Sign in to follow this  
Highline

Cut map corners

I would like to recommend cutting the map corners and make it so you can travel maps diagonally. More options for players when leaving the map as well as less loads on some servers. If the servers are both full you have another option as well with this.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I like the idea. You'd need an hexagonal map (geodesic sphere) which will give some people confusion but it's very possible mathematically.

• Like 3

On 1/6/2019 at 1:16 PM, TrevorJD said:

I like the idea. You'd need an hexagonal map (geodesic sphere) which will give some people confusion but it's very possible mathematically.

Well, actually, no need to think this way... The map can still be shown with only squares like today, but when the player is navigating near the corner, the light wall will have a small "window/door/wall" that will be visually there, but not on the map 😛

+1 for the idea

• Like 1

Flat earthers must have made the map system lol. Yes please make the map a global system for immersion/realisms sake.

Would seem to be a simple matter of having another color for the corners so that you know when you are making the corner crossing. it is just a collision plane would be easy to bound segment it and have different teleport depending on how far from the corner.  I think 1/4th away from the corner would be fair that would make each cardinal direction having a 1/2 perimeter opening.   Although technically you would be literally cutting corners but as long as anyone chasing you also cuts the corner, that is fair.

Edited by krazmuze
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 4:31 PM, krazmuze said:

Would seem to be a simple matter of having another color for the corners so that you know when you are making the corner crossing. it is just a collision plane would be easy to bound segment it and have different teleport depending on how far from the corner.  I think 1/4th away from the corner would be fair that would make each cardinal direction having a 1/2 perimeter opening.   Although technically you would be literally cutting corners but as long as anyone chasing you also cuts the corner, that is fair.

I think that's the ticket for the current square shape, but the hexagonal approach should have been the obvious choice.   Then just get rid of the wall.  Doesn't need to be there.  Detracts from the immersion, but so does all the other arcade blinking mechanics that also detract from the idea of discovery when it guides you by magic lighting effects.  Something strange about a game that wants you to explore, but doesn't.......