Ence

PvP and PvE on one Server

So i try it with my bad English sorry for that.

Why we haven t a official PvE / PvP Server. I mean u have the Option Cluster by Cluster. So an idea. A official PvP PvE Server with PvP Cluster. The PvP Cluster have Higher Ressurce outcome and taming speed mybe only there is a Gem spawn or rare Material.

So u can travel on it with high risk high reward. Can Build on Safe Cluster with less Ressurce outcome. That  would be give the Game a right sweed spot to play and have fun.

U cant be Raid offline one PVE Cluster but if u want u can build and siege on PVP Zones.

PS. I hope they dont Patch that all ressurce is on each map side. That Gems most be west and wheat grass is ostside is so great for shipping and Traiding. More about it.

PPS Make Medicine more Powerfull or combine it with cooking (Vitamin Pills etc)

Fair Winds!

• Like 1

A server with some sort of TEF system like SWG would be good.  Making PvP a choice, but one with benefits (rare/better resources, trade routes etc). A trader could avoid PvP by taking the safe but lengthy trade route or employ the services of a mercenary contract to protect the ship.

That and a small tribe + small alliances, 10-20 max per tribe + max 3 tribes in any allaince or something.

Edited by Not Happy

When you press "esc" while in a grid you can see the possible modifications so I easily can see that being modded in. Certain grids can have multiple settings changed. Including PVE/PVP, hardcore mode, etc..

Personally I would love a mixed PVE/P system with selected grids having PVP enabled. There is really alot of things the devs could make PVP grids interesting to compete for, but with obvious limitations needed. Such as smaller companies to prevent zerging the grids and crashing the servers.

Edited by Loni

Your suggestion is perfect, this is how other games manage PVP, examples are EVE, Empyrion or Pirates of the Burning Sea.

Habor = safe for base and ship building

Islands outside = bad evil PVP places full of rare ressources

At the moment on the PVP server you have the choice either to be a chinese hive working bee or a naked freeport tree hugger.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ence said:

So i try it with my bad English sorry for that.

Why we haven t a official PvE / PvP Server. I mean u have the Option Cluster by Cluster. So an idea. A official PvP PvE Server with PvP Cluster. The PvP Cluster have Higher Ressurce outcome and taming speed mybe only there is a Gem spawn or rare Material.

So u can travel on it with high risk high reward. Can Build on Safe Cluster with less Ressurce outcome. That  would be give the Game a right sweed spot to play and have fun.

U cant be Raid offline one PVE Cluster but if u want u can build and siege on PVP Zones.

PS. I hope they dont Patch that all ressurce is on each map side. That Gems most be west and wheat grass is ostside is so great for shipping and Traiding. More about it.

PPS Make Medicine more Powerfull or combine it with cooking (Vitamin Pills etc)

Fair Winds!

This is the way a proper MMORPG should be set up.  But these developers are not capable of properly balancing a game for all play styles, and any attempt they might make at this would just be another disaster and another set of servers they would have to keep running as there player base dwindles into nothing-ness...

Like its not that hard... Just recreate what Eve online did... Highsec you have random factions that protect you from PVP... yes PVP can happen but there are consequences to it. Nullsec... Better resources, blueprints, etc and its PVP heaven... this splitting the servers was the dumbest thing ever. Ohh and I forgot my favorite... Wardecs 🙂

Edited by Duffs

Hi all,

just opened a topic on this.. topic (hehe) as I had the exact same idea a few days ago.

https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/forums/topic/25737-private-server-pvp-pve-interest-gathering/

TLDR: pvt server with PVP regions for war + PVE for home bases.

Mixed PvEvP server where some regions are PvE while others are specific PvP war zones would be pretty awesome. I'm sure we'll see this in private servers a lot but it'd be nice to have something like this on official. 

I would be very happy if Grapeshot would consider that setup. The beloved Wildcard megatribes & streamers could still build in the PVP area and feel cool and strong (in their typical mass over class behavior), but solo players/small-medium groups/people with a life-family-friends/casuals/new players learning the game would have a safe haven to build and venture into the big bad PVP area without freeport tree punching after each wipe.

You do realize that the only difference right now is that you cant kill another player face to face other then that this is pve/pvp and also why alot of people are quitting. You have people kitting animals and ghost ships attacking people in pve, using third party software to rob locked houses and crafting machines. Kiting animals at you as you wait for your flag to claim or in the oceans raming your boats till till you die and you lose your cargo. Some people just like pve, playing the game at the pace they want discover the whole map do what they want and not worry. Have seen a lot of players quit this week good players who agree the game has huge potential when the flaws are ironed out. You do have a good idea and maybe they will implement that but like i said some enjoy pve and building and taming and breeding and thats why they bought the game. We all have differnt reasons why.