Sign in to follow this  
Hari

Alpha spawn reduction

It just seems like way too many spawn at any given time and its frequent that you will see two or more alphas fighting each other.  The balance doesn't seem quite right as well since they can shred just about any person or tame in a few bites. Yes, these are suppose to be for higher tier players but if they're constantly roaming around and mowing down everything in the area until said players arrive it will just make the experience rather un-enjoyable then it needs to be. 

Personally, I felt like I just waited about a few hours of my time playing this game after taming an elephant with wheat grass and going through countless amounts of bolas just for it to end up as alpha tiger chow because it could not out run it when I finally seen the glow. On Ark  the alpha fights were tough but they were never so one sided you could never go out without worrying if you were tossing the tame into the meat grinder for simple material gathering.

• Like 3

I second this or simply remove them we just had an alpha wolf destroy our small building since it hyper focuses on that and kill our company over and over it reduces the fun and they have no use atm other than experience bags off meat when you finally manage to kill one the ai is also wonky and unpredictable i had one run away from me and all the way across an island just to eat the same crew mate it initially killed. 

I loved ark i want to love this game too but constantly having to retame creatures and hide on a rock or cliff to avoid alphas is killing the fun off it, we also role play and having a glowing evil creature murder everything is rather immersion breaking.

would love to see tamed creatures actually able to fight alphas, but mostly they have to be trained a lot and you have to have a specific combo with the right stat roll and since you cannot breed the strong predators and fighters yet an alpha quite quickly disposes off your entire stable.

• Like 1

As of now the Alphas have no point other than an experience boost IF you can manage to kill them. They are far too numerous and OP. They need to either be removed completely, or made SUPER rare and nerf them hard. As it is it makes it very hard to get a start with OP alpha animals showing up and chewing up your tames and buildings as soon as you get them. And making a tame nerf on top of that will make things even harder.

I want to like this game, but I'm having a hard time of it.

• Like 1

Agreed. I think they should be a gateway to the islands which spawn the mystical creatures, rewarding clever play and teamwork for killing them.

Perhaps set spawns in lawless regions, in lairs that do not permit building, protected by higher level animals of the same type. Give them some kind of unique resource which can be obtained from skinning the body.

I'm flabbergasted by the decision to lower tame hp and damage when a level 1-4 non-alpha wolf can kill something 10 times its level, let alone an alpha on a newbie beach that's never lower than 5 times the max wild and frequently 8-10 times the max wild (and I've noticed a distinct bias towards low levels in all species).

Adding alphas at something ridiculous like 1% or 5% of wild spawns just makes beaches a slaughterfest. My crewmate officially stopped playing today when his Schooner was pushed onto a sandbar and destroyed when attacked by multiple non-alpha crocs. I agree with him. Why bother playing if all your stuff is just going to go up in smoke so easily?

I've moved to a quiet, private 2x2 server with only about 30 29 active players. Without the griefing and toxicity it's been a much more pleasant experience but multiple deaths is seconds to low level non-alpha wolves and lions, despite wearing full plate armor is going to result in my server dropping to 28 pretty soon.

Regular mobs are ridiculously OP, let alone alphas. They're just absurd.

Completely agree. There are far too many alphas at the moment. Alphas should be a rare thing that gives a feeling of excitement/fear when finding one, not annoyance and dread. 

I would like them removed from the game entirely, without help from OP dino tames in ark, they just do not feel  like they belong. Or just enable them on power stone islands, that's whatever, but please for the love of god, let me farm on my island with a chance of fighting back.

I just tamed my 2nd Rhino because my first one died to 2 regular wolves yesterday, and the only thing i fear is running into a Alpha wolf / lion that i do not notice in time and the possibility of not having enough stam to get away / behind my gate fast enough as fighting them is not an option.

I accidentally tagged a vulture lastnight while i was on my level 70 wolf, and a nearby lvl 235 alpha vulture was like HECK NO!  and i had to run for my life. That little bugger did 30 DAMAGE A HIT! and if course they hit the rider not the tame, this was with plate armor on! If it managed to kill me, my tame would of been easily killed before i could get back. That is terrifying, who is having fun with these things in the game? certainly not me.  They are fixing how it stayed aggro'd to me for what felt like an eternity which is good, but still.. ugh

Personally I haven't had issues with alphas,  I can kite them and kill them with my bow. Granted it takes a lot of arrows but I get it done.  what I would like to see changed is having alphas (or any aggressive creature)  spawn with in 100 meters of a player.  I'm tired of having them spawn right under my feet and killing me and or my mount.  this gets really annoying.

On top of cutting down their spawns, balance out their freaking levels. Max level for tames is 30 it seems and max level for alphas is 300. That's a freaking big boost and thus far I'm on our 7th trip to re-tame all our beasts because an alpha snake spawned inside our enclosed animal pen. With 2 more biting through the walls.

Note we couldn't finish concerting to stone thanks to the stupid changes to stone tier making us have to sail out for metal and sap. So our wood stuff is just being eaten through. 

Since their recent nerfs to alphas I have had no problems with Alphas anymore. Cobras were one of the worst and I chew through them really fast on bear with no problems keeping the tame alive. Spawn rates being reduced was slightly noticeable but I still find plenty every day.