Sign in to follow this  
sora

Ships being sunk/griefed by weight.

This has to be fixed.  There's nothing you can do to stop players from over weighting your ships and erasing your progress.  I just woke up to all my boats sunk and watched the guy leave a shitty message on my flag and leave.  I don't understand why this hasn't been acknowledged by devs or fixed yet.  Your boats just should not take damage from weight while they are anchored because it is the biggest tool people are using to grief right now and several companies have started quitting the game because the same group of chinese players wipe every boat on our island every night.

Do something about it about it or at least let the players know a fix is coming soon/eventually.  I'm done playing until then.

I agree that people should not be able to sink other players ships in PvE.  However, they need to provide a way to deal with raft blockage. 

We have a rather immature group that keep blocking our ships on with rafts or spamming our port with rafts and leaving them anchored there.  How am I meant to remove them without intentionally sinking them? 

In Ark if one boat was stationary the moving one would just pass through. This is PvE so there's no reason you shouldn't be able to phase through a stationary raft.

1 hour ago, MindOfMadness said:

In Ark if one boat was stationary the moving one would just pass through. This is PvE so there's no reason you shouldn't be able to phase through a stationary raft.

then leave your boat phased through so they cant get on and move it anyway  😕

then they head for your boat fast as they can jump off at last second so that it floas through your boat they then leave it there 

1 minute ago, UDO said:

then leave your boat phased through so they cant get on and move it anyway  😕

then they head for your boat fast as they can jump off at last second so that it floas through your boat they then leave it there 

How would that matter? You would still just pass through it when you were moving and their raft is not.

The bigger issue comes from spawning on a bed you have phased into their boat.

That was one of the problems with Ark....  Until they made it so you couldn't spawn to a bed that was blocked by anything, like another raft.

Lost a ship this morning. It was parked by our shipyard. Someone decided they didn't like it for whatever reason.. and poof, all that work gone. I agree, please do something to stop the sinking of ships on pve, and something to help those that get blocked in. It's getting old, quickly!

Just now, MindOfMadness said:

How would that matter? You would still just pass through it when you were moving and their raft is not.

logged out so u cant move the boat u cant interact with their body either ,to remove them so you would have option but to resort to their tactics and sink it by using weight 

why cant they just have it so boat cannot be sunk by overweight , but cannot move if over weight, isnt that an easy fix to stop player overloading their boats

I mean in Ark if your raft was over weight it just didnt move, same with dino's been suggested that they change it to this idk why they did not do this in the first place, still forces you to take limited supplies.

Just now, UDO said:

logged out so u cant move the boat u cant interact with their body either ,to remove them so you would have option but to resort to their tactics and sink it by using weight 

why cant they just have it so boat cannot be sunk by overweight , but cannot move if over weight, isnt that an easy fix to stop player overloading their boats

It is but the guy above thinks people will just park a bunch of rafts in front of other people's boats trapping them.

Should be able to push rafts out of the way without causing damage if that's the case.

Some encouragement, reading atlas steam forums. A developer has responded saying they are looking into this. Look for posts on the forum from Jesse Rapczak. Just accidentally found he is responding there on some issues 

1 minute ago, Caps said:

Some encouragement, reading atlas steam forums. A developer has responded saying they are looking into this. Look for posts on the forum from Jesse Rapczak. Just accidentally found he is responding there on some issues 

Good find! Hopefully they are going to do something very soon about it!

As for the boat blocking people suggested something for that to, allow the boat to have a claim timer perhaps have a mini flag for around ships yards to detect ships from another company in the way, this way don't get punished for going ashore on a entire claimed island, only for blocking docks.

5 minutes ago, Maar said:

Good find! Hopefully they are going to do something very soon about it!

Go search steam atlas forums lookup posting history. Lots of information from him. The forum tag says developer. Just found this yesterday. 

2070FEBF-B9B4-4889-8D35-4EC5F23D4A5E.png

Edited by Caps
He was addressing the overloading of ships

Alot of tribes are doing everything they can now a lot are mad when you say they cant have land. Our islands are over crowded so now is when the major griefers come in. Some of these changes take time but some of these changes need to be done asap, watched a whole tribe lose 8 of there ships people were kiting in ghost ships onto them at the docks and others were taking there ships and then kiting certain pets onto the docks then onto the boats. This and the cheating for locked doors and craft tables and preservation bins need to be addressed. This wrecking the bds and everything is the same issue we had in ark when it first started cant it be fixed the same way? and for everyone who has lost all there ships. I know rollbacks are out of the question but if it its not encouraged then it needs to be stated on the rules . Kiting ships using speed hacks glitching through walls etc 2 days 16 players have quit not because of bugs but because everything they own was taken and ships were kited.  Any chance in future water palisades and land palisades and locks on craft benchs and a lockable preserve ration bin  no use playing when you cant save matts or keep your ship safe. Or grab the crops and save for a good tame. Good game alot of potential but alot of lets break the rules attitude.

I guess I don't understand the pleasure derived from sinking (non blocking) ships. We don't have land. We are in a lawless zone, and just trying to keep things going. To just come by and sink ships seems strange to me.

I don't have an Ark background, so I don't know why some kind of system that was used in Ark was not applied to this game. However, I'm guessing they must have a reason for not including it in the game; knowing the same prior issues were in Ark to some degree.