the difference is t he error disappears and the game attempts to load. Frames are 1FPS and computer lags. When I connect to PVE there are FPS & no computer lag and that error does not pop up immediately before loading screen.

Edited by Chauthyr

1 minute ago, Martina said:

some admin can say something? 

I agree even acknowledgement that this is happening and a fix is rolling out would be nice this seems to be one of the things stopping actual dedicated players

Jat has been keeping people regularly updated, but it's worth watching his Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Jatheish

Cpt Jat Sparrow @Jatheish

I know a lot of you are having an issue where you're unable to join servers, that's part of what we're investigating right now. Sorry if I cannot get back to every tweet/DM -- there's a lot going on atm, but will try to release generalised msgs applicable to all

• Thanks 1

I think it will be tomorrow, they are busy on the server, I hope they will react quickly, given the number of people who have the same problem. Good night

I don't think they are going to be wiping any characters, they are currently really busy testing and debugging the issues we are currently getting, be patient and I'm sure the servers will be up in no time.

Also, i tried the hotspot on my phone which is a server out of GA and not NC...still doesn't work so it's not geographic related. Well...at least the chances are slim.

3 minutes ago, TheNeco said:

I don't think they are going to be wiping any characters, they are currently really busy testing and debugging the issues we are currently getting, be patient and I'm sure the servers will be up in no time.

It's not a server issue our character are broken and need deleted due to getting stuck in limbo - very similar to transferring arks except we can't create a new character....

Here is the thing

If your character's "Home Server" is one of the many slot capped starting zones, no matter what you do, you won't be able to login. No matter what square you select, it will try to log you in to that slot capped server, and unless you're super lucky, or you join right after a server DC, you will just get timed out.

Now, they opened all these extra starting zones. Half of them are in Ice, and don't spawn any fiber. So you can't even build a raft to get off the island. Some of the new starting zones spawn you in the middle of the freezing ocean with sharks. 

The few that do spawn fiber or stuff you need to make rafts, are all also slot capped.

You can change your home server to the non slot capped servers no problem (the ones that are all Ice and unlivable). Usually, if you try to change your home server to a slot capped server, it won't let you. If you're actually able to change it, say after a server dc or w/e, you might get disconnected halfway through the process and get stuck there.

The only hope you have, is somehow logging into a starter zone with fiber, get a raft, and get to a non starter zone. Put a bed down, and protect it at all costs.

Pretty fucking weak launch for an EA game if you ask me... unplayable. 

yes, but in how long ??? some hours, day, weeks? then we are there to solve the problems and make sure that the game is better and better, they should not neglect this.

I know they are super busy, but they do not forget us either

We all want to play this game, and watching friends play and not being able to participate is frustrating anyway

I wish them bravery  for all these problems and I hope that they will solve this problem as soon as possible so that other players do not have the problem