Sign in to follow this  
HankMoody

Zone change cooldown

Had a fight with a sloop this weekend. Our brig was able to gain on him. While a few of his tactics were top notch for out monevering our brig, his main tactic was to ride the zonewall, and zone right as we lined up on either gun side. Then due to the way the zoning works, I would spawn in and the sloop would be behind us. He was already turning around and able to zone right back. 

While yes this is absolutely a viable tactic, I feel it is absolutely cheese and shouldn't be a thing.

I suggest a cooldown for zoning. If you've taken damage after x number of seconds from a player, you should not be allowed to enter a zone you just left after y number of seconds. I think this cooldown should be removed if you sank the ship you've taken damage from as well.  

To end my narrative, the sloop did end up out maneuvering us in a non-cheese way. They dropped a player off, he climbed the side and shot the driver. This confusion gave the sloop enough time redirect and lose us. Well done sloop. Well done.