Sign in to follow this  
pvg103breda

are the devs going to give me a new boat?

5 mins ago, we were using our schooner, our boat was destroyed by a big wale. he one shotted our boat and it sunk. get rid of these OP stuff. we are farming days for boats! i suggest the devs are going to farm new boats……..the sea is to OP!!!!!!!  nerf it!!!!

kind regards

we lost our loot, canons, gear in 2 seconds……….impossible!!!! now we can farm for 10 hours again with a raft……..what a waste! we are a small tribe

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

There are whales, ship of the damned, storms and players. There are too many ways to lose your ship while sailing it and when you think you are save back home. You get raided 15m after you log out. Happened this night to us. We are a small crew and lost several ships brigs and scooners.

Whales and ship of the damned do not add anything to the game. They are just really annoying. They need to be rare and not be a maze you have to go through. 

• Like 3

true. yesterday, we were into 8 ghostships at the same time. its annoying as fuck. im losing people right now. they are getting demotivated and start playing fortnite again

44 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

Mondays patch is a major adjustment on whales.

But don't they just make ships flying insteed of damaging?, 66% damage reduction doesn't mean anything if they kill just by launching ships into space.

The big problem is the amount of these sotd and whales. Still if i sail in my sector we see 2-5 sotd constantly. They need to be rare. If i want to sail trough a maze i would be playing a different game. If we attack a ship at sea we need to turn away most of the times due to sotd or whale. If ee get attacked then yea we can use it to our advantage but i dont see the fun or usefullness of sotd and whales.

4 hours ago, mndfreeze said:

Mondays patch is a major adjustment on whales.

Yup but it lets people sink offline ships again with metal tools.. Unless you anchor your ship, which is a pain because i can't anchor my ships anywhere.

Mate. schooner isn't even a small challenge anymore, it is nothing. 

27 minutes ago, pvg103breda said:

and again, my raft was blown up by ghostships...because there were to many, to avoid. 

Then you've done something terribly wrong since you have to ram one to get aggro. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

Then you've done something terribly wrong since you have to ram one to get aggro. 

1. That's true the reduced ships costs and also increased harvest will make building a ship a joke, wish they went the oposite route of making them expensive but actualy not sinkable in 10 cannonballs, not getting fun from rebuilding ships everyday, getting fun from having it for many days (not that lost so many ships lol, died only once to SoD and only bcs it was yellow an couldn't see it in the storm).

2. The agro range is something as wide as a raft between SoD and player raft, so no, not need to literaly ram it but the agro range is very low.

Edited by Nightstrasza

3 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

2. The agro range is something as wide as a raft between SoD and player raft, so no, not need to literaly ram it but the agro range is very low.

Ye, meant to say basically. 

• Sad 1

well, i changed server with my 6th raft…..and there was a ghostship, the raft glitched into a ghostship….rip again…..its impossible...why are they spawning next to a server border?

:skull: HONEST TO GOD! ME AND MY CLAN QUIT PLAYING ARK BECAUSE OF THE STUPID FUCKING WHALE. THEY NEED TO TAKE IT OUT OF THIS GAME OR THATS IT GAME OVER!!! MY GUESS IS THE ONLY REASON ITS IN THE GAME IS BECAUSE THE GOD DAMN DEVS DONT PLAY :skull:

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

:skull: PERCIEVAL YOUR HURTING THE GAME MORE THAN HELPING IT WITH YOUR ANSWERS JUST SAYING. IF THE DEVS DONT LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS THEN THEY WONT HAVE PLAYERS!!! TELLING PEOPLE THEY ARE DOING THIS AND THAT WRONG OR ITS NO BIG DEAL IS JUST STUPID BUT WHAT EVER KEEP RUNNING PEOPLE AWAY. :skull:

1 minute ago, Scorpionshawn said:

:skull: HONEST TO GOD! ME AND MY CLAN QUIT PLAYING ARK BECAUSE OF THE STUPID FUCKING WHALE. THEY NEED TO TAKE IT OUT OF THIS GAME OR THATS IT GAME OVER!!! MY GUESS IS THE ONLY REASON ITS IN THE GAME IS BECAUSE THE GOD DAMN DEVS DONT PLAY :skull:

Why take out the whale?, just change it,  tho propably should be dissabled untill they fix it as of right now serves no purpose other than one-shotting ppls hard work. Tbh being suprised that survived whale hit on just the raft, it made the raft go flying but did no damage so guess it doesn't deal damage at all, it just one-shots by flipping the ship. The only counter to that then is never getting hit... which means anyone slower might aswell just jump into ocean and suicide to respawn faster.

