Sign in to follow this  

What is with these BPs

Am i the only one that thinks the blueprint system is complete garbage? I dont understand how or why the system as it is now was green lit. Needing several different types of the same material to make marginally better crafts absurd, Not being able to use the blueprint without the skill makes them almost entirely worthless, and to make it worse they have limited uses. i picked up a journeyman stone wall BP and thought "oh! this will be good to make better defenses for my base", only to be met with this terrible tooltip that doesnt explain at all what # X ## means. After 2 hours and finally discovering what it means i cant help but be disappointed and angry. i invested HEAVILY into intelligence hoping to craft some awesome blueprints and now knowing the time investment to make anything slightly better is just not worth it is demoralizing. Why spend 8 hours ferrying around mass quantities of materials from 3 different biomes for slightly improved walls that i wouldnt have enough uses to apply to the whole base? For the time investment to gather those materials i could stay on my island and add another layer of stone walls to my entire base. Hell, maybe even 2 layers. Not saying you should revert back to Ark BPs but this blueprint system needs an overhaul because their value is practically non existent when considering the cost (material and more importantly time).

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AvatarRoku said:

Am i the only one that thinks the blueprint system is complete garbage? I dont understand how or why the system as it is now was green lit. Needing several different types of the same material to make marginally better crafts absurd, Not being able to use the blueprint without the skill makes them almost entirely worthless, and to make it worse they have limited uses. i picked up a journeyman stone wall BP and thought "oh! this will be good to make better defenses for my base", only to be met with this terrible tooltip that doesnt explain at all what # X ## means. After 2 hours and finally discovering what it means i cant help but be disappointed and angry. i invested HEAVILY into intelligence hoping to craft some awesome blueprints and now knowing the time investment to make anything slightly better is just not worth it is demoralizing. Why spend 8 hours ferrying around mass quantities of materials from 3 different biomes for slightly improved walls that i wouldnt have enough uses to apply to the whole base? For the time investment to gather those materials i could stay on my island and add another layer of stone walls to my entire base. Hell, maybe even 2 layers. Not saying you should revert back to Ark BPs but this blueprint system needs an overhaul because their value is practically non existent when considering the cost (material and more importantly time).

The idea behind some of the blueprint mechanics are cool but overall yeah it does suck just like not being able to ride company tames right?

The skill system is mediocre at best, in a game where you need to be able to craft many items without any real means of an auction house or trading system is silly. Maybe they have a bigger idea down the road for the skill system or trading (I saw Jesse or someone who seemed like a dev talk about the game being heavy trading/merchant ships/trade routes etc).

As far as needing the skill, that's just silly and bad but I get their trying to force reliance on other players (works if the game continues to have a big population). The multiple items needed is to encourage people to explore and trade, it's actually pretty neat but can be a inconvenience though. I like it though, it makes biomes important and forcing you to leave your single server.

So, yes you could double layer your wall and be a hermit. Other people will establish trades with passing companies and double layer their walls with even stronger walls. This is just how I think they want the game to work with it's current mechanics.

• Like 3

I like that beastmastery is its own thing now and tames are specific too it. They are pretty powerful tools on their own and it would be OP if everyone could ride them around.  To get just the basic riding stuff isn't too skill point intensive though so you could easily still spec mostly into other things but pick it up on the side for that ability.  The way they are forcing people to split into specializations in this game vs ark where you can just get everything the beastmaster would quickly become mostly obsolete as your tribe gets powerful, has tons of tames bred, and doesn't need to  hunt for more really. 

Trading does already take place on a pretty large scale if you are a part of a company that tries.  We have a discord channel specifically for it with our allies and we work trades with other commpanies not in our alliance all the time.  We have a trade route from our home island to a polar region and another into the tropics.

I think a lot of people don't realize that a lot of things are occuring behind closed doors that you can't see.   We don't talk trade in global chat, and global is per server grid so you would never see us talking about it if we did if you are not in our server.

IMO, I think as we move along the EA process things will be added and adjusted for to encourage more exploration.  Devs stated they want it to be primarily about that sort of stuff and not just hiding in your base all day with no reason to leave. A lot of the mechanics aren't really in yet to push people there yet but it has started, especially as the server gets stable and populated with companies wanting more exotic stuff like higher quality blueprint items, hard to find tames, etc.

Our trading shit got started mostly because we were looking for wheat and turnips lol.

On Monday the loot scaling is going to be changed.

This should make things better and make blueprints more attractive.

Also there are 50 more levels and skill points/level on the way as well so picking up the ability to ride to tier 3 will be more viable.

Ye i tried and they are so bad.

It's pretty obvious a guy made a spread sheet of all the feature of the game, sent it to a 3r country to have the line of code written down for really really cheap, and then launched the game. Because they are all like that.

Edited by ExplodingYeti

5 hours ago, Scrad said:

On Monday the loot scaling is going to be changed.

This should make things better and make blueprints more attractive.

Also there are 50 more levels and skill points/level on the way as well so picking up the ability to ride to tier 3 will be more viable.

it might make them a little better but until the multi resource thing is removed its still just a massive waste of time. also im not concerned at all about riding.

Edited by AvatarRoku

Agreed. Should be able to build from blueprints even if you don't have the skill.

In other news... I got a Mastercraft Thatch ceiling blueprint! Yaay! Now 3 of my shadecloths have an extra 3% hitpoints...

2 hours ago, AvatarRoku said:

it might make them a little better but until the multi resource thing is removed its still just a massive waste of time. also im not concerned at all about riding.

This might be one of the things put in to encourage cross biome trading, or it might just be something where effort vs reward wasn't carefully considered initially. Hard to say which, but yes in it's current configuration it's not worth it. Hopefully with feedback it will get improved.

