Critor

Choice of Gates, Please...!

I want to be able to press T for different gates.

I don't care if it costs the same as a large gate.

(At least allow us 1/2 gates, no top on each type)

I think another tool that'd be extremely useful instead of large gates that swing open could be something like a portcullis of varying widths/heights to allow for the passing of ships/animals. 

On 1/6/2019 at 10:15 PM, Critor said:

[snip]

Come on Devs start using some common sense, you've made a great game so far, but implementing Dynamic gates would make total sense.

Give the players what they need.

[snip]

Yes please!

The Behemoth Gates are much too large. Even more so in Atlas than in ARK. Either give us dynamic gates - like they have long since proven to be working in the s+ mod - or at least an intermediate gate that's just large enough to fit an elephant and giraffe but smaller than the oversized Behemoth.

• Like 1

/SIGNED

Make the small gate actually small 2X2.5 or 2X3 for smaller animals, then give us an actual medium that elephants can fit through such as a 3X4 that isn't obscenely big like the behemoth. Keep the behemoth if we want to wall in a bay area to allow large ships though.  

Also, the Castle+ mod in ARK had an awesome portcullis and a drawbridge.  Need to add those to the game. We already have a lift system so a drawbridge makes sense! 

I am pretty sure that the large gate got LARGER in the Mega update!! The request for smaller, wide gates is a good one, and shouldn't be that hard to add to the asset list. For that matter, couldn't it just be a variant the same way that you have implemented variants on walls and floors?

18 hours ago, Argh! said:

I am pretty sure that the large gate got LARGER in the Mega update!!

... and they also added a suitable, stupid behemoth wall. That thing is a monster.
You know - it's not the size that counts (that's what she said :classic_happy:).

+1 for a 3x6 gate for elephants, rhinos and giraffes!

• Like 1

The 2x2 gate is awesome, if they could just have updated to old medium to 3 or 4 wide it would have been fantastic - would fit the elephant and rhino just fine.

• Like 1

Thumbs up for more gates. The large one is to large. It's discussed in so many communities.

Also I woold like some gates without "top" and choseable high, to integrate them into my home.

Best regards

On 2/19/2019 at 3:39 PM, Jack Shandy said:

I want to be able to press T for different gates.

I don't care if it costs the same as a large gate.

(At least allow us 1/2 gates, no top on each type)

THIS!

I would be nice to be able to place large gates on boats too, I have a galleon used to transport elephants and other tames, doesn't have 2 decks to fit the animals in there, I have a ramp to the top deck, it would be extremely cool to place a large hatch door in there to open it and release the animals.

One year later, GATES are still as ugly and big as hell... I never played ARK but if this the way this people treat the community, i dont think they will last very long.