Sign in to follow this  
Dragonchampion

Despite the craziness, despite the bugs... I am legitimately having a good time.

I started this game solo, playing for several hours alone, before my friends saw me playing and jumped in. Since they have lives and I don't, really, I decided to host a company for them, and work on building and harvesting while they were offline, delegating positions such as scout and gunsmith to them while I focused on levelling shipbuilding and captaincy, taking a few other things when needed and respeccing the next level when I didn't need them anymore.

Despite the bugs, despite the hardness of early game and the 1x rates... I had, and am having, fun. I lost my first brig, which I soloed almost 80% of the resources for, to the overspawning of the Ships of the Damned. However, that was okay, since my friends helped me a bit more next time gather for the next brig. Now we're pretty big in PvE, have a Galleon, a Brig, and 5 Sloops for scouting and exploring for when specific people are online, and we have a nice base on a lawless island.

We're having a ton of fun, even with the bugs, and I want to say to the Devs, thank you. Each day that passes, you add more things to make the game better, you try to squash bugs, and you otherwise make this game amazing. This game is two weeks after launch, and they have fixed and changed so much. I truly, truly believe this game will be a diamond in the rough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dragonchampion said:

I started this game solo, playing for several hours alone, before my friends saw me playing and jumped in. Since they have lives and I don't, really, I decided to host a company for them, and work on building and harvesting while they were offline, delegating positions such as scout and gunsmith to them while I focused on levelling shipbuilding and captaincy, taking a few other things when needed and respeccing the next level when I didn't need them anymore.

Despite the bugs, despite the hardness of early game and the 1x rates... I had, and am having, fun. I lost my first brig, which I soloed almost 80% of the resources for, to the overspawning of the Ships of the Damned. However, that was okay, since my friends helped me a bit more next time gather for the next brig. Now we're pretty big in PvE, have a Galleon, a Brig, and 5 Sloops for scouting and exploring for when specific people are online, and we have a nice base on a lawless island.

We're having a ton of fun, even with the bugs, and I want to say to the Devs, thank you. Each day that passes, you add more things to make the game better, you try to squash bugs, and you otherwise make this game amazing. This game is two weeks after launch, and they have fixed and changed so much. I truly, truly believe this game will be a diamond in the rough.

You are a mytthical creature here on these forums. I didn't think they existed but indeed they do.  Finally someone who isn't just complaining or expecting the entire games core design to be changed to their specific desires.

Hats off to you!

• Like 2

I'm having a great time.  I have a nice spot on a Lawless - no point in Claiming on other islands until the serious bugs are ironed out - and I am stockpiling resources ready to set out next week for a Claim.  People are getting on well, there aren't insane hordes of homicidal spawns (indeed last night I think I saw maybe 2 wolves and a small snake) and all resources are plentiful apart from Salt.  I am sailing on a Salt run today and will have a first attempt at taming something other than a few chickens.  Very handy for poop for fertilizer, chickens are...  Nope, 109 hours into the game and loving it.

Same here nothing that has happened in the last 3 weeks has been unexpected. From the character creation bugs to crappy server performance to wildy unbalanced MoBs, to jumbled mess of skill trees and progression.  Its all about your level of expectations and for $25 I've gotten my money's worth.

:skull:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nightstrasza said:

The game is fun, as long as 3-5 predators don't pop out every 5 minutes all arround when trying to cut a tree.

I have never had that, that’s so weird. The one says there are 10 SoTD surrounding him and predators all over the place but when I sail across an entire grid I can’t find more than 3 and I have never been jumped by predators that randomly spawned in, guess I’m just lucky. 

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

I have never had that, that’s so weird. The one says there are 10 SoTD surrounding him and predators all over the place but when I sail across an entire grid I can’t find more than 3 and I have never been jumped by predators that randomly spawned in, guess I’m just lucky. 

Lucky propably or different island with different spawning. As for SoD, there can be almost none (yesterday transported iron from grid to grid, saw only 3 SoDs and only far away, none even on the grid barrier), or there can be a wall of them, once had 7 of them on the screen and that's with all those reduced spawn rates, they also camp grid barriers so hard that it was such a suprise when yesterday didn't meet any as already multiple times poped out into 3+ SoDs, 2 times even right next to them and only lived thro all those encounters bcs raft have low agro radius, if it was anything bigger, that would be already on the bottom of the ocean.

I'm having a great time, I'm not saying there aren't things that need to be fixed but the developers are actively updating and that encourages me.