unhandledexceptional

Time to turn on anticheat

I'm hoping they have been probing up until this point and hope they plan to release it under the radar soon, but it needs to happen asap. Hear me out as to why, because I understand that this is an early access game and there are "more pressing issues" and I agree, however its time to turn it on.

The Devs are on the verge of losing dozens of players just in my sector alone where we're losing this battle to a group of people who shouldn't stand a chance. We crush them in combat at sea without fail. We siege their structures but there's no raid building cooldown so no progress is made. We push them back on land despite being aim, and wallhacked against. When we fall back because the eco war is won, and its impossible to force them out due to their cheats they raft over to our base and once again use cheats to spawn in objects on the deck of our boats until they sink. We would be crushing them without cheats and exploits but they're still in the game. So at the end of all this we still want to play the game but our options are limited to (A) Quit, (B) Cheat as well, or (C) Keep playing handicapped until we hate the game so much we never touch it again. This is not just me, this is the sentiment among my entire company, and several of the companies in the alliance in my sector.

The final reason as to why they need to get the anti-cheat rolling is that I know this isn't happening to just us. I see a dozen posts every day here and on the on the official forums about cheaters. You can't test a game that people aren't playing. I'm gonna hold out for one more major version update, but I can say the same for the rest of my guys if it isn't fixed by then I'm probably done for a long while along with whoever else I manage to get to hold on until then.

P.S. yes this is an exact copy of my post to reddit.

• Like 1

Yes this is stupid, but it will take a while before we see some anti cheat. Ridiculous. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

UNHANDLEDEXCEPTIONAL I believe we are in the same sector and know exactly what you are talking about. There is a major problem with cheating. I have been shot repeatedly in the head over and over again from an enemy I couldn't locate. Not on just one occasion but on multiple occasions by multiple people of the same company. They seem to be using Wall Hacks finding us when we were claiming territory and also shooting us instantly in the head without ever missing when sprinting in zig zags. Unfortunately I have been unable to record any of this so far because I was more worried about seizing their island but it was to no avail. I will provide as much proof as is necessary to  get these players band and get anti cheat software established. I am essentially burned out and ready to quit after all the cheating I have seen the last few days. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP

I agree this should be priority.  Even tho it's an Early Access game it's important that they manage cheaters.  Cheating should never be allowed in a multiplayer game.  Period.

• Like 1

Some Chinese cheater companies (like the case of TEA in Ark) already invested more than $10k in this game for equipments and hiring people. If you don’t pay those money back they will never stop. The only solution is to give your money to those cheaters if you want to continue playing your game. Trust me they are able to defeat any anti cheating system within days because this is a REAL MONET ISSUE 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dorf said:

I agree this should be priority.  Even tho it's an Early Access game it's important that they manage cheaters.  Cheating should never be allowed in a multiplayer game.  Period.

EA should not be about inventing anti-cheat, firstly make a game to play. However, like any mmo game that is decent, it should have GMs, some players cry over about cheats?, hop in invisible and watch over what happens, from what seen in multiplayer games, games without GMs arround tend to have exploiters and cheaters that are not dealt with for even months untill devs slap a ban wave or something, but in motnhs, the damage already has been done.

Maybe pvp is just not for you guy's try pve or a private server, however having said that the same anticheat system they used it Ark should work equally as well in this game I can't see that it's a big deal for them to just add it in and wonder why it wasn't actually here from the get go.

9 hours ago, unhandledexceptional said:

I'm hoping they have been probing up until this point and hope they plan to release it under the radar soon, but it needs to happen asap. Hear me out as to why, because I understand that this is an early access game and there are "more pressing issues" and I agree, however its time to turn it on.

The Devs are on the verge of losing dozens of players just in my sector alone where we're losing this battle to a group of people who shouldn't stand a chance. We crush them in combat at sea without fail. We siege their structures but there's no raid building cooldown so no progress is made. We push them back on land despite being aim, and wallhacked against. When we fall back because the eco war is won, and its impossible to force them out due to their cheats they raft over to our base and once again use cheats to spawn in objects on the deck of our boats until they sink. We would be crushing them without cheats and exploits but they're still in the game. So at the end of all this we still want to play the game but our options are limited to (A) Quit, (B) Cheat as well, or (C) Keep playing handicapped until we hate the game so much we never touch it again. This is not just me, this is the sentiment among my entire company, and several of the companies in the alliance in my sector.

The final reason as to why they need to get the anti-cheat rolling is that I know this isn't happening to just us. I see a dozen posts every day here and on the on the official forums about cheaters. You can't test a game that people aren't playing. I'm gonna hold out for one more major version update, but I can say the same for the rest of my guys if it isn't fixed by then I'm probably done for a long while along with whoever else I manage to get to hold on until then.

P.S. yes this is an exact copy of my post to reddit.

They didn’t do it in ark so I am pretty sure it won’t ever happen here. Plus they can’t even get all the servers working right so I am pretty sure stopping cheaters is very low on the priority list.

probably time to get used to it