Sign in to follow this  
DoogenAC

Bow Durability effect/numbers needs relaxing.

Will there be a method for private server holders to change the durability on individual items like bows.  In particular this item's getting durability working recently is a particular grievance with my game server community.  I think I may be speaking for thousands here - going from no durability rules in effect to "40 shots and it's broken" is a noticeable change in game mechanic.  On one hand we like the push towards guns, on the other, this is a complex undertaking.  80 or 100, maybe 120 shot use seems a bit more appropriate in my opinion.

I also like the idea of working on multiple materials and seeking out green and blue bow craft recipes, making the durability on these noticeably improved would also be a nice middle ground. 

We are not seeing this particular change in the game's business rules as one that makes sense, bows simply break too fast. 

We don't want to play "eat food and drink" constantly, and we don't want to have to repair our bows after *every other* fight.

Or simply give me, as a server admin, the ability to affect the durability stats of crafted items. I realize that's not a typical configuration item in the GUS or game ini files, AND I do agree with the design decision to make upgrades *hard to attain* and minimal in effect. Many of us may agree that the upgrade table mods that followed ARK were simply OP.  Fun for a while but really making 3k armor and hundreds-of-durability class armor and weapons didn't really make sense unless you cranked difficulty up to 3-6 times default. Even then it seemed imbalanced. 

I for one would appreciate a minor tweak in plain wood bow durability.

thanks!

Doog

THey completely shafted bow users, they're trying to streamline everyone into using only Guns I think because they're nerfing the shit out of Tamed creatures too. Basically, whatever the Streamers want, they'll get via a patch, while all the rest of us that actually pay for the game and support it, versus bossing a bunch of people around and doing none of the work.

They shafted bow users (myself included) because some jackass was non stop shooting fire arrows at long distances and killing groups. This was the fastest "fix" they implemented. It sucks, and I hate the bastards who were exploiting bows because bows suck now. 

But what benefit would they get by "streamlining everyone into using only guns"?

I would love some options to the bow...

a crossbow.

metal arrows.

What is worse, is there is a bug with the bow that can break it even faster than shooting 40 arrows.

Sometimes the animation for shooting gets stuck in a loop. This wouldn't be so bad if it was just visual, but each loop of the animation uses one durability. So you can shoot just a few times, have it get stuck in the shooting animation and then the bow breaks.

So essentially, they didn't just add using durability, they added a bug that makes the bow break even sooner also.

I made a suggestion to change 1 dura to 0.4 dura which will be 100 shots per bow.

apparently I have to be a big streamer with 5 devs watching my stream while crying to make changes to the game.

5 hours ago, Aviate said:

THey completely shafted bow users, they're trying to streamline everyone into using only Guns I think because they're nerfing the shit out of Tamed creatures too. Basically, whatever the Streamers want, they'll get via a patch, while all the rest of us that actually pay for the game and support it, versus bossing a bunch of people around and doing none of the work.

Honestly Bow and tame being stronger than guns, just don't make any sense. But the problem is just more subtle than what make sense and what some might want.

They actually need to make guns good to begin with. When i need 2 gun shot to kill an animal, well it's just make even less sense, especially the flintlock, those guns used to make so much damage they would make a hole bigger than an arm. Also they could have put multi barrel flintlock rather than forcing us to run with 4+ on us because those were quiet common back then... Also for the record those flintlock where so deadly that usually the best outcome was an amputation, so they could definitely use that since the game already use that mechanism (broken limb) even on mobs.

Also i don't like how they nerfed bows, the repair in mid fight literally stun you and just make no sense at all, imo the best way to do it would be to boost run speed of flintlock reload just a slightly bit, put super short timer on equip for them but keep the bow high since you have to nock an arrow, and reducing run speed while aiming a bow, put a serious stamina drain on it too. Someone that have a bit of experience in archery will tell you,  aiming for a long time is not a good option for any bow made before the 20 century, a good archer will let go the arrow asap, it's actually the best way to learn archery properly. Personally i would get rid of having to repair bow in mid fight, it's just stupid.

But the real problem here is the desynch and lag, that's why bow will always be better.

Edited by ExplodingYeti