Sign in to follow this  
Nightstrasza

Increased lvl caps and more points = bad

Please don't increase amount of stuff player can unlock. There won't be anymore any crafters, sailors, builders, fighters, chefs, pirates, tamers etc, with the amount of skill points incoming, players will be propably able to unlock literaly everything. The only thing it will add is longer progression which is nice but it will kill everything else this game advertised other than pvp. Everyone will be a one-man army being able to craft and do whatever they please, there won't be trade nor any adventage of catching off-guard a chef or crafter from opisite company while being a fighter, their skills will be propably equal at higher lvls. No more specialization or trading, we already don't have to travel much between islands bcs they almost have the same resources with some differences like lack of fiber here, no sap there etc, that gonna be the only thing worth trading as there won't be any player market for for example cannons or other ship pieces, guns, armors and whatever.

There will still be trade and travel. The higher tier blueprints require different types of each resource to craft.

1 minute ago, Swyfty said:

There will still be trade and travel. The higher tier blueprints require different types of each resource to craft.

Those blueprints are not worth the effort. Still, what about the specialization and lack of acomplishment?, if we get everything handed to us, might aswell not play after few hours.

Yes it is stupid. This will kill trading, specializations and what not. Think that is a shame considering that there were not that many skill points creating the specializations. Why would they make an entire system to eventually just buff it that much the whole system is just useless. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

We still don't know how much skill points we will get. If we'll be able to unlock 4-6 trees i'm all for it, don't like being stuck with doing 1 thing for the sake of "cooperation" (which would still exist even if we had all skills unlocked from the start), especially since the skill trees are horrible mess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LaiTash said:

We still don't know how much skill points we will get. If we'll be able to unlock 4-6 trees i'm all for it, don't like being stuck with doing 1 thing for the sake of "cooperation" (which would still exist even if we had all skills unlocked from the start), especially since the skill trees are horrible mess.

Right now, there's enough points to specialize in few trees, no need all perks to specialize, for example if want to be a gunner, can skip the bigger reload mini-game space if got good reflex, same applies to other trees. The 100 lvls will make so we can unlock everything (right now we have 200 points at lvl 51)

1 hour ago, Nightstrasza said:

Please don't increase amount of stuff player can unlock. There won't be anymore any crafters, sailors, builders, fighters, chefs, pirates, tamers etc, with the amount of skill points incoming, players will be propably able to unlock literaly everything. The only thing it will add is longer progression which is nice but it will kill everything else this game advertised other than pvp. Everyone will be a one-man army being able to craft and do whatever they please, there won't be trade nor any adventage of catching off-guard a chef or crafter from opisite company while being a fighter, their skills will be propably equal at higher lvls. No more specialization or trading, we already don't have to travel much between islands bcs they almost have the same resources with some differences like lack of fiber here, no sap there etc, that gonna be the only thing worth trading as there won't be any player market for for example cannons or other ship pieces, guns, armors and whatever.

I agree do not increase points there is no point in an mmo if no one has to work with any one to acquire certain items

Still 2 years of EA. People always thinking the changes here and the now are final. Things need to be changed content and systems need to be tested and to be tested properly you need as many people as possible using them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nightstrasza said:

Yeah this game is ark. It will absolutely never be what people want it to be. This is wildcard and this is ark.

5 minutes ago, Goldfish The Builder said:

Sadly it will make it so everyone can do everything, not a good idea at all 😞 

Anyone playing Atlas a lot and for long can do everything as a reward, this is good !

Impatient little boys who want level 100 after one hour  have bad luck.

It is not wrong if some fanatic Atlas player with level 100 can do a lot of things.

Edited by Talono
  • Like 1

Jesus christ. Whining about 2x rates, whining about more levels and more skill points so solo players aren't fucked over... you children really can't be pleased, can you?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, as a solo player i want to be forced into companying with complete strangers and forced to trade in order to play the game at a higher level.

Screw the devs for trying to let people have fun alone!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Talono said:

As a solo player i like the change.

Being a solo player too, suprise.

3 hours ago, Dragonchampion said:

Jesus christ. Whining about 2x rates, whining about more levels and more skill points so solo players aren't fucked over... you children really can't be pleased, can you?

