Sign in to follow this  
Jack Lazarus

PvE needs Locks!

A group of Chinese has shown up on D7 NA PvE server. They started with blocking the bay and are now raiding bases, taking what they can from crafting stations and dropping the rest.

Simply giving us locks on crafting stations and maybe we could have worked the rest out. Now, multiple days of farming for my whole team is gone and with the Chinese strip-farming, we can't exactly recover. Was out hunting fish for 20 min and came back to empty stations. 15 min later and the guy comes back and I caught him in progress.

Grapeshot, please look into PvE friendly tools!

20190105173155_1.jpg

20190105173621_1.jpg

20190106152919_1.jpg

20190106152922_1.jpg

Edited by Jack Lazarus
Focusing the call to action - locks so PvE raiding is just pointless.
  • Like 2

Unfortunately the same hackers, glitches and exploits, by the Chinese they used in Ark.

This was never addressed in Ark won’t be here.

Ive seen them glitch under the map to try to steel flags to over weight ships

They search every container on our ship blatantly you can’t stop them. This is pve if I want to pvp I take my 5k hours and play rust.

wildcard was purchased by snail games who happens to be owned by guess who??????

The crafting stations are not pin lock able so you dont put anything in them if your base is wide open, lkeep that crap locked up in your houses etc behind locked doors 

• Like 1

I was in a polar zone last night with literally 5 people online (according to the ESC menu player count). Myself, my neighbour, two Chinese talking in Global chat in squares and numbers, and a random fifth person. What happened?

Literally ten minutes after the square chat spam started, the fifth rando claims in global: "I hoped you enjoyed stealing from my raft".

The south pole, man, the south pole. 

Edited by Ringo O'Rourke
  • Like 1

Well, they finished their ship and reopened the bay.

Now to negotiate the replacement of their bullshit: a full smithy, loom and tannery with 80% or more of what it takes to craft a Galleon.

20190107043053_1.jpg

20190107050148_1.jpg

• Like 4

This does need to be addressed crafting stations should have locks and pin codes even a preserving box, yes it is a pirate game but this happened many times in ark and that is why a huge amount of players left because these guys enjoy it. I don't see why they do not add a few more servers come Wednesday which has been 2 weeks of hell staying up all night staking turns sitting at a flag to come back to having all your mats for your ships taken. Like causing crap that is why they have pvp but they cant handle pvp and now people are selling land for rl cash. Again Wednesday it will be the same they will have more land to sell for real money. I like official before you say go to a private server and this game has huge potential. Coming up through floors through walls etc is not part of pirating thats called cheating and not part of the mechanics in game. Add locks to crafting tables like ark thank you also can you make bull pull cart as some of us live in lands where we cant get horses back 

Unless you add a crane onto ships.

• Like 1

I'm starting to wonder why did they make a PvE version of their game in the first place if they don't actually want to deliver a PvE game?

• Like 2

Is it really that hard to put your crafting stations in a building and keep the door shut? 

Step 1) Build a large box

Step 2) Give it a single small door

Step 3) Put your crafting stations in it

Problem solved.

I'm American and I would have robbed you as well. #pirate

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Firespark81 said:

Is it really that hard to put your crafting stations in a building and keep the door shut? 

Problem solved.

People are using a range of exploits/hacks to clip through walls, brute force PIN codes, even suck items out of chests right through walls; your box smithy still wouldn't be safe. They can either try and fix every exploit that is giving people access to people's crafting stations - which could take months and is invalidated the moment the next exploit is found...

...or they could just put a PINless lock option on containers and crafting stations in PvE and immediately fix the problem next client update.

Edited by RyuujinZERO
  • Like 3

Do changes made to PVE servers impact PVP servers? I wonder if the PINless lock systems are not applied to PVE servers b/c of concerns of bleed over; or vise versa.

4 hours ago, Firespark81 said:

Problem solved.

Too bad what you stated doesnt work, have a house door locked everything actually 2 ways they got in 1) they walked through the wall and 2 they crawled through the window using picks for climbing. So next time you wish to be cocky and arrogant and making yourself look smarter realize that people have tried regular way and people are still hacking in. The need for locks on craft tables and somehow a preservation bin that can be locked is highly needed. They had same issue in ark and they fixed it, without these fixes no use taming or crafting. If you can climb through windows and glitch through walls. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ark servers there’s a line in pve to lock all structures. I’ve set it up on all the pve servers. Having a friend start an atlas server, many of the command lines are the same. Will give him the line information and see if it works on his server. 

3 hours ago, Littlelucifer said:

Too bad what you stated doesnt work, have a house door locked everything actually 2 ways they got in 1) they walked through the wall and 2 they crawled through the window using picks for climbing. So next time you wish to be cocky and arrogant and making yourself look smarter realize that people have tried regular way and people are still hacking in. The need for locks on craft tables and somehow a preservation bin that can be locked is highly needed. They had same issue in ark and they fixed it, without these fixes no use taming or crafting. If you can climb through windows and glitch through walls. 

