youllupukki

Getting tired of this

It's already fourth time I'v wasted 12hrs of my life.

On early game Freeport is a thing for get reallife stuff to be done.

But my Sloop sunk again. It has all planks 1000HP, no damages at all. Crew limit was rised to 5. No open starages to overweight it. So Like normal sloop but game says it sunk. But HOW ? If it has lot of HP to sailing but not at freeport? It decays at 345HP/Hr rate. I calculated that I got 12HRs for reallife stuff, dropped anchor in Freeport. Came back after 9Hrs and according to my calculations it has to be 1000Hp planks and good to go. Yep it has 1000hp but sunk.

HOW it's a realthing? What the rules in freeports? How it sunk? Just because? That game is really time consuming to be "because fc you that's why". I saw a lot of sunk ships with full hull of good to sail planks.

All planks alive
http://prntscr.com/m3m3io

All have 1000Hp
http://prntscr.com/m3m3r1

So why it sunk? How I should sleep and work? It's really frustrating without clear rules of freeport staying.

I bet we ended up with galleons of megatribes and billions of nerfed sloops from freeport all over the seas bacause game mechanics not working for middle class players.  

• Like 1

It sunk because a player overloaded it's weight limit and sunk it, then salvaged everything and took all your items.

This isn't a new thing. 1000's of players are victims of it, and grapeshot is doing absolutely nothing at all about it...

• Like 1

Nope. All stuff on board. I took it from it. Ship limit is 5 so it not that easy to overload it. But may be. How to know exactly?

There appears to be a Decay value for the freeports.  I am in the process of trying to track exactly at what rate it drops.  I am seeing the same thing as I am anchored in a freeport right now and trying to guage when repair will be needed before its destroyed.  All parts of the boat that touch the water is what is impacted by this decay everything on the deck is fine.

I was thinking it was the same thing that people were over loading the ship but that now does not appear to be the case.

Edited by Pwnybadger

1 minute ago, Pwnybadger said:

There appears to be a Decay value for the freeports.  I am in the process of trying to track exactly at what rate it drops.  I am seeing the same thing as I am anchored in a freeport right now and trying to guage when repair will be needed before its destroyed.  All parts of the boat that touch the water is what is impacted by this decay everything on the deck is fine.

I was thinking it was the same thing that people were over loading the ship but that now does not appear to be the case.

345hp in 1hr. I calculated it already. But ship sinks at 1025hp.

From what I've seen/Experienced when planks hit around the 1100 and below mark they have a chance to spring leaks if not repaired.  And will sink via that.  So I would calculate your time -1200 to be safe.

3 hours ago, youllupukki said:

Nope. All stuff on board. I took it from it. Ship limit is 5 so it not that easy to overload it. But may be. How to know exactly?

Sadly it is very easy. Search on youtube. I have seen guys on stream do it, they can sink your ship in a couple of min. You can even do it solo in any non freeport zone. In freeport you need a few guys, still is super easy.

Ship decay in Freeport is a topic that constantly crops up on here and it's surprising people still don't know about it.  For a Raft, decay in Freeport is about 1,000hp per hour since they sink after 10 hours.  Other boats, no idea, but the -1,000hp/hour might serve as an indicator.