Sign in to follow this  
BLiNNeMaNS

mod suggestion: have tradeships sell seeds

my suggestion is quite simple, yet i don't have knowledge of modding at all.. 

have the tradeships sell seeds, which is actually something a trader would do
(for instance, in stacks of 5 for 200gold per stack)
this allows for all herbivore tames on custom maps from 1x1 to whatever size but still keep the game mechanics in play.
(treasuremaps for gold, shipping gold through pirated waters and farming for crops)
maybe, if you're a pro modder, you can even rotate the seeds by not selling all of them, but switch it up every 24 or 48 hrs of ingame time

got a feeling seedmods (random seed table or even crop to crop convert) will be part of the 1st few mods out there, just hope at least one of you will go the extra mile and build on the existing game mechanics

thank you for reading, hope i've triggered/inspired you

Edited by BLiNNeMaNS

Hi @BLiNNeMaNS The meaning of this game is that you travel from island to island to collect difrend seeds. and to build your owne ships with resources that you gather over the diffrend islands. And if you do that in PVE its verry easy to do. In pvp it is not so easy to do. Thats the wholl point of this game. if you are going to do trading ships then why are people going to raid other islands? or even make war with other clans. shure its easy to go to a treading ship but lets be honnes we do not want it it be to easy.

Greeds.

i get that part, but mods are for custom (unofficial) servers. 
custom servers can't host the entire 15x15 map as that's going to cost an insane amount of money. (225 servers)
so to still have access to all crops, a mod needs to be added, which is why i did this request/shared this idea.
(to craft blueprints you also need a mod for alternate versions of other materials, but due to ship weight limitations those can't be on merchant ships)

A merchant ship isn't a single coord location, which means you still need to travel and continuously explore

the price of the seeds suggested would make it interesting to fight at sea over gold when not yet at a merchant or seeds when returning.
besides, gathering resources from sunken ships for ship repairs, getting mythos, blueprints, tools, gear, prefabs and gold from other players or just getting revenge/griefing are also reasons to go to war.

Edited by BLiNNeMaNS

1 hour ago, BLiNNeMaNS said:

i get that part, but mods are for custom (unofficial) servers. 
custom servers can't host the entire 15x15 map as that's going to cost an insane amount of money. (225 servers)
so to still have access to all crops, a mod needs to be added, which is why i did this request/shared this idea.
(to craft blueprints you also need a mod for alternate versions of other materials, but due to ship weight limitations those can't be on merchant ships)

A merchant ship isn't a single coord location, which means you still need to travel and continuously explore

the price of the seeds suggested would make it interesting to fight at sea over gold when not yet at a merchant or seeds when returning.
besides, gathering resources from sunken ships for ship repairs, getting mythos, blueprints, tools, gear, prefabs and gold from other players or just getting revenge/griefing are also reasons to go to war.

So you are correct hosting the entire map would be expensive, however in private servers you can still get all biomes that was the entire point of the map editor.  So this mod would not be needed and would remove any purpose in going to the other biomes anyways.  There are plenty of providers offering a 1x1 server that has all the different biomes available.

12 hours ago, Vaenix said:

So you are correct hosting the entire map would be expensive, however in private servers you can still get all biomes that was the entire point of the map editor.  So this mod would not be needed and would remove any purpose in going to the other biomes anyways.  There are plenty of providers offering a 1x1 server that has all the different biomes available.

Oh how i wished you were right.. It was my assumption as well.. until i actually got a private server (tested both nitrado as g-portal) and flew over and explored them thoroughly. I created this topic after those negative testresults. 

Getting all biomes on a single map doesn't mean having all resource spawns.
it just means you get 1 or 2 islands of each biome, which is not enough to host all resources of that biome. 
Even if you host a single player 1x1, 2x1, 2x2 or 3x3 grid of a single biome doesn't necessarily mean you'll have access to all the resources that should grow in that biome.

and about not having to travel: tradeships, as stated earlier, actually travel as well. they also cross gridsections..
and as with all spawns in the "shootergame" engine: you can change the spawnweight to make tradeships even harder to find.

anyways, can't stress this enough:
the entire reason for this request is to get access to all seeds while keeping the need for travel..
The fun part: I gave the same reply (the entire point of the game is to travel and explore other islands) as you guys did to mine, when someone did a post requesting the primary foods to grow on the same island as the "dinos" that need them. That post was the trigger for me to try and find a solution that fits the already existing game mechanics. 

Tradeships follow a route on the map (the thin black lines) which cross gridtiles. I also suggested them not to have all seeds in stock at once. 

In additon: seeds are not the only thing you need travel for. You need to farm mythos to craft mythological blueprints and those same blueprints need materials from all biomes. same goes for upgrading crafted gear.. (if it states thatch 4x120, you need 4 types of thatch, not 480 of the same)

Edited by BLiNNeMaNS