Sklex

Atlas needs less Ark and more Eve

1 hour ago, Tony.Macaroni said:

We dont need Ark or Eve in this game, Ark was a nice game if played modded. Eve was just an afwul grindy game, a very typical no life game.

EvE don't "Was", EvE "IS". At peak hour, yesterday had more people than Atlas. A game of f***** 16 years Old. Right now, it has 30.5k players. 

How many has Atlas right now? If they continue this BS of making everything boring easy, insta-reward pew pew for -10yo kids... How many players do you think Atlas will have in 2035??!?! Hahahahahhahaahvavavahava

I agree. Need to merge all the servers, and break clusters into time zones.

Have an NPC faction, like an imperial colonial administration.

Have ports that players can dock ships at at night to store them for when they're offline. Charge a fee for the storage of each ship, and maybe scale it based on how many ships your company has in store. That way smaller companies can store their ships in relative safety and still afford to store them whilst it'd force larger companies out into lawless sectors to establish their own bases for ship storage.

Whilst ship destruction is part of the game they need to fix ships being offlined. It might be ok for the hardcore companies that can maintain 24 hour watch but it'll kill off casual players.

And I don't want to hear that casual players need to go to play on PvE servers. It's not good enough. Why can't it be balanced. I want to PvP and I'm happy to lose ships in naval combat, it's just dog sh*t losing ships to offline raid but a single naked with fire arrows.

Maybe have a taxation in colonial administrations like say 25%, so it encourages people to explore into lawless areas in order to avoid tax once companies are established enough to move out into lawless areas, plus more resources, and higher quality resources.

• Like 1

received_2222862071107496.pngThere are servers starting to do this btw. Not at the depth I would like to see where resources are limited to specific zones. We do currently have a place to call home where we can play without fear of wipe and the go sailing on a Friday night and try find some pvp. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 6:20 PM, Natas said:

Death should be punished in some way. For example getting older or loosing XP progress. Then the vitals makes more sense.

I like the idea making different zones. I would divide them in 3 zones:

1. The PVE clusters should have enough land for everybody to build common structures, ships and equipment.
The spot you can claim depends how big is your company. Only 1 spot is allowed.
The PVE zones should be controlled by the royal navy (NPC Ships) (similar to the concord in EVE).
Which means you can attack other players but you must carry the consequences, so you get hunted and can be killed by everybody. 
Of course there should be some common treasures and flotsam, too. In the middle of the mainland there is marketplace where you can trade everything.
less dangerous creatures and no Alphas (Eve High-Sec ;))

2. Outside PVE Zone is the PVP Zone (pirate rules), there should be valuable treasures and materials which you cannot find in PVE zones.
These Materials are needed to build better ship-parts and advanced equipment.
You can claim land and make your rules, taxes etc. If you build there you can always harvest rare materials and trade them or use it yourself.
More dangerous creatures and Alphas are rare(Eve Low-Sec ;))

3. Beyond the PVP Zones there should be the Zone of the damned. Very dangerous but with very big treasures and maybe the fountain of Youth.
Some Alphas and other monsters (Eve Null-Sec or wormhole ;))

So if you seek adventure you have to go to the PVP Zones and beyond. If you need to be guarded you can stay or fallback to the PVE-Zones.

+1 this idea, but it would have to be randomised, not "Specific gridlines"