3 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

:skull: PERCIEVAL YOUR HURTING THE GAME MORE THAN HELPING IT WITH YOUR ANSWERS JUST SAYING. IF THE DEVS DONT LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS THEN THEY WONT HAVE PLAYERS!!! TELLING PEOPLE THEY ARE DOING THIS AND THAT WRONG OR ITS NO BIG DEAL IS JUST STUPID BUT WHAT EVER KEEP RUNNING PEOPLE AWAY. :skull:

If discussing means hurting then I don't understand if we have the same definition of it. As far as telling people they're doing it wrong; What should I say? You're doing it the opposite of right?

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Percieval said:

If discussing means hurting then I don't understand if we have the same definition of it. As far as telling people they're doing it wrong; What should I say? You're doing it the opposite of right?

:skull: EVERY TIME SOMEONE COMPLAINS ABOUT THE GAME YOU DEFEND IT. INSTEAD OF TRYING TO HELP OR AGREE THAT IT NEEDS FIXED. AND DONT SAY ITS EARLY ACCESS BECAUSE NO SHIT! AND THATS WHY PLAYERS SHOULD BE LISTEN TO MORE THAN DEFENDING BUGS OR ISSUES! :skull:

Just now, Scorpionshawn said:

:skull: EVERY TIME SOMEONE COMPLAINS ABOUT THE GAME YOU DEFEND IT. INSTEAD OF TRYING TO HELP OR AGREE THAT IT NEEDS FIXED. AND DONT SAY ITS EARLY ACCESS BECAUSE NO SHIT! AND THATS WHY PLAYERS SHOULD BE LISTEN TO MORE THAN DEFENDING BUGS OR ISSUES! :skull:

Why are you saying stuff about me when you have absolutely no knowledge about it ? I've told my concerns about the claimed flags, the alpha spam, the skill points system, now again with the release of new levels, about being trapped and not be able to kill yourself.. Get out of here. 

2 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

IF THE DEVS DONT LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS THEN THEY WONT HAVE PLAYERS!!! TELLING PEOPLE THEY ARE DOING THIS AND THAT WRONG OR ITS NO BIG DEAL IS JUST STUPID BUT WHAT EVER KEEP RUNNING PEOPLE AWAY. :skull: 

That's certainly true to some degree.  However, not every single player complaint is valid. As a survival game, Atlas (much like Ark) is going to have some hard aspects to it and its going to bite you in the ass sometimes. The problem I see here is this idea that since you've spent all this time building a ship, there should be no risk of ever losing it. That's NEVER going to be the case... just like there was always a risk of losing tames in Ark. There is never going to be an easy mode unless you play on an unofficial server and anything you build can be lost in a flash if you're not careful. That's not to say there aren't bugs and balance issues right now, because there are plenty. It just seems like some people won't be happy unless there is zero risk to their ship. 

For example, the complaints about SotD attacking rafts. I've sailed plenty of rafts near SotD and their aggro range is so small you have to do something pretty stupid or get really unlucky for them to attack you. Even when I've spawned in a zone near one we've been able to outrun it... and that was before the sailing changes that made things easier. And if it had sunk us? Its a raft.... it takes five minutes to get the resources to build a new one. There are going to be dangers, accept it. Now with whales, they def need a nerf and shouldn't be able to rink anything but maybe a raft in one hit.... but they're still going to be a significant danger, as they should be. 

• Like 1

im freaking out right now. my raft got destroyed by a wale. we had like 1k sap en 8k fiber. we dont have fiber at our spot. we wasted 6 hours with the raft again.  my whole weekend is a waste of time......evertytime my ships and rafts get destroyed. every thing we do is a waste of time. these shit is annoying as fuck...….nerf this freaking shit!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

this has nothing to do with survival. and also fix the aggro range of creatures. its way to far. they also keep coming back for ur structures……...its way to aggresive. they act like corrupted dino's on extinction, also to agressive.

the story is going further….now we were sailing for 6 ours again. with the wind against us….we farmed on freeport for 30 minutes......after that we were sailing back and the wind turned again against us. then after one our a sail is missing. i checked tribe log, and it says that i demolished it (offcourse not!!!! it dissapeared)……….now im sailing with one sail with the wind against me...GG....how to play this game?????

Edited by pvg103breda
  • Haha 1