Sign in to follow this  

What is with these BPs

3 minutes ago, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

If you could get everything you needed form one single island this game would be pretty fucking boring. You're supposed to either have to go out and get the extra materials, or you can trade for them, it's what makes the higher level BP's hard to make, which means they sell well.

So yes, yes you are crying.

Holy fuck the amount of crying from Peggy Leggy is insane. Try learning how to mind your business? It's a god damn FORUM FOR AN EARLY ACCESS GAME. You know you can just not comment if it bothers you that much, right??

Holy jesus.

1 minute ago, Sulfurblade said:

Your missing the damn point....

Time = Build 1 wall from a blue print or 2 normal walls 2 layers thick?  Which is faster to do???  (Answer is build 2 walls)

If you want to run all over the world go for it but most people are simply going to put a second or third layer on because it takes far less time!!!

Why not 3 layers of legendary BP walls? Oh my! 

1 minute ago, Sulfurblade said:

Your missing the damn point....

Time = Build 1 wall from a blue print or 2 normal walls 2 layers thick?  Which is faster to do???  (Answer is build 2 walls)

If you want to run all over the world go for it but most people are simply going to put a second or third layer on because it takes far less time!!!

And also those walls have like 5-25% more health, not like 2x in case o putting just a second layer.

1 minute ago, Nightstrasza said:

And also those walls have like 5-25% more health, not like 2x in case o putting just a second layer.

The HP adds up. If you have a BP with 25% more HP and add 3 layers of those walls that's 75% more HP total. You people just really love crying. Try playing something else.

2 minutes ago, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

Why not 3 layers of legendary BP walls? Oh my! 

Pointless overkill....  it takes 100 cannonballs to break 1 stone wall...  again if you want to travel all over the world to find the mats for 3 layers of walls knock yourself out its YOUR TIME you are spending POORLY....

2 minutes ago, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

The HP adds up. If you have a BP with 25% more HP and add 3 layers of those walls that's 75% more HP total. You people just really love crying. Try playing something else.

Weapons and tools of fine and higher quality are fine. Some tools doesn't even do anything with higher quality, like scissors, saddles etc. But buildings, who cares, would not bother if they don't give atleast 50% already on fine quality. If the buildings also had some stats attached to them, right now is just pure hp while our armor can have like up to 4 different extra stats.

Edited by Nightstrasza

3 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Pointless overkill....  it takes 100 cannonballs to break 1 stone wall...  again if you want to travel all over the world to find the mats for 3 layers of walls knock yourself out its YOUR TIME you are spending POORLY....

THE. DON'T. USE. THE. GOD. DAMN. BPS.

Holy shit why are you people STILL crying over this?

"omg i have to travel to get all the stuff to make stuff on these legendary BP's waaaa they aren't worth it anyway but im still cryin cause idk why waaaaaaaaa i just want ot cry waaaaaaaa"

HOLY. SHIT.

Edited by Cpt. Peggy Leggy

Just now, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

HOLY COW its early access, time to TEST, and BALANCE, what part of that goes over your head?!?  And guess what I don't freaking use them they get tossed in the ocean cause there not worth taking up inventory space inside of my storage!!!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

"omg i have to travel to get all the stuff to make stuff on these legendary BP's waaaa they aren't worth it anyway but im still cryin cause idk why waaaaaaaaa i just want ot cry waaaaaaaa"

HOLY. SHIT.

I think you might need a Snickers.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

HOLY COW its early access, time to TEST, and BALANCE, what part of that goes over your head?!?  And guess what I don't freaking use them they get tossed in the ocean cause there not worth taking up inventory space inside of my storage!!!!

Maybe they aren't worth it to you, but to other people they are. How about you just stop your incessant fcking crying? Just because YOU don't find it useful, doesn't mean others haven't used every single wall BP they've found because they ARE useful. Just because YOU don't want to farm the mats for them doesn't mean others aren't.

Just now, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

Maybe they aren't worth it to you, but to other people they are. How about you just stop your incessant fcking crying? Just because YOU don't find it useful, doesn't mean others haven't used every single wall BP they've found because they ARE useful. Just because YOU don't want to farm the mats for them doesn't mean others aren't.

At this point I am really starting to think that you don't even play on the official servers!

You probably play and a 3*3 unofficial server where you can literally get to every biome in the game without a few minutes sailing!  

Not to mention you don't have to contend with EACH biome being a Walled in fortress of Rapid Firing Mortar guns ready to sink your ship and a horde of angry kids trying to repel onto your ship naked to break your bed!...

You may at this point actually have forgotten you play on a unofficial server where you x10 harvest rates and carry weight isn't the normal game experience!!!

But finally the last and final point that has already been made is:

THIS IS EARLY ACCESS

And OUR JOBS AS PLAYERS is to provide feedback to properly balance the game!!!

