Sign in to follow this  
Coggage

Yay, more Taming foods!

This is great news in the patch notes, being able to have foods that aren't restricted to one type from Monday.  The original foods are the most effective, and there are additional ones that get less effective as you go along the list.  This is great for Islands that don't seem to have, for example, Maize anywhere inside a zone or two of travel.

Updated taming foods to allow a variety of items to be used in taming creatures.

Effectiveness left(more) to right(less):

Tier 1:-   Chicken - Berries Monkey - Berries; Parrot - Hardtack, or Berries; Rabbit - Carrots, or Berries; Sheep - Flowers, or Berries

Tier 2:-   Bear - Honey, Vegetables, Fruits or Berries; Cow/Bull - Rushes, Fronds, Vegetables, Fruits, or Berries; Crow - Worms, Fruits, or Berries; Horse - Sugarcane, Vegetables, Fruits, or Berries....

...and so on and so forth.  I was going to start Taming today but I think I'll hang on until the patch drops.  🙂

• Like 1

I'm pretty stoked.  Our quest for turnips was epic and long.  One guildie rafted across entire lines of servers over a weekend trying to find it with no success.  We sent out other boats, joined trading channels, asked our alliance members. Nothing.

Ended up finding the shithead veggies 2 servers over from home base. Doh.   Glad they are making base taming easier but still allowing for 'better' foods.  Now we can at least 'mejoberry' tame shit that isn't worth a week of sailing 😄

2 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

I'm pretty stoked.  Our quest for turnips was epic and long.  One guildie rafted across entire lines of servers over a weekend trying to find it with no success.  We sent out other boats, joined trading channels, asked our alliance members. Nothing.

Ended up finding the shithead veggies 2 servers over from home base. Doh.   Glad they are making base taming easier but still allowing for 'better' foods.  Now we can at least 'mejoberry' tame shit that isn't worth a week of sailing 😄

Yes, "Mejoberry" struck me, too.  😄

u know it will take longer as u use the foods to the right ? the best foods and quickest foods are the first ones .....

12 minutes ago, UDO said:

u know it will take longer as u use the foods to the right ? the best foods and quickest foods are the first ones .....

Yes, that was pointed out blindingly obviously in my initial post.  The big clue was Effectiveness left(more) to right(less).

Yeah, we know.  But 2 hours to tame something on my own island vs 8 hours of sailing to come back and tame in 1.... etc.  It just gives you more options.  

• Like 2