Being more than adult. Also don't care about 2x rates as long as ships become more expensive but also much more durable so they don't sink in 1 minute.

1 hour ago, RogueLdr said:

Yeah, as a solo player i want to be forced into companying with complete strangers and forced to trade in order to play the game at a higher level.

Screw the devs for trying to let people have fun alone!

Anyway, to all 3 of thou, being a solo player too, what a suprise. Guess what, seems solo players are more cancer than megas onsidering that solo players here attack with pitful insults and passive agressivness. Sorry that want the game to have more depth to it than minecraft.

3 hours ago, Talono said:

Anyone playing Atlas a lot and for long can do everything as a reward, this is good !

Impatient little boys who want level 100 after one hour  have bad luck.

It is not wrong if some fanatic Atlas player with level 100 can do a lot of things.

If only leveling took time. Understand that like the progression will be longer, already got lvl 41 and lvl 51 is right now max lvl so that's soon, but leveling is fast and it unlocks alot, the tree would have to be adjusted alot, basic things like smithy and flintlock are a must to survive so then need those points asap but when game gives as much and even more with each 10th lvl points it just becomes "what to put those points, already got what mostly needed for survival so only fancy things left that maybe will do ocassionaly...". And no, if someone spends alot of time, they can go into that high lvl, that's fine, tho rather than having so many lvls so can raft anything, would prefer that maybe we could find the gear in the sea or on adventures, for example find an old cannon at the bottom of the ocean and grab that or something, give incentive for players to explore and travel for things like this, this would not require companies or trade right?

1 minute ago, lordsocarharbringer said:

currently lv 99 on a private server will only unlock 70% of the skill tree at most so these changes unless they are big arent going to unlock the whole tree 

That sucks. At max level around 25% should be the very MOST anyone can unlock. Why not make this PubG on boats?

Z

6 minutes ago, lordsocarharbringer said:

currently lv 99 on a private server will only unlock 70% of the skill tree at most so these changes unless they are big arent going to unlock the whole tree 

It gonna unlock everything bcs they also plan on adding even more skill points per level, thy private server propably have just the same rates as on official but with increased level cap.

You do realize not everyone likes being dependent on strangers on the internet to effectively play the game right?

With you're rational someone who goes deep into ship wright would barely be able to do anything else.

A private server does not copy official rates in anything I can change to any rate's I want for myself and the player's why wouldn't I, at the cost to run one I doubt any private server copies official rate otherwise they would just play official.

Skill tree definitely needs rework..

I find sometimes this annoying thing that I bought a skill,lets say armor with my last points,only to discover that I cant craft armor,cause to do armor you need to invest more points...

Same with Melee,cooking whatever,etc..investing points opening skill tree should at least give the novice skills at start.(too easy? lower amounts like said here of points rewarded,but at least when you open some skill youll feel you actually invested in something beneficial)

it just feels dumb you opened a tree only to have it empty lol..

Edited by darcek

This is pretty early days. I mean these tree's are far from complete. I'm sure as the game goes on and more stuff get's added, things will become harder to max out more then a couple trees.

Things like building. Right now only up to stone, I'd imagine they will do metal too? I'd also assume they will add more ship classes to the game, Maybe even a larger dockyard for even larger ships.

More weapons, more arty types, I mean you name it! These dev's have went from realistic to completely scfi with Ark. So who knows what all they will add down the road and with DLC after launch.

Being with Ark from just days after EA launch, to 3+ years later - The game is only a small piece of what it originally was. From all the new dinos, to tek tier, to what you could unlock and do. Even down to massive nerf and balance changes (Flyer nerf ruined the game for a huge amount of people.).

I'm not going to get to worked up on changes right now. It will keep changing a lot. And I'm all for helping solo players. The game is hard enough as is by yourself.

Every player should be able to craft essentials. Base, boat, food, armour, tools etc. 

I just think all skill trees need to be longer and have more specialized buffs if you decide to go deep into a tree. This way a specialized shipwright can build someone any ship with better durability, crew slots, other buffs etc

• Like 1