Sign in to follow this  
hands solo

Something ive noticed in PVE

The pointlessness of you all having galleons and brigs - you never do anything with them anyway...! All I hear is moaning but I never see any action on the high seas against the ghosties. I have NEVER seen any ship fighting the ghosties in the time ive been online since the FIRST day on PVE servers. Come on the green ships are EASY in  a brig, we killed one trapped against the shore the other day with hatchets.  Ive seen a solo player do two out of three ghosties on youtube in a schooner, ok the third one one sunk him but that's because spawn ratio is out in the game. IMO there should be high spawn zones and low spawn zones. High spawn would be a different colour on the map and between 5 and 10 at any one time. Low spawn zones 1 to 3. medium 3-5 just an opinion. Of course the better resources would be on the islands in high spawn zones, deeming more than one ship sorties. 

Oh yes there is another way to destroy other peoples gear but you need a ghost ship trapped against the land. If you start to attack the hull of the ghost ship with your hatchett your going to have to build up your stamina -  youll find that once your away from the hull of the ghostie it will start to fire its canon balls at you lol, usually missing everytime. Run towards said friends base or gear and hide there and it will get the full force of ghostie cannonball attacks and destroy aforemetioned gear or base until its aggro timer stops. This was noticed and a side effect not an intentional attack on my fellow islanders settlement. You know who you are losing a smithy and a cooking pot. We killed the ghostie though with hatchets.

J

Edited by hands solo

We of the Imperial Dragon Company go out almost every day with our Brig to sink Ships of the Damned. We're hunting for high tier medium cannon blueprints, and medium plank/gunport blueprints.

Did you ever even killed a damned, i guess you didn't so let me explain it to you.

They don't give shit back, killing one give you 15 gold and a few crew ai, some useless music sheet and blueprints. So why the fuck would you even bother fighting them? All of this is pretty much in any crate. The only reason would be to replace a few crew members that died or fill in slots because you raised your crew limit. So risking your ship to fight them is a complete waste of resource, it's like a 99/1 ratio of risk vs reward, it's just that bad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ExplodingYeti said:

Did you ever even killed a damned, i guess you didn't so let me explain it to you.

They don't give shit back, killing one give you 15 gold and a few crew ai, some useless music sheet and blueprints. So why the fuck would you even bother fighting them? All of this is pretty much in any crate. The only reason would be to replace a few crew members that died or fill in slots because you raised your crew limit. So risking your ship to fight them is a complete waste of resource, it's like a 99/1 ratio of risk vs reward, it's just that bad.

Nonetheless, if fighting them is pointless, and brigs and galleons are Damned  magnets, why are people building them?  

My company in PvE mostly sticks to sloops and schooners, you pretty much have to ram into a Damned ship to aggro it with those, can easily flee the fight, and are very replacable if lost.

8 minutes ago, RyuujinZERO said:

Nonetheless, if fighting them is pointless, and brigs and galleons are Damned  magnets, why are people building them?  

My company in PvE mostly sticks to sloops and schooners, you pretty much have to ram into a Damned ship to aggro it with those, can easily flee the fight, and are very replacable if lost.

You raise an interesting point. I'd guess I'd say the only reason I can think of off the top of my head to build the larger ships would be (I assume anyway) larger weight carry capacity. I have a schooner. It has greater weight capacity than my sloop. It's probably fair to assume the same continues to be true as you get larger, but yes otherwise, why bother?

Then again, in a pve game, since trading is probably a big component of gameplay, having that extra carry weight would be no small advantage.

Edited by boomervoncannon

Galleon have barely any weight adventage over brig, it have however tons and tons of gunports, so that's battle ship. Also dunno why build a galleon on a PVE untill they make SoDs and any sea content actualy worth wasting time on, other than satisfaction it gives nothing to kill SoD, blueprints are kind of meh, especialy when they are random.

I think its safe to assume they will be adding more content. Devs mentioned player trading ports are coming in near future... perhaps there will be more. One quest is already in game, who knows what else they have in store for us

1 hour ago, Rage Ironfist said:

I think its safe to assume they will be adding more content. Devs mentioned player trading ports are coming in near future... perhaps there will be more. One quest is already in game, who knows what else they have in store for us

Considering they gonna give players more lvls and more points per lvl, that's safe to assume that they don't know how to make player trading since everyone gonna be able to craft whatever they please.

4 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Considering they gonna give players more lvls and more points per lvl, that's safe to assume that they don't know how to make player trading since everyone gonna be able to craft whatever they please.

Well I believe the majority of the forum fams asked for more skill points and levels because they didnt want to trade. So I believe that sentence is correct, lol. 

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Well I believe the majority of the forum fams asked for more skill points and levels because they didnt want to trade. So I believe that sentence is correct, lol. 

That's realy sad bcs hoped to be a merchant, being a one-man army.. kinda cool bcs long progression... but when everyone is a one-man army then what value have whatever we do?, now other than ppl who gonna waste their time for small bonuses from blueprints everyone gonna be mostly equal since at lvl 100 and increased points surely they gonna have all combat and crafting and sailing skills.

1 minute ago, Nightstrasza said:

That's realy sad bcs hoped to be a merchant, being a one-man army.. kinda cool bcs long progression... but when everyone is a one-man army then what value have whatever we do?, now other than ppl who gonna waste their time for small bonuses from blueprints everyone gonna be mostly equal since at lvl 100 and increased points surely they gonna have all combat and crafting and sailing skills.

Well if they would've balanced out the islands, resource wise, and that 1 company can only have 1 island, you could influence trade through that, if island 1 only has fiber and the other one only has wood for instance, trade will come. There could be a marketplace at every freeport per biome where you could buy the specific ones or from the islands themselves, but that would be more dangerous. Trading will never happen in this game. 

5 hours ago, Nightstrasza said:

That is already possible with free per level respec. Rare bluprints might be something that has trade value along with scarce/regional resources and tames. I not aware of anyone who would trade generic stuff you can simply respec to craft

18 minutes ago, Rage Ironfist said:

That is already possible with free per level respec. Rare bluprints might be something that has trade value along with scarce/regional resources and tames. I not aware of anyone who would trade generic stuff you can simply respec to craft

After lvl 51 there is no respecs, it will change however once they add extra 50 lvls, then 101 lvl wilt not have respec... but that won't matter anymore.

Edited by Nightstrasza

14 hours ago, ExplodingYeti said:

some useless music sheet and blueprints.

Considering killing Ships of the Damned is the only way to get Ship Part Blueprints... I don't think they're useless.

2 minutes ago, Dragonchampion said:

Considering killing Ships of the Damned is the only way to get Ship Part Blueprints... I don't think they're useless.

They drop ship parts?, must kill some.

well let's see. exploiters sink our ships with excess weight or crew shortly after launching said ships. Also bugged claim system is forcing players to stay home just to protect their ship building facilities. We might spend more time Sailing our ships than we spend building our ships.