Sign in to follow this  

What is with these BPs

13 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

You probably play and a 3*3 unofficial server where you can literally get to every biome in the game without a few minutes sailing!  

What's wrong with that?  I'm playing with a group of civil adults, and for the most part, having a blast.  Definitely seems a lot better than how things are going on the public servers.... And a 3x3 is still hours and hours and hours of sailing and things to explore, especially since on a private server you can handpick which islands you get.  After we reset and rebuilt our map, we now have an amazing collection of islands, each one cool in it's own right with amazing places to build and things to explore.  

7 hours ago, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

Garbage to you, but not garbage to min/maxers and mega tribes that have access to pretty much all resources easily. Higher HP walls can be the difference between your enemy having to make an extra trip or two back to their boat carrying heavy ass explosives or breaking through your walls in a single trip.

This thread is just a prime example of whiners with instant gratification issues and little babies mad they aren't being handed their silver spoon. The same type of idiots who grew up on WoW and participation trophies and demand access to everything at what THEY deem reasonable grinding, which means very little.

I agree with the first part of your post.  There will be some mega companies that build their base out of the best of the best stuff.  The second part of your post though... wow.  Seems a lot of your message gets lost in a wave of hostility and name calling.  More people would probably listen if your posts didn't come across as so abrasive or hostile.

And a few things that seem apparent (and not directed at Peggy Leggy specifically, but a lot of the posts in this thread): there's a lot of complaining about the low tier junk recipes.  No kidding no one isn't going to go out of their way to build a fine that wall, or a legendary floor, or even mythic wooden wall.  But a small treasury in the heart of your base made of mythic stone... that's bound to deter a lot of people!  Or at least make them really work for it.  The junk that you pull out of a bobbing pile of junk floating in the sea is worth just as much as the two or three gold coins you also get from it.  Or the stale biscuit.  It's exactly that - junk.  The good stuff you get from treasure hunting, not from sifting through debris.

But all in all, I find the blueprint system pretty interesting at it's core.  Granted, it has some flaws (like needing the skill to craft a common one... almost useless), but it's got some neat concepts that encourage exploration (and thus conflict on PVP servers) as well as teamwork and trade.  I just crafted my first common plate chest yesterday just for fun.  And I realized you can then further invest in the gear to upgrade it.  It's only a common BP and the upgrades are pretty useless (seriously, increasing armor by 0.005?  Really?), but I'm now travelling around to gather the mats to build a legendary (I think legendary?  The one that requires 5x of each) fur armor with a thermal insulation of +95 in hopes that it will keep one of my company mates alive on her frozen-death-over-and-over island (even inside, standing next to a fire, with fur armor).  And, in a sandbox environment, that's exactly what we need: random things to do and occupy our time.  Some players find it tedious or a waste of time, other players enjoy it.  And if this armor can also be upgraded more than the common plate chest, I'm pretty excited to see what a high tier carbine or flintlocks can do!  If higher tier recipes for guns make more powerful guns... well, I can definitely see those being in hot demand, real fast!  (note: a Fine shipyard will not make your ships any better, just a bit of extra durability in the shipyard.  Not worth it, in my opinion)

4 minutes ago, Domino said:

Seems a lot of your message gets lost in a wave of hostility and name calling.  More people would probably listen if your posts didn't come across as so abrasive or hostile.

Partially true. I probably still wouldn't listen since he/she was missing the point of my post entirely.  But yea, extra hostile and the constant name calling and swearing is a clear indication of the inability to a make an argument. I honestly don't know why someone would be so butt hurt over a post they don't agree with

16 minutes ago, AvatarRoku said:

I honestly don't know why someone would be so butt hurt over a post they don't agree with

I was agreeing, right up until you dipped to the same level.

10 hours ago, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

Sure, you can make a double wall with basic craft walls, or you can make a double wall with legendary walls, further increasing the amount of explosives required to get through your walls, giving you more time beat them back.

