NZScruffy

The only thing i'm interested in seeing in patch notes is overweight sinking fix

1 minute ago, Not Happy said:

Perhaps you should consider who you associate with.

I do consider it, I actively avoid sad arse do-gooders like yourself

2 minutes ago, MightySheep said:

I do consider it, I actively avoid sad arse do-gooders like yourself

That's because you're a complete end mate.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MightySheep said:

I know people who instead of farming resources, simply sail over to the nearby freeport, sink all the ships with weight and then harvest the wreckage. Its simply easier and more fun to do.

Don't post that on the forums, all of the haters that complained about people like you will come after you!!

"some people just want to see the world burn"

that farming sunk ships is faster and easier than harvesting ressources is not true, especially with the 2x ratio. 
you need to farm the ressources to sink them. this takes up time as well. also harvesting wreckage deals only part of the original ressources. 

what griefers do has nothing to do with it being "easier ". they just love to see people complaing. 

they get their enjoyment solely out of others people anger and frustration. and they simply prefer investing their time into doing everything to make sure that they harvest enough "tears". if the victims then vent their frustration, they even go one step further and call themselves doing "pvp" or "hey, its a pirate game, what do you expect".. this is especially ironic and sad for those doing it on pve servers. 
griefing here is extra low, because those victims probably chose PVE ot get away from this form of "PVP" in the first place. 

truly sad. 

• Like 3

They are looking at weight issues and are going to address it. Jesse stated this over on the Steam forums. Can't remember the exact topic it was posted in, but someone reported a weight issue being used to grief people and Jesse stated they are aware and will be addressing it.

Maybe it is not in the Patch notes yet as the way it will be addressed is not necessarily identified yet. But they are looking at it.

2 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

They are looking at weight issues and are going to address it. Jesse stated this over on the Steam forums. Can't remember the exact topic it was posted in, but someone reported a weight issue being used to grief people and Jesse stated they are aware and will be addressing it.

Maybe it is not in the Patch notes yet as the way it will be addressed is not necessarily identified yet. But they are looking at it.

this is good to hear. but why do I hear about it form you ? why is there not a single statement on this "OFFICIAL" forum ? 
dont get me wrong, I am thankful you told me. but all the others that are concerned about it and dont read this thread or are active on steam will never know about it. 

• Like 1

Just now, psykikk said:

this is good to hear. but why do I hear about it form you ? why is there not a single statement on this "OFFICIAL" forum ? 
dont get me wrong, I am thankful you told me. but all the others that are concerned about it and dont read this thread or are active on steam will never know about it. 

That's a question I can't answer, i'm just passing the info that I saw on here. 👍

39 minutes ago, psykikk said:

Maybe that's the real game....seeking the dev comment "treasures" wherever they may appear.

Patch notes version 86.3 - found at a Pokemon Go event in a pikachu hat.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, psykikk said:

that farming sunk ships is faster and easier than harvesting ressources is not true, especially with the 2x ratio. 
you need to farm the ressources to sink them. this takes up time as well. also harvesting wreckage deals only part of the original ressources. 

Just because you disagree with it doesnt mean you need to make stuff up or pretend like its not effective. You can get skills to improve harvesting shipwrecks and then turn you can turn the ingredients directly into ship panels using onboard smithy allowing you to carry much more. If it was quicker to hit trees then what would be the point of having ship wrecks at all?

On 1/7/2019 at 5:43 PM, Crimson Outlaw said:

I run my own unofficial server as well the easiest solution to this problem is to just remove the people doing the griefing because let's face it at the cost of running these server's yours can't be that big that you don't know and speak to everyone on it. Or a simple msg at log in warning people doing this will be banned because why would you want these type's of people even on your server.

Obviously, you haven't been running a server long, or with many people.  Or you'd know what you're saying isn't a solution at all, and isn't possible.

I have 100's of people who log in and play 24/7. The game doesn't log who overweight sinks a sship, so unless you are there to see it, you don't always know who's doing it. I don't know everyone who plays my server, I don't have 24 hrs every day to play and chat. I work a full-time job as well, and when I play, I play, I don't just run around being admin. Your comment is the same thing I hear from many people with limited to no server hosting experience.

* I do have broadcast warnings against PvP and PvP type activities.

* I have banned numerous people for this and other griefing/abuse.

* The majority of my players are respectful of other players and get along great.

