Sign in to follow this  
Robotukas

New players and people who have jobs

1. I just realise that raft decay in 8 hours. I understand you want to clean trash. Make another system where you will have NPC and player can store some items. So how new players can continue to play this game if they are working? (probably they just suppose to start play game on the weekend). Very clever design.

2. Ok. You made all resources and raft are ready to go and you were killed by dammed ship after you crossed the zone border. You didn't have the wind to escape and 4 shots you dead. All your work and time lost in 20 sec. Who is going to play this game? You game reputation is decreasing. Why this dammed ships everywhere? Some of them even close to islands. Think that people won't come back and they won't recommend your game to others. You going to put £40 - 60 price tag which no ones will buy a game unless they been invited by friends who have companies. I don't know what you people do in the office or that team you have but clearly show you don't have a clue how to make start in this game. Remember once you launched this game you didn't have dammed ships so many players settle and occupied lands. What new players going to do when they can get to lawless islands, they can't find essential resources to start beginning and they have a very small chance to continue the journey. 

3. Once you die in Freeport you lose everything. In E14 it is too difficult to survive so why you can let for players to know how difficult is in Freeport. But once final realise will come so is going to be a wipe. Did developer team think that players will be forced to go for example to E14 or lawless islands because other servers will be overcrowded?

• Like 1

its still early access, ive lost my bases and ships multiple times now to glitch users and griefers. the pve mode isnt very enjoyable right now. i just figured grapeshot is working on stability issues than core mechanics at the moment , and even when they do start working on core mechanics im sure they are going to work on the pvp side of this first as that is where most streamers play. its fine though i play on visiting the forums until i see a patch that fixes some of the soul destroying issues in pve ...

ie claim flags( claim flag limit, fix the overlaping, correct the decay timer),

ghost ships, the amount of them and their ability to attack ships that cant out run or defend against them,

the ship weight issue where people can grief you by sinking your ship with weight

the glitch where people can break in to your base , kill you and then steal your base cause your not sleeping there. (lost a base i just finished building , went to sleep, woke up , and they stole my claim)

personally the claim flags is the worse issue , i can deal with the other issues, but between claimflags and the griefing its to much.  

claims flags should be reduced to 1 per person , with a skill tree (land managment or something) allows you to have more claims (the bank should be moved under this tree), each player can bring their claim(s) to a company and that adds to the companies total count.  this would promote people joining companies but wouldn't punish players that wish to be solo or small groups. 

until i see a change to claim flags or some fixes to progression , i dont think ill be wasting my time, i want to play atlas , but i just have wait for them to fix some core issues in pve first

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Robotukas said:

1. I just realise that raft decay in 8 hours. I understand you want to clean trash. Make another system where you will have NPC and player can store some items. So how new players can continue to play this game if they are working? (probably they just suppose to start play game on the weekend). Very clever design.

2. Ok. You made all resources and raft are ready to go and you were killed by dammed ship after you crossed the zone border. You didn't have the wind to escape and 4 shots you dead. All your work and time lost in 20 sec. Who is going to play this game? You game reputation is decreasing. Why this dammed ships everywhere? Some of them even close to islands. Think that people won't come back and they won't recommend your game to others. You going to put £40 - 60 price tag which no ones will buy a game unless they been invited by friends who have companies. I don't know what you people do in the office or that team you have but clearly show you don't have a clue how to make start in this game. Remember once you launched this game you didn't have dammed ships so many players settle and occupied lands. What new players going to do when they can get to lawless islands, they can't find essential resources to start beginning and they have a very small chance to continue the journey. 

3. Once you die in Freeport you lose everything. In E14 it is too difficult to survive so why you can let for players to know how difficult is in Freeport. But once final realise will come so is going to be a wipe. Did developer team think that players will be forced to go for example to E14 or lawless islands because other servers will be overcrowded?

8 he is Freeport decay not outside also if you anchor your ship there's no decay outside of Freeport. Ship of the damned have been needed I have outrunned them on raft. Bumped into physically on sloop and still got away.

38 minutes ago, Hackjob said:

8 he is Freeport decay not outside also if you anchor your ship there's no decay outside of Freeport. Ship of the damned have been needed I have outrunned them on raft. Bumped into physically on sloop and still got away.

When you say freeport you mean zone or island?

So you were lucky. But not everyone has luck.

55 minutes ago, Hackjob said:

Zone once you get your raft in Freeport leave the zone to one of the adjacent tiles

The game progress is similar to EVE Online : starting in center and progressively move toward farest zones.