How you still don't understand is a mystery to me. You remind me of the guy who can't wrap his head around a ton of feathers weighing the same as a ton of bricks. I'll try to break out down simply for you one last time. For simplicity sake let's say the time it takes to make a legendary wall (x5) is 5 times that of a standard wall. Obviously It's waaay longer due to travel but lets just say 5. And judging by the masterwork and journeyman bps let's say that legendary wall has 200% durability. If it took you 30 hrs to fully double wall your base that would be a total of 400% for 30hrs. If you spent that same 30hrs layering basic stone walls you would have a total of 1000% durability. This scale on forever so you saying "well you can just double wall legendaries" means nothing. You will always end up better of with basic structures instead of high tier structures unless they improve how blue prints work

Edited by AvatarRoku
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Domino said:

I was agreeing, right up until you dipped to the same level.

I'm generally not a "take the high road" kinda person and while I have 0 qualms stooping to whatever low an adversary decides to take it i can assure you this isn't it lol. There is a catalog of "colorful" language I could have used but I made my points multiple times and quite clearly without calling anyone names or tossing out swears like confetti. Also, if that's all it takes for you to not agree then you probably never really did in the first place

6 hours ago, AvatarRoku said:

How you still don't understand is a mystery to me. You remind me of the guy who can't wrap his head around a ton of feathers weighing the same as a ton of bricks. I'll try to break out down simply for you one last time. For simplicity sake let's say the time it takes to make a legendary wall (x5) is 5 times that of a standard wall. Obviously It's waaay longer due to travel but lets just say 5. And judging by the masterwork and journeyman bps let's say that legendary wall has 200% durability. If it took you 30 hrs to fully double wall your base that would be a total of 400% for 30hrs. If you spent that same 30hrs layering basic stone walls you would have a total of 1000% durability. This scale on forever so you saying "well you can just double wall legendaries" means nothing. You will always end up better of with basic structures instead of high tier structures unless they improve how blue prints work

Yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

The BP's are fine, you just have issues understanding what a Sandbox MMO is and how the devs want people trading for materials, or going on voyages to obtain them. You know you can build most of your base with just normal walls and then just put high level wall BP's around important stuff, right? Do you really need your 3 wall wide port wall made entirely out of legendary BP's? You keep crying about the same thing which boils down to "it's too much work". You totally seem like the kind of person who yells Trump isn't your president. I wonder how much balling your eyes out you'd do if you ever played Everquest, or EVE. "Waaaa mining V isn't worth it, devs you need to make it only take 1 day and increase yield by 5,000% so I can build a titan in a day!" It's literally people like you, and your constant crying, that get devs to cave to the vocal minority on the actual decent parts of a game that ruin them for the majority.

It seems all very new/foreign concept to you and you don't like it. Maybe this game just isn't for you. Try Hello Kitty Online, you'd probably be a good fit there as I'd assume nothing but toddlers play it. Or maybe fortnight with the rest of the mental midgets who play it.

Edited by Cpt. Peggy Leggy

I think people are fine working for the mats, I am too, i want to sail, love being out and coming back 1hr - 2hrs later, but the question is "is it worth the time?" this doesn't mean people want the best of the best straight away, they just want when something drops it has them saying "hmm, i could use this in someway?" instead of "A 0.1% increase in wall hp? Not sure if that's worth my time or effort" I'm on PvE, but on PvP i can imagine leaving your base for long periods of time can be almost suicide , imho, the BP need to be worth the time traveling around the globe to get if i could potential get raided while i'm gone.

For example, you could get a BP that has morta res, or cannon res and you have to pick what would be more useful or you could farm in hopes of getting one that has both

it' may for the min/maxers as you say, but the majority of players aren't min/maxers, that's the case with any game. 

I feel they need to get more pg with the BPs, more intresting more dynamic

... You are aware it's an exploration game right?

They did that on purpose to make you leave your base and stop peeking through the blinds while clutching a gun.

While i agree, in it's current form it's not worth it for building pieces, however it may be for weapons, tools and armor.