These are standard practices for everything, this helps to alleviate the issue by minimizing the people who'd cause problems, but it's not at all a solution, and is simply a huge waste of my time and others who are victims or spend the time 'policing' the server for problem players. When all we need is an actual solution from Grapeshop that removes the exploit from the game.

21 hours ago, psykikk said:

its looks like the official servers are unmoderated, unprotected and uncared for. yes they maintain technical integrity and stability as good as they can. but I seriously doubt they ever logged onto their own game for more than a couple of minutes. the whole system shows that. 
they mabe tried to once if "mining works" or "taming interface comes up".. but never actually invested hours in taming something themselves, as well as mining something to build something big themselves. 

they dont have the slightest clue on how this weight griefing is actually done on theri servers. 
they have never seen a horde or players gliding onto a ship and unloading,

I don't think you are correct here. I think they are well aware of peoples complaints, and aware of the 'problems'. The thing to keep in mind is, grapeshot devs 'enjoy' making trouble, making things difficult for players. They WANT players to be frustrated and struggling, they believe it makes a good game. If players are not complaining, they'd introduce harsher things to deal with until players do. They know there are problems, they simply don't care.

They also don't give a rats ass about PvE. If it was up to them, they wouldn't have PvE at all. It's only there due to overwhelming demand from players.

Edited by NZScruffy

5 hours ago, MightySheep said:

Just because you disagree with it doesnt mean you need to make stuff up or pretend like its not effective. You can get skills to improve harvesting shipwrecks and then turn you can turn the ingredients directly into ship panels using onboard smithy allowing you to carry much more. If it was quicker to hit trees then what would be the point of having ship wrecks at all?

I have to admit I only recently salvaged my first wreckage and I stand corrected: it IS much, much faster. 
so , for PVP I wholeheartedly agree with the statetement that it is a very effective and efficient way to get materials. 

YET 
in PVE, this should not be possible. (and I dont mean the salvaging, but the way to sik ships that way)

also: only because it technically works in the game as of now, does not make it a viable way in terms of "works as intended". 
The video that can be seen on Youtube showing how to explot it clearly shows mechanics that clearly are not what could have ever been the intention of the developers. 

So sinking a ship with weight might work, but it should need many many more people doing it. Not just one person with exploited overloading. 

9 hours ago, NZScruffy said:

Obviously, you haven't been running a server long, or with many people.  Or you'd know what you're saying isn't a solution at all, and isn't possible.

I have 100's of people who log in and play 24/7. The game doesn't log who overweight sinks a sship, so unless you are there to see it, you don't always know who's doing it. I don't know everyone who plays my server, I don't have 24 hrs every day to play and chat. I work a full-time job as well, and when I play, I play, I don't just run around being admin. Your comment is the same thing I hear from many people with limited to no server hosting experience.

* I do have broadcast warnings against PvP and PvP type activities.

* I have banned numerous people for this and other griefing/abuse.

* The majority of my players are respectful of other players and get along great.

These are standard practices for everything, this helps to alleviate the issue by minimizing the people who'd cause problems, but it's not at all a solution, and is simply a huge waste of my time and others who are victims or spend the time 'policing' the server for problem players. When all we need is an actual solution from Grapeshop that removes the exploit from the game.

Rofl  I have plenty of time running server's son I'm retired and was hosting server's before you knew what a computer was and clearly your full off crap and just want your name up in light's as you do not have 100's off people playing this game as a 2x2 cluster cost's around $70-$100 per month for 10 spots and clearly you have to work for a living  as you said, then you could not possibly afford a Altas server for 100's off  people, you will be having trouble with the pixie people under your bed next.  I hear many of your kind having a sook about  these type's of problem's but very rarely a solution, which is just sad as this problem is very easy fixed all the have to do is remove the weight sinking feature and replace it with the one the animals have to much and you don't move problem solved.

13 minutes ago, Crimson Outlaw said:

Rofl  I have plenty of time running server's son I'm retired and was hosting server's before you knew what a computer was and clearly your full off crap and just want your name up in light's as you do not have 100's off people playing this game as a 2x2 cluster cost's around $70-$100 per month for 10 spots and clearly you have to work for a living  as you said, then you could not possibly afford a Altas server for 100's off  people, you will be having trouble with the pixie people under your bed next.  I hear many of your kind having a sook about  these type's of problem's but very rarely a solution, which is just sad as this problem is very easy fixed all the have to do is remove the weight sinking feature and replace it with the one the animals have to much and you don't move problem solved.

This is not true, problem would not be solved by just making overweight boats not move.

