Sign in to follow this  
Alrex

rafts fit into the side of shipyards too perfectly [Solved]

i love the +30% movement bonus added in the last patch with low wind, but now i can't make that turn out of the shipyard like i used to

20190106213452_1.jpg

Edited by Alrex

With my sloop can I simply close all sails and then will I move slowely backward when I press s for a while. Haven't tested this in a raft thought.

Edited by kolpo

need to be if you do not have sails above 30% it works as it did before otherwise the beaches will be littered with stuck rafts.    It was vrery useful to slowly pivot your raft to sail out of a dock or rock.

After sailed so many hours that same thing happened to me, tryed like 1 hour to take the raft from there, no way to take it out, had to destroy it and start in freeport again, ....

i have had to demolish 2 rafts because of this since the recent wind changes 

unable to turn raft fast enough have now gotten into the habit of parking side on 

so, to get out of this, i loaded the boat up to 100% weight and that slowed the boat down enough to rotate if someone else gets stuck

• Thanks 1

You can also open the sails to 10 or 20% and keep clicking the rotation degrees to make sure it constantly stays red, forcing it to turn. In my experience, that is slow enough to where the raft is clipping but not taking damage, and as long as you keep clicking to keep it in the red as it turns, it wont catch the wind and hit the wall again.