Once you built your raft with a bed on it, just move to a Lawless region, build a small base with a Shipyard on an island (no bed usable in Lawless regions) and finally go to an outer unnamed region to claim your own territory.

wind is non issue now with the recent buffs , 

learn to look where your heading and adjust in plenty of time , 

i have been chased by damned ships on rafts and on my sloop and outrun them every time ,

when taking damage repair as u get hit ,

its not a game issues it a learn to play issue ,

u r a new player u dont know how the game mechanics work yet , 

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Robotukas said:

So how long it takes for new players to get out of freeport when you are in E14 zone?

You can be on a raft and out of Freeport zone in an hour or less 

1 hour ago, Hackjob said:

You can be on a raft and out of Freeport zone in an hour or less 

You are saying when you have experience but you not able to get out in hour in E14. Did you visit E14? Otherwise show for other how you do in one hour on YouTube. 

1 hour ago, Robotukas said:

So how long it takes for new players to get out of freeport when you are in E14 zone?

depends if u have played these game types before couple hours max if u just concentrate on getting taft and a bed on it 

23 minutes ago, uli said:

depends if u have played these game types before couple hours max if u just concentrate on getting taft and a bed on it 

Did you visit E14? It is tundra with - temperature. And you health is start decrease once you start a game. Make a video how to survive in this freeport island.

6 minutes ago, Robotukas said:

Did you visit E14? It is tundra with - temperature. And you health is start decrease once you start a game. Make a video how to survive in this freeport island.

Change home server to a sane free port like tropical one? Easiest solution for tundra start? 
Starting in tundra its like saying "i'm new and i want to play successfully on 'very hard' difficulty without knowing the game". 

Edited by Elrood

Just now, Elrood said:

Change home server to a sane free port like tropical one? Easiest solution for tundra start? 
Starting in tundra its like saying "i'm new and i want to play successfully on 'very hard' difficulty without knowing the game". 

Ok. When you say things you need think that new players wouldn’t have a clue which freeport is easy to start. It doesn’t say how difficult is that server and they will think that game is too hard or is not finished. And I am sure even wouldn’t come up with idea to change server unless someone will tell to switch to tropical freeport.

1 minute ago, Robotukas said:

Ok. When you say things you need think that new players wouldn’t have a clue which freeport is easy to start. It doesn’t say how difficult is that server and they will think that game is too hard or is not finished. And I am sure even wouldn’t come up with idea to change server unless someone will tell to switch to tropical freeport.

Of course the game is not finished. Thats in definition of early access. :classic_huh:

Any player who ever played survival game other than minecraft know that starting in "winter themed" zone is Bad Idea or a challenge run 😉 . Completely new player with no experience in the genre will have even more problems than temperature - and yes, I agree it need better communication in that regard. 

With my 8th raft starts now , best way i found start in a freeport thats in the temperate zone craft bed/raft/locker . Head to lawless farm for syrup to make fur clothes and head to tundra . Every other place is claimed. Even then ive had my base stolen 2 times in the 190hr ive played , 1ns before the 3 day protection 1 after it and i even refreshed my flag before logging out base was taken over in just 8 hr .... Love these guys that are doing 0 work running around all over the place finding bases that are bugged and they could claim and demolish for materials....

They should really change it so others cant demolish a building they havnt built even if they claimed it . And have it decay in like 2 days w/o leaving any materials behind if it wasnt demolished or reclaimed by the creator.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robotukas said:

then start somewhere else when u die , u can change freeport start area , or do u just want to start on one of the hardest areas in the game ?

Edited by UDO

6 minutes ago, JackTheWack said:

With my 8th raft starts now , best way i found start in a freeport thats in the temperate zone craft bed/raft/locker . Head to lawless farm for syrup to make fur clothes and head to tundra . Every other place is claimed. Even then ive had my base stolen 2 times in the 190hr ive played , 1ns before the 3 day protection 1 after it and i even refreshed my flag before logging out base was taken over in just 8 hr .... Love these guys that are doing 0 work running around all over the place finding bases that are bugged and they could claim and demolish for materials....

They should really change it so others cant demolish a building they havnt built even if they claimed it . And have it decay in like 2 days w/o leaving any materials behind if it wasnt demolished or reclaimed by the creator.