• Like 1

I really like the BP system (minus the skill requirements).  Having multiple resources required to craft an item makes it not only a coveted item, but also more difficult to acquire.  It adds the chance of a good drop plus some skill.  I think this makes RNG better (it attaches something other than just chance).  Just having a higher resource amount requirement attached to high quality BPs doesn't add anything to the game but farming, grinding and complete RNG; pointless and without depth.  Having different types of the same resource?  That adds challenge, depth and quality!

Once created, the item shouldn't have a skill point gate for quality.  I can see, and agree with, a skill needed for the item class (pike, sword, armor types, etc...), but having skill requirements for quality seems a bit too much.  You know how to use a sword, but magically don't have the ability to pick up a high quality one?  It makes more sense that you cannot use a sword because you have not learned how to use it properly.  The specialization skills that gate the quality items could simply apply more affinity to the item type instead of "i can use a higher quality now" skill.  Maybe the quality skill points can be used elsewhere or apply a buff when using the item that rewards the point(s) spent in that tree.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tobekan said:

I really like the BP system (minus the skill requirements).  Having multiple resources required to craft an item makes it not only a coveted item, but also more difficult to acquire.  It adds the chance of a good drop plus some skill.  I think this makes RNG better (it attaches something other than just chance).  Just having a higher resource amount requirement attached to high quality BPs doesn't add anything to the game but farming, grinding and complete RNG; pointless and without depth.  Having different types of the same resource?  That adds challenge, depth and quality!

Once created, the item shouldn't have a skill point gate for quality.  I can see, and agree with, a skill needed for the item class (pike, sword, armor types, etc...), but having skill requirements for quality seems a bit too much.  You know how to use a sword, but magically don't have the ability to pick up a high quality one?  It makes more sense that you cannot use a sword because you have not learned how to use it properly.  The specialization skills that gate the quality items could simply apply more affinity to the item type instead of "i can use a higher quality now" skill.  Maybe the quality skill points can be used elsewhere or apply a buff when using the item that rewards the point(s) spent in that tree.

There is a far better way to get what you want that also promotes the economy!

Dedicated profession's

Right now the only BP's worth holding onto are typically Equipment BP's like a Carbine or Armor etc...

The game has needed from day 1....

Dedicated Professions, the best armorsmiths in the server should have a deep robust skill tree, where there skill and experimentation will dictate the quality of the item because there a really good armorsmith.  And a Blueprint should not allow them to make a better version of the common item a blue print should allow them to make a Rare Item thats not available any other way!  (Of course first obvious problem with this is they haven't even balanced the equipment currently in the game, and now I am adding a path for more work)

No I would be far more excited to actually loot a section of wall then a wall blue print atleast then I feel like its something of value as it just saved me time from having to make a wall piece!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tobekan said:

Once created, the item shouldn't have a skill point gate for quality.  I can see, and agree with, a skill needed for the item class (pike, sword, armor types, etc...), but having skill requirements for quality seems a bit too much.  You know how to use a sword, but magically don't have the ability to pick up a high quality one? 

They want people to specialize themselves down weapon paths and not just have every single one with 1 point in every tree. If all you had to do is put 1 point in the tree and have the ability to use the highest quality weapons then the rest of the tree is pointless. Think of it as having to "hone" your skill to use better weapons. It's not completely unthinkable. I mean no average human pulled Arthur's sword from the stone, did they? 

The trees are separated into basically 2 sub-trees, one side for crafting, one side for wielding and I don't think that is such a bad idea.

8 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

No I would be far more excited to actually loot a section of wall then a wall blue print atleast then I feel like its something of value as it just saved me time from having to make a wall piece!

And here it is. "I don't want to farm for it I just want to have it". Go away. The game is already easy as hell and the incessant whining already got them to cave on harvest rates.

11 minutes ago, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

They want people to specialize themselves down weapon paths and not just have every single one with 1 point in every tree. If all you had to do is put 1 point in the tree and have the ability to use the highest quality weapons then the rest of the tree is pointless. Think of it as having to "hone" your skill to use better weapons. It's not completely unthinkable. I mean no average human pulled Arthur's sword from the stone, did they?

And here it is. "I don't want to farm for it I just want to have it". Go away. The game is already easy as hell.

I am getting very tired of your attitude!  You have no idea who I am unless you have taken the time to read thru my post history and if you did you would see the game that I made would be far harder then the game you are currently playing!

I was the first person to complain about the x2 harvest rate event they had at Christmas!  No you think you know my motivation for the suggestion but you simply don't...

We are talking about a small Targeted cross section of the game!  BP's which are currently things that clog up your inventory and make the process of looting a treasure or float some feel cheep and unrewarding because they are inherently 99% of the time Junk!  

First off every float some shouldn't have 1-3 BP's in it...  No Every 12th Float some should have an actual wall section this would be far more enjoyable then looting 12 to stand at the side of your ship and chuck 120 BP's into the water cause they are literally of no value!

