Sign in to follow this  
Angrywaterfowl

World First Shieldhorn Tame on Official? Atlas Shrugged - NA - Official PVE - The Hydra's Den

We thought we'd share this with everyone on the forums before we get around to updating the information on the Taming Wiki page. Currently, the Wiki says it's not tameable, but Atlas Shrugged has proven that it is in fact tameable!

This took some group coordination and quite a while to tame! After hitting a couple "learning hurdles", if you will, the team persevered and managed to complete the tame. I couldn't be more proud of the Atlas Shrugged crew on NA - PVE - The Hydra's Den server.

We were really hoping it was a thatch farming beast, since there is not an effective thatch farming animal as far as we're aware. Unfortunately, it seems to be proficient in combat, but nothing in terms of farming resources. We had one company member report that it reflected a shot fired at its face right back at the person who fired the bullet and killed them! 

Have any other companies successfully tamed a Shieldhorn? Any idea if this is the first tame on official servers? We'd be pretty stoked if it was! Here's a picture of Cera (yep, from The Land Before Time) right in front of our marina at sunset, just after she made it home safely.

Shieldhorn at Sunset.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

wth is that thing lol..

And I thought Lions where dangerous..

Edited by darcek

Wow, its so pretty, well done, I thought the dinosaur looking creatures in trailer were just a fake tease, but so its true!

Please if you dont mind sharing, how did you tame it, and what biome/zone ID/island you found it on? 😍

Edited by Aery

55 minutes ago, Aery said:

Wow, its so pretty, well done, I thought the dinosaur looking creatures in trailer were just a fake tease, but so its true!

Please if you dont mind sharing, how did you tame it, and what biome/zone ID/island you found it on? 😍

Dinos are only on the ancient ruin island with the little power stone icon on your map. 

1 hour ago, Loni said:

Dinos are only on the ancient ruin island with the little power stone icon on your map. 

Ah thank you! Do you maybe also know what they eat to get tamed?

I've noticed on reddit the companies that tamed them love to point out they did so but purposely leave out the info.

For anyone wondering there is a youtube video out there that shows it, but it works similar to imprinting babies from ark.  Its a RANDOM veggie every time you bola.  So you need to bring a ton of variety and get a little lucky.  At work and they block youtube here but if you check r/playatlas on reddit it should be easy to find.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO TAME THESE:
-Have onions, beets, turnips, maize, potato, edible greens, peppers, and chili. It will randomly want any of these every time you feed it.
-Go to D12 Powerstone island (Bigsevain Atoll)
-bola it and tame it.
-Right now, you cannot tame them on any other powerstone island that I am aware of.
If you don't have all the veggies I will personally give you whatever seeds you are missing. I play on NA PVE Official. Message Saint#4964 on Discord.
Edited by TridentNova

On 1/24/2019 at 4:27 PM, TridentNova said:
FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO TAME THESE:
-Have onions, beets, turnips, maize, potato, edible greens, peppers, and chili. It will randomly want any of these every time you feed it.
-Go to D12 Powerstone island (Bigsevain Atoll)
-bola it and tame it.
-Right now, you cannot tame them on any other powerstone island that I am aware of.
To the company Atlas Shrugged, You guys aren't the only ones that know how to tame them and I'm much more vocal about it.
If you don't have all the veggies I will personally give you whatever seeds you are missing. I play on NA PVE Official. Message Saint#4964 on Discord.

Hmmm.

20190202194703_1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/2/2019 at 11:08 PM, Silversnow said:

Hmmm.

I asked nicely before man, and you started off with "que?" ^ ^ ^ (look at comment above mate) ^ ^ ^

Anyways. . .

Razortooths can only be tamed on D12 on the Atoll as well. You can find a comprehensive video here: 

Edited by TridentNova