I can see one exploit already for that kind of "feature", you could stay at freeport with a raft and tons of storage on it, you dont need to move the raft thats just secure storage for you in a freeport... While you do whatever you want, farm more safely in freeport for example.

Fact that you can't put unlimited weight into ships forces people to go out find some land even if in lawless to at leas be able to put some storage on the ground as ships especially rafts do not store enough for a player to get started.

I would just remove the incentive to grief by making wrecks instant disappear like our bodies when they sink in freeports... Or at the very least if overweight the ship/raft doesn't move AND nothing more can be stored in any storage, no crafting sations can be used until the ship/raft is not overweight anymore.

Edited by Will Parrot

18 minutes ago, Will Parrot said:

This is not true, problem would not be solved by just making overweight boats not move.

I can see one exploit already for that kind of "feature", you could stay at freeport with a raft and tons of storage on it, you dont need to move the raft thats just secure storage for you in a freeport... While you do whatever you want, farm more safely in freeport for example.

Fact that you can't put unlimited weight into ships forces people to go out find some land even if in lawless to at leas be able to put some storage on the ground as ships especially rafts do not store enough for a player to get started.

I would just remove the incentive to grief by making wrecks instant disappear like our bodies when they sink in freeports... Or at the very least if overweight the ship/raft doesn't move AND nothing more can be stored in any storage, no crafting sations can be used until the ship/raft is not overweight anymore.

What a weak excuse to not fix an exploit. Not every of them care about resources, ppl just do it to piss off others aswell if not mostly. Would rather prefer having a 20k weight sleeper on ship than have no ship at all. And as for freeports, the thing that forces them away is decay and 8 lvl cap, not some resource limit.

40 minutes ago, Crimson Outlaw said:

...you do not have 100's off people playing this game as a 2x2 cluster cost's around $70-$100 per month for 10 spots and clearly you have to work for a living  as you said, then you could not possibly afford a Altas server for 100's off  people...

For someone who's retired and has so much free time and experience you'd think you would have heard of using your own dedicated machine 😛

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

What a weak excuse to not fix an exploit. Not every of them care about resources, ppl just do it to piss off others aswell if not mostly. Would rather prefer having a 20k weight sleeper on ship than have no ship at all. And as for freeports, the thing that forces them away is decay and 8 lvl cap, not some resource limit.

Whenever you fix anything you have to take into account what side effects there would be. Fixing an exploit at the cost of another one is a poor decision making.

What is forcing out of freeports is much more than only that, if you want to list everything we can go on a bit:

Even without decay and lvl 8 cap you'd have to move away eventually because of:

Instant corpse despawn
Impossibility to build anything on the ground (no shipyard...)
Impossibility to store any much without multiplying rafts (cause of weight limit)
And missing of some ressources
And impossibility of taming anything...

Gosh can't even end finding new reasons to move away

Edited by Will Parrot

The simplest fix for the weight exploit without harming PvP interaction is simply to make it so that ANCHORED ships cannot be sunk by weight/over-crewing.

• Non-allied players can still get aboard.
  • Over-encumbering or over-crewing a ship is still dangerous and cannot be exploited by the owner.
  • Player inventory weight still matters for long distance travel.
  • It's extremely difficult for someone to grief a moving ship at sea, far from land this way since they would have to travel out to you on a boat too.
  • If someone boards you in transit near land, you're also close to a place to anchor safely; sinking doesn't happen instantly, it takes a while.
Edited by RyuujinZERO
  • Like 2

On 1/6/2019 at 9:18 AM, Jorm said:

I Keep my Ladders up and when i Log off i demolish everything that can be used to sink my Ship. I Rebuild if needed, Annoying but better than Loosing The Ship bc. off this Shit!

People can still get on your ship by jumping from another one.

5 minutes ago, Zei said:

People can still get on your ship by jumping from another one.

or Grap hook which they WILL be using anyway as you can drag the overweighted person about full speed.

14 hours ago, Crimson Outlaw said:

lol... wtf?  You literally have no idea wtf you are talking about. Anyone who wants to can see my servers stats , which you clearly haven't bothered to look at before pulling wildly incorrect claims out of your arse. As for solutions, try reading the forums, you'll find my solutions (including the one you just mentioned). And the reason I host my own servers is to solve the many problems Wildcard/Snal games and Grapeshot fails to. I'm ALL about solutions. You are wrong in everything you said in that post. Clearly, there's no point in discussing this with you, your input is worth nothing to the discussion. I'll just ignore you from here on out.