Learn to add productively to the conversation or just leave but your attitude really needs to improved, its obvious you need a "snickers"

Edited by Sulfurblade
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tobekan said:

Just having a higher resource amount requirement attached to high quality BPs doesn't add anything to the game but farming, grinding and complete RNG; pointless and without depth.  Having different types of the same resource?  That adds challenge, depth and quality!

I don't understand how you come to the conclusion having to acquire multiple types of resources isn't just grinding and farming... even more confused how you equate that with depth and quality..

2 minutes ago, AvatarRoku said:

I don't understand how you come to the conclusion having to acquire multiple types of resources isn't just grinding and farming... even more confused how you equate that with depth and quality..

Okay there is sense to this argument that perhaps your not seeing.

Needing more then 1 type of wood, will generally force you to leave your homeland to go somewhere, that another wood type exists this is forcing people to sail...  (I like mechanic's generally that do this)

But being forced to sail for the small amount of extra durability you get doesn't make sense as you could use that sailing time to put up a second wall....

So lets be clear I have no issue with mechanics that encourage sailing the issue I have here is the reward doesn't justify the means!  I Sail all the time to get things not in my biome because I need those things they are important...  But I live in the Tundra and that is really the only biome in the game that has the added difficulty of needing to travel for Sap for Cothing to Survive, and Fiber for everything you build.....

I would love to see shortages of goods in other biomes that promote travel.   There is nothing wrong with travel on a whole!  

The Problem with these BP's are there NOT WORTH the travel they are garbage 99% of the time!

Yea I found a legendary blueprint to make some stone stairs. Hard part is 5x4, 5 different kinds of stone thats gonna be a pain 

1 hour ago, Sulfurblade said:

The Problem with these BP's are there NOT WORTH the travel they are garbage 99% of the time!

I don't entirely disagree.  The BP needs to be worth traveling and working for.  I have not run into that quite yet.  I usually fly solo and I have a couple green BPs for a bow and pike.  Those weren't too hard to get and they added a little durability and 15-17% increase in damage.  To me, that was easy to justify looking for a second kind of metal and wood.  Now I know where those woods and metals are, so getting them will be easier next time.

I think there is a great foundation for a player driven economy when it comes to high-quality items.

90% of the blueprints are garbage. The other 10% are gold. The key is knowing which are worth it. 

Base building blueprints are all garbage. Weapon, armor, and ship pieces can be good. Speed sail blueprint can increase max velocity of ship six percent. Fur armor blueprint can increase hypothermal insulation and armor and run speed on one armor piece. Sword blueprint can increase damage thirty plus percent and durability fifteen percent. (Real examples I own or have seen.) 

As for the multiple resource requirement, you can usually find two or three of each type in one grid. Digging with shovel will usually yield another type. Between two grid squares you should easily be able to collect four types of each resource except sugar/sap. 

1 hour ago, TheSzerdi said:

90% of the blueprints are garbage. The other 10% are gold. The key is knowing which are worth it. 

Garbage to you, but not garbage to min/maxers and mega tribes that have access to pretty much all resources easily. Higher HP walls can be the difference between your enemy having to make an extra trip or two back to their boat carrying heavy ass explosives or breaking through your walls in a single trip.

This thread is just a prime example of whiners with instant gratification issues and little babies mad they aren't being handed their silver spoon. The same type of idiots who grew up on WoW and participation trophies and demand access to everything at what THEY deem reasonable grinding, which means very little.

10 minutes ago, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

Garbage to you, but not garbage to min/maxers and mega tribes that have access to pretty much all resources easily. Higher HP walls can be the difference between your enemy having to make an extra trip or two back to their boat carrying heavy ass explosives or breaking through your walls in a single trip.

This thread is just a prime example of whiners with instant gratification issues and little babies mad they aren't being handed their silver spoon. The same type of idiots who grew up on WoW and participation trophies and demand access to everything at what THEY deem reasonable grinding, which means very little.

You're a moron. They've already said in this thread (and it's true) that you'd get way more protection for less work and less resources if you just build double. The building blueprints are worthless. Honeycomb > blueprint. 

37 minutes ago, TheSzerdi said:

You're a moron. They've already said in this thread (and it's true) that you'd get way more protection for less work and less resources if you just build double. The building blueprints are worthless. Honeycomb > blueprint. 

The only morons here are you and the rest of the whiners. Sure, you can make a double wall with basic craft walls, or you can make a double wall with legendary walls, further increasing the amount of explosives required to get through your walls, giving you more time beat them back.

Honeycomb > blueprint

Guess what, you can honeycomb with blueprint walls, too!

Let me guess, your next low IQ statement is going to be, "well....we'll just build 3 normal layer walls! Ah ha!  How about that! Ahaha I'm soooooo smart!"

You people are fcking morons.

The system improves on ARK in a few ways. Consumable means you cant sit on and hoard Legendary/Mythics from one exploit or another so you eventually have to earn more BP's. 2x-5x requirements and spreading out resources does encourage trade especially with taxes. I like the concept(s) but it does need work.

Edited by Nari
  • Like 1