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

This might be one of the things put in to encourage cross biome trading, or it might just be something where effort vs reward wasn't carefully considered initially. Hard to say which, but yes in it's current configuration it's not worth it. Hopefully with feedback it will get improved.

Guessing to make traveling and trading but getting 25% increase for going arround the entire game doesn't feel justifable since can just put easier an extra layer of wall and make it 200% insteed of 125%.

16 hours ago, AvatarRoku said:

If all that it true then blueprints are completely worthless. 

The o oh good thing is once they get used up and disappear they can’t be stolen from you. 

I really don’t see anyone using blueprints in atlas. But to be honest I really see atlas lasting as long as the blueprints do 😂

19 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

each of the biomes not having a certain resource is enough reason to promote cross-biome trading. I think its more so the latter... Although this is technically feedback, unless more people regularly express their distaste for the system as it is, i fear it might get buried under the litany of other issues people are having .

16 hours ago, Realist said:

If all that it true then blueprints are completely worthless. 

The o oh good thing is once they get used up and disappear they can’t be stolen from you. 

I really don’t see anyone using blueprints in atlas. But to be honest I really see atlas lasting as long as the blueprints do 😂

I really wish i could say it wasnt true :[

• Like 1

I really hope that blueprints are a carryover system from ark as a placeholder while they work on a more viable system to replace them later on. But, I'm not going to hold my breath.

On 1/5/2019 at 9:45 PM, AvatarRoku said:

This is just another failed attempt to force commerce and trade, and force you to get out on the seas.  It's simply not going to work.  I swear, so many Devs simply do not understand MetaGaming.  And, MetaGaming rules, especially in PvP games.

You have to do the math, because the MetaGamers sure will, and they will find every weakness, and every exploit, and every advantage and disadvantage, and wreck the plans you had for your game in the process.  So if you want there to be a thriving trade and mercantile economy in this game, YOU DEVS have to make that happen.

• Like 1

When it comes to building BP and weps, i agree. they need more stats you get a buff or something to help against raiding, better the quality, better the buff, be it more DEF, more Melee Dmg when in the area of the base with the . 

Weps need to go full RPG, was disappointed when i got a pistol BP and it had a tiny increase in dmg. Was hoping it would allow more shots, more dmg, less reload time, more crit, go full out, if they want it to be a mmorpg survival go crazy with the RPG elements. Maybe you can get added fire dmg or ice, or does more dmg to certain creatures

I like the ones for armour, like the extra bounes stats, makes it so if you get a god tier BP with you can set up armour trade company or something.

Overall it needs a good looking at. Think this will be something down the line once the major stuff is sorted

Well, you do get upgrades + the initial bonus on BPs.  IMO they still need a little work though. After I made an item, I started upgrading it, and game crashed. So, i'm not sure what happened, but I did lose my gold for upgrading, Just not sure it upgraded heh

52 minutes ago, noquarter said:

Well, you do get upgrades + the initial bonus on BPs.  IMO they still need a little work though. After I made an item, I started upgrading it, and game crashed. So, i'm not sure what happened, but I did lose my gold for upgrading, Just not sure it upgraded heh

We upgraded 4 common flintlocks that were created from a bp. To be honest the added damage really wasn't worth the mats but hey every bit helps.

Edited by Dags

Ok. So i tried again today with a different blueprint... got a 1.3% crafter bonus... really?  1.3%? I have over 200 int. This is absurd

Just now, AvatarRoku said:

Ok. So i tried again today with a different blueprint... got a 1.3% crafter bonus... really?  1.3%? I have over 200 int. This is absurd

Is inteligence realy that useless?, was thinking about respecing from health into inteligence... but hoped it gives some real returns.

1 minute ago, Nightstrasza said:

Is inteligence realy that useless?, was thinking about respecing from health into inteligence... but hoped it gives some real returns.

Yea apparently it's totally worthless. I expected a 10-15% increase at a minimum. Don't invest in intelligence you'll just be gimping yourself

• Thanks 1

Holy fuck the amount of crying from the OP is insane. Try learning how to trade? It's a god damn SANDBOX MMO. You know you can go out and find more blueprints to finish off the rest of your base, right??

Holy jesus.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

Holy fuck the amount of crying from the OP is insane. Try learning how to trade? It's a god damn SANDBOX MMO. You know you can go out and find more blueprints to finish off the rest of your base, right??

Holy jesus.

Criticizing a bad system that I believe should change isn't crying. You clearly are missing the point of the post if you think my base is what I'm concerned about. The only one crying here is you. If you don't like what I'm saying don't read the post and take your bitching elsewhere because honestly your comment only serves to show you have nothing better to do than whine about someone else's criticism.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvatarRoku said:

Criticizing a bad system that I believe should change isn't crying. You clearly are missing the point of the post if you think my base is what I'm concerned about. The only one crying here is you. If you don't like what I'm saying don't read the post and take your bitching elsewhere because honestly your comment only serves to show you have nothing better to do than whine about someone else's criticism.

If you could get everything you needed form one single island this game would be pretty fucking boring. You're supposed to either have to go out and get the extra materials, or you can trade for them, it's what makes the higher level BP's hard to make, which means they sell well.

So yes, yes you are crying.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

If you could get everything you needed form one single island this game would be pretty fucking boring. You're supposed to either have to go out and get the extra materials, or you can trade for them, it's what makes the higher level BP's hard to make, which means they sell well.

So yes, yes you are crying.

Your missing the damn point....

Time = Build 1 wall from a blue print or 2 normal walls 2 layers thick?  Which is faster to do???  (Answer is build 2 walls)

If you want to run all over the world go for it but most people are simply going to put a second or third layer on because it takes far less time!!!

• Like 1