Sign in to follow this  
CookieJar

Devs should respond on the cheater question

There's been a lot of reports of cheaters in Atlas as of late. Personally I have not experienced or encoutnered a cheater of any kind yet. Sure, assumptions but not concrete proof. But there's been multiple reddit posts and forum posts popping up like these: 

I feel like Grapeshot Studios should respond to those kind of things and let us players know what they're going to do about it. As you can see in the video added to that, the entire scene on minute 5 seems quite sketchy. - I think in these kind of cases it's important for the devs to communicate with people about such things. Especially because they advertised this game as an EVE Online kind of game, where there is playerrun ecenomy and territory. But what happens when cheaters are bringing inbalance to this entire ecenomy and territory? Then it's ruined, and you will never get it right anymore, despite being early access. 

• Like 1

And maybe create a way to report people. There was this guy from a clan.. he came alone into our northern bay, sunk a schooner within seconds, and within 5 minutes he sunk another one in the southern bay. And those are quite a significant distance away. It's ridiculous. I cannot prove that he's cheating but this just seems odd.

Another update on this situation. Fought the same clan (mega clan) for the 4th time in a row now. More unexplainable shit is happening. This might be because at this point I am actually looking for flaws, but seriously. I tried to grapple their ship over 10 times.. the instant the grapple connected with their ship, it instantly released. And none of them was near the hook either. - Tested it on my own ship afterwards, which worked fine. I just cannot grapple onto their ships. Had the same issue the other day when their ships were unmanned in their bay. 

This is rididiculous. This same clan has a dozen of ships with a cannon tower at the front with about 18 cannons onto them. And all cannons have NPC's on them that fire at will. Now I wonder how they got all that gold.. mmh. Duping, by chance? 

As I mentioned in this thread before. I do not have concrede evidence, but there are people who do have evidence all over the forums and reddit. Yet no dev seems to worry their little head about it at all. They're focused on making this game and fixing it, which is as important. But if you're going to have a duping and cheating problem and you want this game to evolve like EVE Online, you're off to a bad start. And then, a wipe of the official servers will eventually just need to happen. Unless you manage to trace all those who cheat and dupe and ban them.. which, I do not see happening considering Grapeshot / Wildcard's reputation.

• Like 1

Yet another update on the cheaters. I did not specify the nationality of these cheaters neither did I mention their company name because I did not have concrete proof. Neither do I want to come across as racist despite admittingly having called my sloop the 'Chinkfister' but this is what I mean: