ChrisX85

Diving for pearls

I have tried multiple times to dive for pearls (Gems). I can see them on the sea floor and pick them up. They however do not show up in my inventory. Has anyone else had this issue? I only ask as this is the only means of gathering gems close to my base. Thanks

Just now, ChrisX85 said:

I have tried multiple times to dive for pearls (Gems). I can see them on the sea floor and pick them up. They however do not show up in my inventory. Has anyone else had this issue? I only ask as this is the only means of gathering gems close to my base. Thanks

Know that's off-topic but could maybe enlighten where those pearls are at the bottom?, are they on every bottom or not?, also since dived for pearls, propably seen coral, would love some organic paste so if coul share information about coral aswell, would be glad.

Foundout that pearls are a crystal resource, not gems. You have to travel some distance from an island, and get to the sea floor. They are small shiny clam shells, about twice the size of a coconut. I have not come across coral on sea floor yet. You can however craft organic paste in mortar and pestle. Requires sap and fibre.

2 hours ago, ChrisX85 said:

Foundout that pearls are a crystal resource, not gems. You have to travel some distance from an island, and get to the sea floor. They are small shiny clam shells, about twice the size of a coconut. I have not come across coral on sea floor yet. You can however craft organic paste in mortar and pestle. Requires sap and fibre.

Yeah... tundra have no sap. Also that's sad pearls are crystal..., anyway, would never get there, have no idea how ppl dive in with all the sharks. Sword deals 10 dmg, bow 15 and guns can't be used underwater.

Doesn't pike drain a lot of stamina? Does it stick fish to the end of it like the spear?
Diving with the suit is really difficult too since no weapon seems effective vs sharks/jellyfish/eels.

Curious about this as well. You can barely jump in to get flotsam without getting attacked, i can't imagine trying to get to the bottom.

All weapons are useless against beast in deep Underwater. Maybe in the future we can crafting a harpoon or steel spear.

Yes pike is the best solution but you cant kill predators like sharks,jellyies,eels with a simple stone spear .