Sign in to follow this  
Maxi

WHY ARE YOU NERFING TAMED ANIMALS????

WnoCq88.png

THis one is my favorite because I loved that Lion.. and it died to a level 1....

Edited by Aviate
  • Sad 2

"I watched some of the fight everyone is referencing. Not picking sides here at all but at one point they had a wolf swimming towards a boat with like 10+ arrows in it and it was being shot with guns and cannons...it turned around and ran off...that seems a bit OP eh? "

Being frank, when wild animals can have 5-10 arrows in them without a problem and they're unleveled. . .

17 hours ago, Aviate said:

No they're not. You shoot them in the face and do as much damage as you do to non-tamed pets, leveling them doesn't magically make them super strong. When a level 50 tiger can die to a level 3 snake, they are NOT strong. They die EASY. The streamers just don't know wtf they are doing and HIT DETECTION in this game sucks BAD.

I have lvl 30 wolves with 600-700 hp, they don't have problems killing mobs 1on1

On 1/6/2019 at 9:47 AM, Arnesto said:

I watched some of the fight everyone is referencing. Not picking sides here at all but at one point they had a wolf swimming towards a boat with like 10+ arrows in it and it was being shot with guns and cannons...it turned around and ran off...that seems a bit OP eh?

I agree they had been unprepared for the ground attack but the mounts seems to have way too many HP's or armor or both.  

It's a pretty big deal though when the people complaining about the "over powered mounts" are using the wrong weaponry (cannons) to attack the wrong targets (players and wolves)  It may not be realistic but for balance reasons some weaponry is designed to kill players and suck at siege stuff, and vice versa.  Now tames will die even faster to wild creatures, which they ALREADY were very weak against and they don't have 2k HP like people seem to have claimed, no where close.  For all we know the defenders had some high quality saddles which gave added armor.  Had they used some carbines and got a few headshots I bet those wolves would have dropped.

The hitboxes are a big issue of course too, but you fix hitboxes, not nerf HP and damage resistance.  These sort of things should be tested more internally before they go announcing huge changes.  You definitely shouldn't ever make knee jerk changes in reaction to unprepared players who are just not using the mechanics correctly.

Sieging someone's base on an island SHOULD be hard to do.  It should take planning, resources and time.  Tames need to have a purpose besides just harvesting some stuff and with how easily they die in the wild to low level mobs (let alone alphas) there isn't a ton of use after this nerf hits other than gathering.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1