Sign in to follow this  
Rising

Limit Claim Flags per Company in same Region.

I really enjoyed the game and I'm here to give my suggestion to improve the experience of all players, especially people who play alone or in small Comapany. I already have +200 game and I can not find a live area to claim an area for me. I'm tired of every island (in Lawless region) that I go it is already dominated by a single company. I have visited all the islands of O, A and N is always dominated and it is not possible to "steal" any area.

My suggest the following changes to PVE ONLY:

- Limit the number of flags of members of the same company to only 1 per Region. (Eg If I have a flag with an claimed area on any of the islands in A2 I can only claim another area in another region eg A3)

- If an company owner or some of his crew members do not visit his area within a certain time period the area can be dominated by anyone else and the former owner can be notified (via HUD) to be able to retrieve your items / animals / ships within 6 hours for example, and objects after that period are allowed to be demolished or claimed by the new owner of the area.

Note: I found this topic below and it seems a good solution too if it were to be linked with my idea somehow.

Edited by Rising
  • Like 1

I disagree, but the benefit of taxes should motivate larger companies to allow you to build on a neutral claim flag in their territory.

Just to add Claim flags should be limited to only one per player on PVE, but no limit on PVP.

@Rofelo Yes but a is only to PVE Servers, But I must be forced to pay "fees" to be able to play and build on certain islands for me it seems cool only if you are in a giant company. In other words, whoever buys the game when it launches officially will be permanently harmed

Another problem is the monopolization of treasures by some companies, an example is that players are creating foundations in places with treasures that make it impossible for people to catch them destroying all the economy and progress of the game for new players. Islands with treasures should be impossible to construct.

20190107111640_1.jpg

Thank you for mentioning my suggestion 🙂

The entire tax system should not be a part of PvE.

The tax system works on PvP, because the tax payer gets something in return: safety. Living on the land of a mega tribe certainly gives you protection to some extent, as others do not necessarily want to mess with them and risk getting wiped. This does not apply on PvE. On PvE servers I have seen many many claims with 30% tax rates. This could be considered if there was something you'd get in return. But who in their right state of mind would give away 30% of their resources for absolutely nothing. Not just that, but they would be living on someone else's ground, which would make them 100% dependant on the actions of the land owner. For PvE this is not a healthy long-term solution. Also, if one company quits, and an entire island is free to claim, the first to get there would not hesitate to claim as much as he possibly can. 

I thought long about restricting the flags; for players, for companies, per server. I kept asking myself What would this mean to small companies, big companies, solo players and the community overall. The biggest issue would be the big companies lacking space. I don't see why any average tribe (5-10 ppl) would need more than just 2-3 claims to build a house, farm, shipyard and tame pen if they are placed well, but I can see that being an issue with the bigger companies.

The current system is about as bad as it can be. There is nothing to encourage people to own less land, and there is not benefit in this. Obviously, this has led to griefing, people claiming as much as they possible can. We are talking about entire islands, which of they build on just a few %. There must be something to motivate and encourage companies not to go crazy with the claiming flags. What it would be is up for discussion, but I'm glad different solutions are presented, and I hope to see a change to this very soon.

I would like to see the function of restricting flags at least for unofficial servers.