Sign in to follow this  
mad01

Negative Upkeep Flag problem

Can someone explain me what is that Negative Upkeep Flag? I was staying close to a flag, it showed me like 3000 seconds and after I can contest it right? But after appeared -16000 seconds... Why? what should I do so I can claim that teritory, there is no one sleeping around or stuff... any ideas? suggestions?

It seems that it's a display bug. Instead of ticking from ~260k second to zero it ticks from 18k to -240k or so (3 days ~259k seconds).

1 hour ago, moriak said:

It seems that it's a display bug. Instead of ticking from ~260k second to zero it ticks from 18k to -240k or so (3 days ~259k seconds).

Is that actualy true, like does it let claim the land after it goes into -240k or just speculating?, bcs once had land grabbed (the 3 days protection doesn't work btw, only works when placing the claim, then it poofs and it takes minutes to steal it) and it went to like -50k, thankfuly the leader of that company was arround and deleted that claim, he also said thast aparently claims are not protected when online... and that 3 days protection only turns on with sleepers in there... so he have like half his friends sleeping on the other island bcs an amry of griefers trying to steal the land from them all the time.

6 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Is that actualy true, like does it let claim the land after it goes into -240k or just speculating?, bcs once had land grabbed (the 3 days protection doesn't work btw, only works when placing the claim, then it poofs and it takes minutes to steal it) and it went to like -50k, thankfuly the leader of that company was arround and deleted that claim, he also said thast aparently claims are not protected when online... and that 3 days protection only turns on with sleepers in there... so he have like half his friends sleeping on the other island bcs an amry of griefers trying to steal the land from them all the time.

It's a working theory based on observation. One user confirmed that their ally has seen a claim with -230k which was still protected and on the next day they were able to contest. But I was never able to confirm it myself because people around me reset timers sooner than that. In the screenshot below you can see timer -138k and the claim is still under protection. The 3 day protection works, it's finally been fixed in v9.31. The timer also does not reset all the time, probably to prevent servers being spammed by reset instructions for every claim flag. It looks like the timer ticks to 0 even when people are online but then it resets to ~18k (again, a theory). If not online, it continues to negative numbers all the way to -240k, but protection still applies.

image.thumb.png.5d6ec01ee3ade78ed140ee389ba3ec78.png

Edited by moriak

1 minute ago, moriak said:

It's a working theory based on observation. One user confirmed it but I was never able to confirm it myself because people around me reset timers sooner than that. In the screenshot below you can see timer -138k and the claim is still under protection. The 3 day protection works, it's finally been fixed in v9.31. The timer also does not reset all the time, probably to prevent servers being spammed by reset instructions for every claim flag. It looks like the timer ticks to 0 even when people are online but then it resets to ~18k (again, a theory). If not online, it continues to negative numbers all the way to -240k, but protection still applies.

image.thumb.png.5d6ec01ee3ade78ed140ee389ba3ec78.png

Well, let us know if that thing can be claimed once it gets to -240k, not that need it right now, having nice neighbours but still good to know.

Just now, Nightstrasza said:

Well, let us know if that thing can be claimed once it gets to -240k, not that need it right now, having nice neighbours but still good to know.

It's been reset already but I keep looking for higher (lower?) numbers each day so if I see anything past -200k I'll take a screenshot.