psykikk

They don´t care: The "updated Patchnotes" clearly show it

4 minutes ago, Herasea said:

20+ patches and doing so while over the holidays.

Think to say they don't care is down too players being impatient, they want it working now. 

This stuff takes time and like i said they have been patching none stop, so just wait and chill, it's not like we have had no patches.

This game is officially releasing in 2 years, if you're not happy, wait till then.

Find it strange when people say they need to fix it ASAP or the devs don't care when they are actively patching

I agree and applaud the devs for their effort. I really do. Its not that I dont see the speed in which they push out updates. 
its what the updates adress and fix and how they try to fix, update and change things that I question. 

and of course they are still working during the holidays. they had one of the worst releases of an EA title of the last years. what should they do instead ? do nothing and stop EA ?
they put themselves into a real pickle here. 

Nowadays EA - for most customers - means "can play now". Not "can test some stuff and play in 2 years.

We are all not professional testers.
Each of you guys in this thread: how many bug reports and official suggestion threads have sou started =?
if you dont do this in an EA title everytime somehting glitchy, mess, whatever is happening, and the developers dont even have a funcitoning bug and dev tracker, real testing is not even possible. 
wheres the bug and dev tracker ? the "upcoming features list" ? 
we dont have the slightest clue if something is a bug or an intended feature because we never hear back from any of our feedback. all we see is patchnotes coming in. 

I'm not sure if they will allow claims on lawless regions, or more precisely it would be fatal to a lot of players if they would allow this. Due to the land being already claimed there are a lot of people in lawless regions in order to at least have something they can build on. On H7 alone are often 50 players online. If they allow claiming in these areas it would mean the first few to log in would get everything and all the rest of the people would log in with their stuff gone.

As far as I understand Patch 10.0 it just says that you can't spawn on lawless regions again without a bed on a boat. But it will not turn them to normal regions. I hope I'm right with this, because everything else would be madness.

10 minutes ago, Elrood said:

As a part of IT industry i can tell you that - project management in this industry has no idea what it is doing in general. They are fiddling in dark looking at what works and what is not working. Mostly the second. 

Edit: about fine tunning - actually both sys-admins, network guys and programmers should be involved. Admins can do a lot, you are completely right, but programmers also need to optimize code - and this is usually empiric based - so they see what is bottle-necking and fix it, see what is the next bottleneck and so on. 

you guys need better PM then. 
I´ve had the benefits of working with very good ones. 
sad thing is: only because someone has Project manager on his business card does not make him /her a project manager. 

and yeah of course they should work together on problems if need be.. I also never said they shouldnt. 

well, I giess from the reactions in this thread its basically: 

all we can do is wait for themto fuck it up anyways. but thats totally fine, as it is EA anyways. so we are not allowed to voice and critique. ever.
its all EA and therefore all will be fixed. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Elrood said:

Add 1. I actually expanded my claims two days ago... So yeah, its possible. I know I will be opening some land after the patch. If players will be able to build even temporary base they will have much bigger chance to find their own claims - mostly because by living on the island i'm aware on which territory to look when i want to expand/claim. its kind of visible who stopped playing. 

So many players are reporting buggy claims, where people are able to steal them while they are actually still active on them.  I don't want to be the person that does that, so I haven't been even trying to get a claim right now.  If they ever get the bugs out of the claims, then yeah, renting some land and watching the area for lapsed claims might be an idea, although I figure the ones next to that lapsed claim would already have their eye on it.  They really need to limit the number of claims per person/company for pve.

They've got a big decision to make about pvp/pve at some point.  Some of the mechanics they seem to really want for pvp don't work at all for pve.  SO are they going to try to keep them the same or let them diverge?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

11 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

They've got a big decision to make about pvp/pve at some point.  Some of the mechanics they seem to really want for pvp don't work at all for pve.  SO are they going to try to keep them the same or let them diverge?

this exactly. I dont htink they really have a clue what PVE actually means. Much like they dontknow what actual PVP means. 
Ark developd into a meta were "Offline Raiding" is considered PVP. 

I fear that the only livable and playable game of Atlas will be on unofficial servers with a dhitton of mods that rectify the stuff the original developers just dont seem to be able to figure out. 
I might be wrong and hopefully I am because this game ina world with 40k players that play a real virtual world would be amazing. but I fear this will just never happen. 

this game is perfect for RP, it could be awesome for PVE. but both concepts are just not up the devs alley I fear

15 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

So many players are reporting buggy claims, where people are able to steal them while they are actually still active on them.  I don't want to be the person that does that, so I haven't been even trying to get a claim right now.  If they ever get the bugs out of the claims, then yeah, renting some land and watching the area for lapsed claims might be an idea, although I figure the ones next to that lapsed claim would already have their eye on it.  They really need to limit the number of claims per person/company for pve.

They've got a big decision to make about pvp/pve at some point.  Some of the mechanics they seem to really want for pvp don't work at all for pve.  SO are they going to try to keep them the same or let them diverge?

Well, yeah, I can understand your point of view - I hope i claimed fair and square (minus the guy who glitched in and put half of his claim in main - this one i removed asap) - yet tone of people are saying "its not possible" while imho it certainly is possible cause i did it successfully. You won't get prime spots this way - those are guarded, but you can get a spot. This way i started actually 🙂 . 

Well, yeah, they need to split mechanics between pve and pvp for both to work well... And i'm really curious if they will go this route. 

3 minutes ago, psykikk said:

I fear that the only livable and playable game of Atlas will be on unofficial servers with a dhitton of mods that rectify the stuff the original developers just dont seem to be able to figure out. 
I might be wrong and hopefully I am because this game ina world with 40k players that play a real virtual world would be amazing. but I fear this will just never happen. 

I have a friend who really went all out on private servers for some other games.  We designed all kinds of really deep mechanics for them -  town and city structures with politics, and economics, religions, craftsman guilds, a traderoute system.  The guy's a crack systems/network guy..has a whole server farm in his house.  He's not doing anything right now for 2 reasons, I think -  first, he couldn't get reliable coders even with offering pay at market rates, and second, the game companies don't allow anyone to monetize anything off the private servers, even if someone is paying a shitton of money to develop the game and provide infrastructure for it, and then they want to use all the stuff you paid to develop for free and collect money from it.

It's too bad.  There was a decent-sized dedicated group of players there for years on some of the games.