Sign in to follow this  
reapo

Future of lawless regions?

If I'm not mistaken, the lawless regions were created to help with the extreme load of players trying to spawn in correct? So from what I understand, the hype train is going down and companies that are sufficiently established are losing players left and right and my allies and me are picking them up in our respective companies, so spawning into freeports shouldnt be an issue.

Will the lawless regions revert back to normal islands for my land claim opportunity?

I don't think anyone knows for sure yet.  Devs haven't said anything about it that I've heard.  It does seem like the logical next step to revert slowly back to the way they originally tried to release but I don't think anyone even knows if the bordering lawless spawn islands allowed claiming even before they added the spawns to em.

It's possible that the lawless zones were the same as all the uncharted claimable land and they turned claiming off and added spawns just to help people get in

OR

It's possible the lawless zones were meant to be unclaimable borders with pvp the same as they are now and they just added spawners so people could get in during the clusterfuck launch.  This seems likely since they border the free ports and it gives sort of a staging setup for new players.  Freeport you're totally safe, move to lawless where you can find more resources and can build but can't  claim land, then move out further to actually claim and own land.

My friend and I have a base on a lawless island, mind our own business, share when someone asks etc. We're veterans of survival games, and think Atlas has a ton of potential. We love sailing around the world for rare supplies, and hunting for treasure.

However, if the clusterf*ck that is flag claims with all its built-in passive-aggressiveness, and seeming imperviousness to bug-fixes comes to Lawless, we're probably out. After the horror show of the last two weeks we just don't think that the system will ever work. That there will be someone somehow always trying to grief you.

For the record, my friend and I are veterans of PvP games, DAoC, GW2, the up-coming Camelot Unchained, Planetside 2, the Rising Storm games etc. But when we play PvE we expect that passive-aggressive schmucks that you can't kill in PvP won't be able to interfere with your game.  

Edited by Ringo O'Rourke
  • Like 3

Well they said a couple days again they were going to release a major update but due to an issue with companies they had to revert the changes. What was going to happen was that players weren't going to be able to spawn at lawless regions anymore and a lot of players speculated that the lawless regions would revert back to regular islands.

Lawless is the Ghetto of Atlas. I dont PVP there, the guys who try are without clue and skill, why start a beggar war between poor brothers ?

But a perfect place to raid land owners and take their stuff.

Lawless is Tortuga while claimed land is Port Royale LOL

It is retarded i'm sailing for hours and every island is bllod red completly??! Fix this or this game hast 10 huge companys and nothing left

I seriously doubt there is any plan to ever make Lawless claimable. Not only would that piss off a LOT of people who have already setup bases there, it doesn't make much sense. New players need an area to setup and get established before they head out into the world to try and compete for claims. Lawless provides that pretty well the way it is. If it were claimable, it'd be nearly impossible for new players to get a start. 

7 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

I seriously doubt there is any plan to ever make Lawless claimable. Not only would that piss off a LOT of people who have already setup bases there, it doesn't make much sense. New players need an area to setup and get established before they head out into the world to try and compete for claims. Lawless provides that pretty well the way it is. If it were claimable, it'd be nearly impossible for new players to get a start. 

this game is fu...ed i'm sailing for hours and everywhere red it is fu...ing unbelieviable...the headstart people got in this game during the server probs is unbeatable

I see dino gate fort after dino gate fort.

Edited by [RG]Colt