An ax that can gather 14 per swing instead of 9 will add up very quickly.

a pike that can kill in 3 hits instead of 5 would be a big difference.

Plate that has almost no speed penalty could be huge.

40 minutes ago, Herasea said:

I think people are fine working for the mats, I am too, i want to sail, love being out and coming back 1hr - 2hrs later, but the question is "is it worth the time?"

That's a decision you have to make on a personal level. Just because you make a decision of "it's not worth it to me" doesn't mean other people aren't all "fuck yeah! time to make this stuff!"

this doesn't mean people want the best of the best straight away, they just want when something drops it has them saying "hmm, i could use this in someway?" 

Welcome to RNG. Not every single blueprint is going to be useful. You'll be throwing a lot of BP's out if you set a super high threshold in what is worth it for you, but everyone's view of what is "worthy" is going to be different. If something isn't high enough for you toss it and keep hoping RNGesus is kind to you.

I'm on PvE, but on PvP i can imagine leaving your base for long periods of time can be almost suicide

No, not really. I haven't seen my base in 4 days. Nothing has died, but then again I'm not playing this game solo or in a tiny company with unrealistic expectations of being able to hold a prime island in the middle of a mega tribe's sphere of influence.

the BP need to be worth the time traveling around the globe

At most a few sectors north/south. This is not an unreasonable distance. It's the same with seeds for crops, which you're going to be traveling a lot farther for.

I feel they need to get more pg with the BPs, more intresting more dynamic

I feel the BP's are fine and overall a vast improvement over ARK's system.

10 hours ago, Domino said:

What's wrong with that?  I'm playing with a group of civil adults, and for the most part, having a blast.  Definitely seems a lot better than how things are going on the public servers.... And a 3x3 is still hours and hours and hours of sailing and things to explore, especially since on a private server you can handpick which islands you get.  After we reset and rebuilt our map, we now have an amazing collection of islands, each one cool in it's own right with amazing places to build and things to explore.  

Nothing is wrong with playing on a private server however there is a very different balance on a private server, you don't even have to leave the zone to get different wood just go to the island 5 minutes away....  So there is a completely different equation length of time to aquire 4 different types of wood for instance is dramatically reduced bye a factor of many hours!  So in that situation many BP's become far more viable...  Is that bad no...  The BP's actually are far more balanced and usable in private servers and nothing about that is bad....  but this forum is not to balance things for unofficial this forum is here to balance things for the official servers!

• Like 1

wow... it made a post without swearing or insulting 😮... Oh wait... nvm

Edited by AvatarRoku

3 hours ago, RogueLdr said:

... You are aware it's an exploration game right?

They did that on purpose to make you leave your base and stop peeking through the blinds while clutching a gun.

While i agree, in it's current form it's not worth it for building pieces, however it may be for weapons, tools and armor.

An ax that can gather 14 per swing instead of 9 will add up very quickly.

a pike that can kill in 3 hits instead of 5 would be a big difference.

Plate that has almost no speed penalty could be huge.

Yes for weapons tool and armor it MAY be worthwhile. Ignore the nonsense this peggy person started and just look at my original post. I dont have a problem spending huge amounts of time gathering. My issue that some people cant seem to understand is that the reward is not appropriate to the time spent. (and also the intelligence stat is kinda trash)

Yeah, i pretty much drop anything that isn't tools, weapons or armor bp.

But at this point, until more content is added, chasing these mats gives me something to do hehe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

but this forum is not to balance things for unofficial this forum is here to balance things for the official servers!

Oh, I thought this forum was to discuss topics about the game in general.  Yep, I double checked, it says General Discussion and doesn't mention "only for official servers" anywhere that I can see.  In fact, if the game wasn't meant to be played on private servers they wouldn't have released the files to allow it.  Thus, I assume I'm permitted to post here.

Once the dust has settled, I'll likely consider joining a public server, too, but in the meantime I'm more than happy on a private server.  And I'll continue discussing it in these forums. 🙂