Sign in to follow this  
pvg103breda

are the devs going to give me a new boat?

The whale is perfectly fine. You people just want instant gratification and hand holding. There should be very hard monsters/deterrants in the game and not just stuff you just shoot in the face and move on. This is suppose to be a mmorpg with survival. It sucks they are listening to the terrible players that don't want to have to sail with the wind(30% increase to speed against it) wanting to be able to do everything in th game efficiently without help from others. They are turning this game into another generic survival game without the mmorpg aspects.

4 hours ago, pvg103breda said:

the story is going further….now we were sailing for 6 ours again. with the wind against us….we farmed on freeport for 30 minutes......after that we were sailing back and the wind turned again against us. then after one our a sail is missing. i checked tribe log, and it says that i demolished it (offcourse not!!!! it dissapeared)……….now im sailing with one sail with the wind against me...GG....how to play this game?????

In all likelihood you destroyed the sail by accident when opening it or something. Its quite possible if you're not careful. I'm also not sure what you're complaining about with the wind.... sometimes its not going to be in your favor and your trip will take longer. That's the game. 

35 minutes ago, IsilithTehroth said:

The whale is perfectly fine. You people just want instant gratification and hand holding. There should be very hard monsters/deterrants in the game and not just stuff you just shoot in the face and move on. This is suppose to be a mmorpg with survival. It sucks they are listening to the terrible players that don't want to have to sail with the wind(30% increase to speed against it) wanting to be able to do everything in th game efficiently without help from others. They are turning this game into another generic survival game without the mmorpg aspects.

See, this is going to far in the other direction. For one thing, Atlas being an MMO has nothing to do with not being able to play solo in the game. Most MMOs allow you to get by as a solo player or have plenty of systems in place to enable player trading if they don't. I played a ton of Star Wars Galaxies, which was an MMO built around the concept of player interconnectivity and was originally setup so you HAD to interact with other players. They had a ton of systems in place for that though, including a robust player to player trade system, a global trade network and NPC shop keepers. What they didn't do however was force you to join some d-bags guild in order to survive the game or have any chance at participating in significant chunks of game content. 

Also, while there will be dangers and the game will be hard at times it doesn't have to be pure hardcore mode. All this whining about the wind change is head scratching.... its still really slow to sail directly into the wind and there was no "skill" required to properly sail into the wind in the first place. That change is about convenience, not difficulty. Seriously, get over it. 

18 hours ago, MaxPower said:

I played a ton of Star Wars Galaxies, which was an MMO built around the concept of player interconnectivity and was originally setup so you HAD to interact with other players. They had a ton of systems in place for that though, including a robust player to player trade system, a global trade network and NPC shop keepers. What they didn't do however was force you to join some d-bags guild in order to survive the game or have any chance at participating in significant chunks of game content. 

You played a tab target mmorpg that rewarded people that no life'd; aka Jedi and you think its a good idea to use that game as your basis? While yes players shouldn't be forced into mega zerg companies and should be able to cut out their own niche of land/employment/fighting style, they should still have to rely on other players for things if they don't have the players to craft, sail to farm regional items, ect.

There definetly needs to be a balancing mechanic to give smaller companies a chance to thrive like a main base siege window. As in the in its current itteration players can do all the content available in game. Its just players don't want to put forth the effort like mmorpgs require and rather have their instant gratification Rust style insta spawn shootout where they keep track of their k/d ratio.

Coming from Darkfall online where player skill truly truimphed zergs; I think you should seriously, get over people not wanting another easy mode game.

Edited by IsilithTehroth

We also lost 2 shooner and 2 sloop ... The first because of the ships of years .. Impossible to avoid so much there was some. The second because of a high depth that we managed to leave except that the boat made the tug and it explodes in the bottom ...

On 1/6/2019 at 11:50 AM, pvg103breda said:

5 mins ago, we were using our schooner, our boat was destroyed by a big wale. he one shotted our boat and it sunk. get rid of these OP stuff. we are farming days for boats! i suggest the devs are going to farm new boats……..the sea is to OP!!!!!!!  nerf it!!!!

kind regards

we lost our loot, canons, gear in 2 seconds……….impossible!!!! now we can farm for 10 hours again with a raft……..what a waste! we are a small tribe

your farming days for a schooner? Takes us like 20 min... and buying a raft takes you like 5 min solo in freeports.

Lot of mimimi and bullshittery in here my friend.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, pvg103breda said:

the story is going further….now we were sailing for 6 ours again. with the wind against us….we farmed on freeport for 30 minutes......after that we were sailing back and the wind turned again against us. then after one our a sail is missing. i checked tribe log, and it says that i demolished it (offcourse not!!!! it dissapeared)……….now im sailing with one sail with the wind against me...GG....how to play this game?????

I honestly don't understand what you're doing. Free port to island is 10 mins, 20 mins at the most. . . Are you weight your raft to 100% then limping island to island over the time span of 6 hours? Rafts are slow but not that slow.

Ive lost so many boats to bad stuff, my own bad decisions and bugs. When i now make new boats, i thread so carefully and treat it like a real boat. This game is lethal and evern if its frustrating from tim eto time i di love it. Its hardcore AS F, and you really have to think carefully or the game hit you like a brickwall. Unforgiving, but most fun ive had in years. Just have to forget all other cookiecutter handheld MMO. It can take a wile, btu when you do its actually fun.

6 hours ago, MrTexas said:

I have over 100 hours sailing already and have never lost a ship. Get better at it.

Being frank, yesterday I nearly died to a red SotD on my brig thanks to 7 tornados spinning me into their aggro. I managed to get away by going full sails with the wind away from it and de-aggro, but I don't think a med sail sloop would have - that said, a med sail sloop is also cheap.

I'm just saying, there's some deaths unavoidable in ships, but I agree most people are pretty shit.

17 hours ago, gadefence said:

Being frank, yesterday I nearly died to a red SotD on my brig thanks to 7 tornados spinning me into their aggro. I managed to get away by going full sails with the wind away from it and de-aggro, but I don't think a med sail sloop would have - that said, a med sail sloop is also cheap.

I'm just saying, there's some deaths unavoidable in ships, but I agree most people are pretty shit.

Well now that's fair, I mean in extreme situations it can happen, but getting killed by a ghost ship in clear weather means you are just bad at sailing. Especially with the agro range being so small now.