All I know is we play on NA PVE and we have not had a single issue with this. All of our stuff is locked up. Not to mention if that is the case if they are getting in through windows and stuff then just put the stuff in a ship storage box or a large storage box both of which are locked by default. Grab the stuff you need, craft, then put the leftovers back. The ship storage box holds thousands of goods and can be placed on a foundation. And don't get me wrong I get what you are saying and I agree bugs need to be fixed but you are playing an alpha game. You have to realize that and find workarounds until they get time to fix the bugs that you are having issues with. And I sound cocky and arrogant because of all this just seems to be common sense to me. But maybe I just play too many broken a$$ games. 

6 hours ago, RyuujinZERO said:

People are using a range of exploits/hacks to clip through walls, brute force PIN codes, even suck items out of chests right through walls; your box smithy still wouldn't be safe. They can either try and fix every exploit that is giving people access to people's crafting stations - which could take months and is invalidated the moment the next exploit is found...

...or they could just put a PINless lock option on containers and crafting stations in PvE and immediately fix the problem next client update.

Many of the containers do have a pinless lock system on them. The ship resource box and the large chest are locked by default. Also, ship resource box holds a stupid amount of resources. Please note I'm not arguing that they need to fix things because they do, I'm just stating that there are workarounds.

834910_20190107201016_1 copy.jpg

• Thanks 2

Yes true and thank you ,but where do you put crops you have grown since they can cheat and rob preserving bin and craftsman tables etc  btw love using those chests and they do hold unlimited. Devs please fix this issue or make the larder same equivalent as the preserving bags and locked craft tables. 

On 1/6/2019 at 2:17 PM, Luxfere said:

The crafting stations are not pin lock able so you dont put anything in them if your base is wide open, lkeep that crap locked up in your houses etc behind locked doors 

This, you fucking idiots.

Critical thinking is your best friend

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MegabitTV_WrecknBall said:

This, you fucking idiots.

Critical thinking is your best friend

Well, then, please share with everyone where you have yours, locked as you say and see how long it will take before someone glitch through walls or doors and play havoc with your "crap locked up in your houses etc behind locked doors". 

Adding lock to stuff on PvE would shortstop quite a lot of other problems we have and should be easier than fixing all the bugs around it.

Ya'll are ate up getting so mad about all this - it is really a simple thing: design decisions must be made in every game to point toward how the creators think it should be played.

If Grapeshot actually wants PvE, we have to help point out the things that PvE is missing. They launched a whole new studio for this game - chances are they want it better than Ark ever was but they don't have the hours available to see how players use and abuse their systems.

The point is, Grapeshot has to decide if they want to have PvE become a community experience or just a PvP with no consequences setup.  We just bring them the data until they can see what the whole community wants.

• Like 2

No need for name calling etc, yes there are the chests with auto lock etc but like in every game there are those who thrive on cheating as much as playing . As much as we choose to try to get the perfect pet they like to try and find the perfect cheat so they dont have to work as hard. Going through walls, speed hack, carrying unlimited resources etc are not part of the mechanics of the game. We all joined pve or pvp for a reason. I like a challenge but same time dont feel should spend 100 hours in water gathering seeds to find some player who walked right through the walls to steal everything. I know this is first stages of the game and they need our input but to further and understand more of the game certain things need to be fixed first and quick or domino effect will happen, This game has huge potential and the response from devs on twitter has been amazing. 

Alot of these issues are the same issues we went through in ark feels like dejavou

10 hours ago, Elrood said:

Well, then, please share with everyone where you have yours, locked as you say and see how long it will take before someone glitch through walls or doors and play havoc with your "crap locked up in your houses etc behind locked doors". 

Adding lock to stuff on PvE would shortstop quite a lot of other problems we have and should be easier than fixing all the bugs around it.

wanna know where my stuff is? In pin coded storage containers next to the work stations. Common sense would tell you that if something isn't lockable, then you should not put anything in it and instead put your stuff in things that do lock

Drop walls on them and block them in. When they die, take their gear. Eyes for an eye and teeth for a tooth. Train everything you can find to their work area. Put up walls instead of doors when you're out of the area or afk.

you do realize that it was said they even got through pincoded doors, pincoded storage bins right same thing in ark where you could dl  a third party program to break through locks, but main issue is getting through walls etc and when building a big ship running back and forth you dont stop and think okay ill move all this into a box while im gone for 5 min

2 minutes ago, Stabby said:

Drop walls on them and block them in. When they die, take their gear. Eyes for an eye and teeth for a tooth. Train everything you can find to their work area. Put up walls instead of doors when you're out of the area or afk.

we tried that and they walked right through them

19 hours ago, Firespark81 said:

Many of the containers do have a pinless lock system on them. The ship resource box and the large chest are locked by default. Also, ship resource box holds a stupid amount of resources. Please note I'm not arguing that they need to fix things because they do, I'm just stating that there are workarounds.

834910_20190107201016_1 copy.jpg

used those today and they couldnt steal from them thanks for the idea, they still got through the walls but we caught them trying to break open the ships lock box 

29 minutes ago, Stabby said:

In that situation, I'm pretty sure you can guarantee your stuff is gonna get de-spawned.