Sign in to follow this  
bluelance

Massive Data Usage?

Has anyone else noticed that their game seems to use up an intense amount of bandwidth compared to any other multiplayer game? At the rate it is going It will reach 100gb before the end of the month. Is this why I have been lagging on Discord etc as well when my game stutters my internet seems to shit itself. Anyome else had this issue?

I've been lagging in discord so much lately as well, yet I have 300 mb/s up and down with 1ms ping. I wonder if atlas is causing it.

Eish my internet is not that good, but any time i drop frames in atlas, i can see the ping on discord go to red. And it is almost always in sync, sometimes discord does jht go red to make me sound like an idiot during an important comeback speech XD. But seriously it does seem to eat my bandwidth

My super internet (2 Mbs -.-), and i had no problem with it, apart from the time i need to download stuff 😕

*Has Google Fiber and thus finds the complaints of internet peasants beneath him.*

*runs before the peasants catch up with their pitchforks.*

kidding aside haven't noticed it but so far I'm not running discord as my one partner dislikes voice chat. That will change as we add a few folks over time I imagine, but yeah my internet is strong enough that I probably wouldn't notice, but that one partner does report crippling lag at times.

This is def a thing... I don't think they fully understand how to piece these servers together... but when my company was rubber banding in home grid and I was 5 grids away I would get the same rubberband.... They def have some weird network stuff going on.

Whats worse is that my 16 core AWS EC2 with 128gb of ram first charges came in. Running a 5x5 @50. Atlas is a bandwidth and packet hog. I don't know how the private server hosting companies are even turning a profit at this point.