Critor

Choice of Gates, Please...!

Come on Devs.

FOR YEARS IN ARK WE ASKED FOR A CHOICE OF GATES, AND YOU WOULDN'T GIVE US THEM.

I am sick and tired of having to build structures that are either TOO SMALL or  stupidly OVERSIZED, just to fit the gates.

Please   give us  a selection of Gates, or implement the DYNAMIC GATE from the S+ MOD from Ark.

Its not difficult and can be implemented quickly. It  would also stop so many shit oversized building having to be made. Which in turn will reduce the lag on the servers.

WIN WIN WIN.

Come on Devs start using some common sense, you've made a great game so far, but implementing Dynamic gates would make total sense.

Give the players what they need.

Sorry if this sounds aggressive but I love designing good buildings, but can because of the lack of gate choices I am limited to having to build massive ridiculous barns to incorporate the behemoth gate.

Edited by Critor
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 5

It would be nice to have a gate that snapped to the rest of the building pieces. They should also drastically increase the price of gates so people don't build ugly walls out of them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for creating this - I was going to post the same thing.

Either a 3x5 or 4x6 would be the ideal middle ground - something just large enough for an elephant, rhino and giraffe to fit though 🙂

• Like 1

width x height

1x1 doubledoor (like S+) with propper settings so that smal animals fit through

2x2 for horses, cows, tigers and wolfs

3x2 for horses, cows, tigers and wolfs when drunk

don't know the heigh of an elephant ... so make gates to fit them too 😉

Edited by don
  • Like 4

lulz, we've been asking for mid-sized gates in Ark for four years and they still haven't provided them. Listening to customers isn't their strong suit.

• Like 1

Was just going to say the same. Either at least one medium sized 4x8 gate, or a dynamic one where you can pre-select size when crafting and it uses the according amounts of mats. "Behemoth" gates are just too stupidly big. Please make it happen.

i made a post about that too!

Pleas e give us a medium gate and different hight options like half walls please

Thinking the same thing. The small gate is already too big for many situations. But it's barely too small for an elephant. The next (and only) size up is so huge it's a joke. They need about 5 or 6 sizes of gates, but at least a medium would be a good start. And they just changed the scale from small to large, so it's not like it's extra work to scale it again for medium.

I agree.. gates currently start out at what equates to a medium size from ark, but labelled small. If you were only going top use this on top of teh water (where it can't be placed without something under it anyways) that would be neat, maybe, to enclose a dock area?

Fact is, they're WAY too big for on land; and what current tames we have (large = a behemoth gate,) and for us. really, a simple, actually small set fo double doors would be amazing. maybe at most 2-3 blocks high.. and yes; snapping to existing tiles (fence, railing, wall, foundation) would be pretty freaking helpful. having a 2-3 high wall with a 12 high gate cause elephants won't fit in a small gate is frankly dumb. Tone it down a bit, pleeease.

With the new cost of stone walls now including metal and paste, we MUST have a medium 5x5 or 6x6 gate as the cost to build a building for the Bethmoth gate is now prohibitive.

They should also add a wall version of the gates so you don't have to wall your base off with gates, I have no issue with large walls around bases. Would also like to see more variety in gates though.

• Like 1

I was going to post this too.
We are not taming freaking Brontos from ARK

The  8 wide, 12 high large gates are STUPID to have just because an elephant or a rhino are too wide to fit through the 2 wide, 4 high normal gate

Give us at least a damn middle ground.

The TALLEST/WIDEST Creatures that are tamable  (giraffe/razertooth) are just SIX WALLS TALL and fit through a THREE WIDE GAP

So all we need is a 3x6 gate!

It's just so stupid that we need this HUGE FREAKING MONSTER of a gate just to fit through a rhino that is small enough height wise to fit through the normal gate, but is just a nudge to wide at the hips to fit the 2 foundation wide gap. 

Edited by Taiine
  • Like 3

Add me to the list, just had to turn my animal enclosure into a frikkin skyscraper to get an elephant in it.

Ridiculous. Ruins the look of any base, affects the overall aesthetic of the game. And is a pain in the ass to build. 

The tallest tames we can tame are only 6 walls tall. We do not need a gate that spans 12 walls high for this. Give us at LEAST  a 3 wide, 6-7 wall high gate so we can get tames through. There is out right no need for a 8 wide, 12 high gate like we have now.

On 1/6/2019 at 6:38 PM, Rogash said:

It would be nice to have a gate that snapped to the rest of the building pieces. They should also drastically increase the price of gates so people don't build ugly walls out of them. 

Gates will snap to walls in the same direction as the gate. Ie wont snap on the 90 degree corner.

Give gates an alternate horizontal placement as a large hatchway. Would allow adding a cargo hatch into the deck of a ship, for easier access loading/unloading to belowdecks storage, or securing trade animals so they're not taking up the main deck.

the elephant can easyli fit true 3x3 walls but wont go in a door 2.5x4 that is realy stupid just make it go thru and we are not forced to build ridiculous large bases to fit our farming animals in and just have small rooms for storage in it.

Edited by postal1988

At this point, I'd be fine with gates that are the same width, but half the height. Something that looks like giant warehouse/barn doors would fit the aesthetic well. - along with giving an alternate texture to the stone. The Bank stone texture is badass, I'd love to be able to build with a stone and beam look, instead of just plain stone/ancient temple look.

We definitely need a medium gate.  Big enough for rhinos and elephants, etc but not so insanely oversized as the behemoths.  

1x2 door, or double door, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4.  seems like it shouldn't be to difficult to resize the current game to these sizes and adjust crafting cost accordingly