That would result in resources being blocked two days longer. I've claimed and demolished two buildings on my part of island which were build on or near spots with semi rare materials... So yeah, what you propose have drawbacks too 😞

7 hours ago, Robotukas said:

We left freeport in about 30 mins.  there is no reason to stay.. Get enought stuff to get a raft. Put bed on raft maybe fire and smithy  and sail the heck away... You can go to lawless. where you can build with out a claim..  Build a sloop. Sail more Gather stuff worth trading.  Trade people for land outside of lawless. Use land to gather more stuff and build bigger ship... Then Explore..

2 hours ago, Pax said:

We left freeport in about 30 mins.  there is no reason to stay.. Get enought stuff to get a raft. Put bed on raft maybe fire and smithy  and sail the heck away... You can go to lawless. where you can build with out a claim..  Build a sloop. Sail more Gather stuff worth trading.  Trade people for land outside of lawless. Use land to gather more stuff and build bigger ship... Then Explore..

"WE" So how many of you was in the group? How many times did you die in Freeport? What did you do with your inventory when in Freeport your body disappear and you lost everything you had? How many times you died in the sea without clothes. How did you kill animals for getting hide (to make a bed)? Did you go fishing? What you can build in lawless if most people coming to Freeport for fibre. Look like you're talking like you haven't been in this area and lawless zones. Lawless islands have aggressive animals and with a bow, in a harsh climate, you die too quick. looks like you just can't accept that game design is broken and you trying to prove that this is normal :).

I lost count of my deaths in freeport, but then again its not worth keeping your vitals balanced out. So I just died when i got hungry. Build a raft and make a chest and a bed, then sail off. Predators can be a problem, but get some arrows or a spear and work against them. You can easily outrun crocs and snakes, wolves and lions are slower than you in water. What happens when you die at sea? Spawn on the bed that SHOULD be on every boat you own. The game has its problems, but youre nowhere near the broken stuff yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Robotukas said:

"WE" So how many of you was in the group? How many times did you die in Freeport? What did you do with your inventory when in Freeport your body disappear and you lost everything you had? How many times you died in the sea without clothes. How did you kill animals for getting hide (to make a bed)? Did you go fishing? What you can build in lawless if most people coming to Freeport for fibre. Look like you're talking like you haven't been in this area and lawless zones. Lawless islands have aggressive animals and with a bow, in a harsh climate, you die too quick. looks like you just can't accept that game design is broken and you trying to prove that this is normal :).

I would have to agree, nothing is normal when you play on one of the official servers. They are very much a work in progress with a lot of work still needing to be done to make them playable for a "new player". We are all new to Atlas, but you are hearing from experienced ARK players, with over 1000 hours in that game, they understand where you should start (since at this point, the game is essentially a new version of ARK with boat travel between islands thrown in). 

Now, if you want to learn the game, I would recommend you play 50 hours on an unofficial to learn all the mechanics. Then if you must insist on playing on official, give it another shot a week or two from now. They are becoming better each week.

Edited by wildbill
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Rapier2012 said:

I lost count of my deaths in freeport, but then again its not worth keeping your vitals balanced out. So I just died when i got hungry. Build a raft and make a chest and a bed, then sail off. Predators can be a problem, but get some arrows or a spear and work against them. You can easily outrun crocs and snakes, wolves and lions are slower than you in water. What happens when you die at sea? Spawn on the bed that SHOULD be on every boat you own. The game has its problems, but youre nowhere near the broken stuff yet.

Some areas must be adjusted so you learn not how to die or not having vital issues but actually how to survive in freeport without dying from beginning.

Just to give a different perspective here, I'm about 180 hours in and I've never paid attention to my vitamins, water, food, or health during that time. I learned from the start that there is no penalty from dying, so I just die and respawn all the time. When I saw that bodies disappear in Freeports, I rushed to get a raft, bed, and storage box first. Then I just kept gathering until I was gonna die again, stored everything, waited to die, respawned on my raft, and repeated until I had enough stored to go on my way. If I'm out at sea and I see my health dropping, I close my sails, die, respawn on my ship, and continue. When I get to a new island I want to explore or if I'm looking for a treasure map, I'll die first so i get a fresh start when I get off my boat.

So I do understand this is a survival game and that people should learn how to not die, but when it comes to PvE at least, the game currently feels like there's no need to bother with that.

• Haha 1

Freeport first steps.

1. gather some thatch, stone, then punch a tree till you get enough mats to make a stone pick

2. use pick to make flint, make stone ax.

3. gather mats for raft and have it built.

4. die

5. respawn, now gather mats for bed, place on raft

6. leave Freeport