Sign in to follow this  
Ransurias

Having a really tough time finding the right company

I've been through several companies thus far, but none of them have really lived up to my initial impressions or facilitated a truly enjoyable gameplay experience. I'm not keen on being a zergling in a massive company, but I'm also bummed out by the large volume of small, mostly dead companies with ~5 players online at any given time and ramshackle bases on Lawless servers.

My ideal company would have ~40 - 80 active players on a PvP server, a limited number of obnoxious children who think that getting a headshot on a giant snake with a flintlock is going to get them famous on YouTube, a decent and established base (nothing grand or spectacular), and an overall focus on enjoying what the game has to offer rather than focusing solely on base raiding. It wouldn't kill random people on sight, and it wouldn't go out of its way to sink other ships or grief other players "BeCauSe We CaN, LuL." It would expect players to contribute and do their bit for the greater good, but it wouldn't force people into specific roles and take the game too seriously.

I'm the kind of guy who enjoys going on taming runs for exotic animals, doing resource runs for supplies that are scarce in our server, hunting for treasure, leveling up, and making sure the company stays stocked with weapons, armor, and artillery. I do enjoy PvP, but only if I feel like there's a good reason to be attacking or killing a specific group of people -- I don't like it when some airhead hopping into Discord arbitrarily whips everyone into a frenzy because "hey, it's 11 PM, isn't it a great time to raid a NA company that hasn't done anything to us in the next grid over until 4 in the morning?"

I haven't been able to find the right company, at least on NA, and I'm starting to lose hope that such a company even exists. The company tool on this website is next to useless, and r/SailTogether isn't much more helpful. I'd be happy to roll an EU character if that's what it takes to find the right group of folks. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ransurias said:

I've been through several companies thus far, but none of them have really lived up to my initial impressions or facilitated a truly enjoyable gameplay experience. I'm not keen on being a zergling in a massive company, but I'm also bummed out by the large volume of small, mostly dead companies with ~5 players online at any given time and ramshackle bases on Lawless servers.

My ideal company would have ~40 - 80 active players on a PvP server, a limited number of obnoxious children who think that getting a headshot on a giant snake with a flintlock is going to get them famous on YouTube, a decent and established base (nothing grand or spectacular), and an overall focus on enjoying what the game has to offer rather than focusing solely on base raiding. It wouldn't kill random people on sight, and it wouldn't go out of its way to sink other ships or grief other players "BeCauSe We CaN, LuL." It would expect players to contribute and do their bit for the greater good, but it wouldn't force people into specific roles and take the game too seriously.

I'm the kind of guy who enjoys going on taming runs for exotic animals, doing resource runs for supplies that are scarce in our server, hunting for treasure, leveling up, and making sure the company stays stocked with weapons, armor, and artillery. I do enjoy PvP, but only if I feel like there's a good reason to be attacking or killing a specific group of people -- I don't like it when some airhead hopping into Discord arbitrarily whips everyone into a frenzy because "hey, it's 11 PM, isn't it a great time to raid a NA company that hasn't done anything to us in the next grid over until 4 in the morning?"

I haven't been able to find the right company, at least on NA, and I'm starting to lose hope that such a company even exists. The company tool on this website is next to useless, and r/SailTogether isn't much more helpful. I'd be happy to roll an EU character if that's what it takes to find the right group of folks. 

Before watched slightly some streamers, if being NA, maybe try Pirate Bae or Late Shift, however they propably only take subs or something.

Just now, Nightstrasza said:

Before watched slightly some streamers, if being NA, maybe try Pirate Bae or Late Shift, however they propably only take subs or something.

Well, like I mentioned earlier, I really don't want to be part of a twitch streamer's zergling army. And the idea of having to subscribe to someone's twitch just to get into a company sounds repugnant, ya know? 😕

1 minute ago, Ransurias said:

Well, like I mentioned earlier, I really don't want to be part of a twitch streamer's zergling army. And the idea of having to subscribe to someone's twitch just to get into a company sounds repugnant, ya know? 😕

Just gave an example, don't realy know any other. Those 2 are the only that remotely can be called "friendly" and not abussive, not playing pvp, both NA nor PVE so can't help further. There is uganda and other those streamer things but those ocmpanies are just a hell.

1 minute ago, JackedNTatted` said:

Idk how "friendly" Pirate Bae is, they used the shovel exploit to bust down our stone walls and offline claim our territory, lol

Yeah... that kind of nonsense is pretty much the opposite of what I'm looking for. :classic_sad:

6 hours ago, JackedNTatted` said:

Idk how "friendly" Pirate Bae is, they used the shovel exploit to bust down our stone walls and offline claim our territory, lol

Oh realy?, from what did read in last 1 hour of checking forums it seems both of those groups are just as bad as the others, sorry to mention them then.

You're pretty much describing Valkyrian Republic. 60ish players so far, mature population, fairly well established bases that we're still working on, etc.

If you want to find out more, message me on Discord: Tiny Rick #6896