Sign in to follow this  
Bolognapwny

Pirates need something to Pirate

There are a TON of game breaking issues right now, but I am hoping they are there specifically for data gathering.

Something that is needed though is... Pirates need something to pirate.... otherwise you need to rethink the concept here... 

• Like 1

Alot said here i  such little words

48 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

There are a TON of game breaking issues right now, but I am hoping they are there specifically for data gathering.

Something that is needed though is... Pirates need something to pirate.... otherwise you need to rethink the concept here... 

Alot was just said here with little words. 

well im sure it is planned to add npc trader ships, npc pirate ships and npc marine ships and also reduce the amount and change the ships of the damned into real ship. different regions having different amounts...

everything else wouldnt make sense.

I fully agree. there has to be something else.... i get it...pvp is having all the fun with constent battles.  but pve needs something to do other then rebuilding ships building homes. finding mats.  we need pirates to fight towns to burn and loot

5 hours ago, Armatron said:

i get it...pvp is having all the fun with constent battles. 

you mean with constant offline raiding/shipdestroying and mega companies not touching eachother and destroying every solo/small company

both servers (PvE and PvP) need something to fight for...Big NPC factions (and the posibility to join em) could solve some problems in both pvp and pve... just my opinion anyway

Edited by Adristor
typo

The game is more about being an explorer and less about being a pirate. They just used the pirate tag to lure people in.

Considering the era they chose, they've done a shit job representing it. The npc "trade" ships are a joke and the freeports aren't ports.

This idea the OP brought up could be fixed by:
> Towns buy/sell goods for gold or lesser forms of currency ( such as silver and copper ) as well as specialized goods for sale.
 > Incentive to trade for players opens up. NPC traders then have destinations, routes. Economies need to be fleshed out as well.
  > This all then creates an incentive for pirates to pirate. Money and/or goods are on the vessels. Pirates can engage both NPC and players if they choose.

> Discoveries need to be more in depth. Resources, animals, flora, etc should all be fleshed out and made somewhat unique. This world is huge with 80% of it the same things reused.
 > Special areas mean players have focal points for special materials and such.
  > Areas like this give players an incentive to defend / pirate those locations.

> Towns need to exist in this game. Economies need to exist in this game. Think EvE, players were given stations and economies to play around with and created empires around it.

I could go on about it. The idea of ATLAS is there but the execution so far has been, for lack of better words, lackluster.
" ....we’re fully dedicated to ensuring that ATLAS gets one step closer to becoming one of the most ambitious online worlds of all time and fulfilling its destiny as the ultimate fantasy pirate adventure!"

So far they've dedicated to ensuring that ATLAS becomes the college textbook definition of how not to design an MMO and treat it's playerbase. At 70% mostly negative reviews on Steam, it's going to be a grind to right this otherwise sinking ship.

Well, you can pirate Damned Ships. But yeah, I'd rather fight normal ships, we could use some normal NPC civilian ships to fight and possibly commandeer.  

48 minutes ago, Adristor said:

you mean with constant offline raiding/shipdestroying and mega companies not touching eachother and destroying every solo/small comapny

both servers (PvE and PvP) need something to fight for...Big NPC factions (and the posibility to join em) could solve some problems in both pvp and pve... just my opinion anyway

NPC factions that players could join would indeed solve a lot of problems. In PVE it'd give us something to fight against (the other factions) and in PVP it'd give small companies a way to band together to fight the larger ones. Honestly, this game feels like it was built for factions.... why there aren't any is beyond me. 

• Like 2

There will be SoTD, trading ships, the royal navy for PvE and for PvP ofcourse there are the fights between the different companies.

Maybe you should get a gold reward or resource reward if you board an enemy ship instead of just sinking it. 

30 minutes ago, Percieval said:

There will be SoTD, trading ships, the royal navy for PvE and for PvP ofcourse there are the fights between the different companies.

Maybe you should get a gold reward or resource reward if you board an enemy ship instead of just sinking it. 

Where do you know the info based on this about royal navy?

31 minutes ago, KingLlama said:

Where do you know the info based on this about royal navy?

From all the screenshots and trailers, they were frequently there.