DocStrangeFruit

Game broken beyond belief

I know this is an early access game and I accept that there will be issues and bugs but this game is a pile of garbage.

The lag and rubber banding is making the game impossible to play, its 1 step forward and six back, you cant craft now due to the lag, combat is a joke as you hit a creature, it show sin jury then its no injured due to the lag and rubber banding.

The graphics are no better than those of ARK and to be honest the little I have managed to see so far they appear far worse in some aspects.

The mass amount of players on PvE servers sleeping is a major issue with the lag I feel and I cannot see one god damn reason why the sleeping is required when they are aiming for such a huge amount of players.

This game might be ok in 1 few years time but at the moment this game is not worth even attempting to play due to the serious gameplay issues.

Developers should have waited until this pile of shite was a. stable. b. playable instead of caving into player pressure to release it in such a shoddy condition.

33 minutes ago, DocStrangeFruit said:

I know this is an early access game and I accept that there will be issues and bugs but this game is a pile of garbage.

The lag and rubber banding is making the game impossible to play, its 1 step forward and six back, you cant craft now due to the lag, combat is a joke as you hit a creature, it show sin jury then its no injured due to the lag and rubber banding.

The graphics are no better than those of ARK and to be honest the little I have managed to see so far they appear far worse in some aspects.

The mass amount of players on PvE servers sleeping is a major issue with the lag I feel and I cannot see one god damn reason why the sleeping is required when they are aiming for such a huge amount of players.

This game might be ok in 1 few years time but at the moment this game is not worth even attempting to play due to the serious gameplay issues.

Developers should have waited until this pile of shite was a. stable. b. playable instead of caving into player pressure to release it in such a shoddy condition.

I think you set your expectations a little high. If you are not having a great time with an official server, why not try a private one? I'm not saying this is a solution but at least it would allow you some time to enjoy some of the game while other issues are being worked out. I see a lot of posts about the private servers being more stable because of the lower population. 

13 minutes ago, GrantX said:

I think you set your expectations a little high. If you are not having a great time with an official server, why not try a private one? I'm not saying this is a solution but at least it would allow you some time to enjoy some of the game while other issues are being worked out. I see a lot of posts about the private servers being more stable because of the lower population. 

Right.  Buy broken game, to make it work buy private server.  Fantastic business model, or is it extortion, I can't remember?

It is true that the game is broken right now. It was playable for all of 6 hours yesterday (before they let way way more people onto the servers).

It is also true that the game will continue to be broken for a period of time. We will see how much tonight's patch helps.

The developers over hyped and under-prepared. But unlike No Man's Sky, there is a game here and the gameplay is good; we just might have to wait a couple more weeks to see it.

game should not be this f#$%ed up it is a copy of their other game ark i got to play 6 whole minutes before it crashed.

it looks a lot like ark and whats the point of making a character with hair when it gets put in the game with a buzz cut.

i didnt realize i was making a uncle fester character.

since it has the look and feel of ark then it should play a lkot better than it does... 

so quit with the bull crap about new game because it appears not to be scratch built...

Look, if you are angry, you are angry. Nothing I am going to say is going to change that. What it should be and what it is are often two different things. So do you want to sit here all day an rage or go find something that doesn't increase your blood pressure.

It is your choice if you want to be optimistic about the patch and the future of the game but running around throwing shade doesn't help anything. It is like someone honking their horn in the middle of a traffic jam.

Hey. Buddy. We are all in this together.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NoSkill said:

Look, if you are angry, you are angry. Nothing I am going to say is going to change that. What it should be and what it is are often two different things. So do you want to sit here all day an rage or go find something that doesn't increase your blood pressure.

It is your choice if you want to be optimistic about the patch and the future of the game but running around throwing shade doesn't help anything. It is like someone honking their horn in the middle of a traffic jam.

Hey. Buddy. We are all in this together.

Amen.

• Like 1

I played during the ‘streamer premier’ and at that time the game ran great. 

But let’s be honest here, we all expected that it would run shit in the beginning. I do hope that they will do something about the sleeping bodies, I haven’t seen them but it’s definitely causing lag for people. 

But by following their twitter, they are working on it. 

• Like 2

This is day one of a two year beta. They put 8k people on one server cluster, and you're mad that it couldn't handle 10?
This is a day one win in my book.

You do know Early Access is Beta testing right. Key word here being TESTING. That starts from the moment you click play, not just from when you get into the game. Testing their servers to see how they respond under heavy capacity. Testing how it responds to loads of people in once place. The devs will be getting data from this and analysing how they can make it better. If you werent expecting this, then dont by an early access game. 

The game itself it not broken, the servers are just unable to cope with the high amount of stress of such a huge number of people hitting it all at one time. Think of it like a DDoS attack.

Also, regarding it "not being a new game". Of course its a new game. Its using the same engine as ARK, yes, but does that make it the same game? No. There is plenty left to explore, new things out there.

Might as well class all sequels as the same game while we are at it...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Kuro said:

You do know Early Access is Beta testing right. Key word here being TESTING. That starts from the moment you click play, not just from when you get into the game. Testing their servers to see how they respond under heavy capacity. Testing how it responds to loads of people in once place. The devs will be getting data from this and analysing how they can make it better. If you werent expecting this, then dont by an early access game. 

The game itself it not broken, the servers are just unable to cope with the high amount of stress of such a huge number of people hitting it all at one time. Think of it like a DDoS attack.

Also, regarding it "not being a new game". Of course its a new game. Its using the same engine as ARK, yes, but does that make it the same game? No. There is plenty left to explore, new things out there.

Might as well class all sequels as the same game while we are at it...

People don't get it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DocStrangeFruit said:

Sounds like you don't understand what early access means.

Most mmorpg's had huge server problems the first week. These were completed games with stress test beta.