Sign in to follow this  
unfair

How to Tame Wolves

I could not see the "feed" option when the wolf got bola.

I hit him to make  low HP , and then bola , its oke then he could not move. 
But i did not see any feed option eventhough i close to his head and all over the body i tried.
I used bones its correct feed item.
Just i wonder its about lawless area ? Because u can not even tame chicken in freeport. May be higher tiers not allowed in lawless ?
And wolf is  tier 2 animal or tier 3 animal ? i did not see any info about it.Its allow me to use bola. Is there any other skill to feed it ?

You can tame in lawless, make sure to have the bones on the zero key (im sure you know that) and finding that sweet spot behind the head and leading the to body takes a bit of time and health.

I seriously hope they rethink this whole taming system.  I can't describe how much I hate this whole system...shooting many arrows into an animal, as if that will actually tame something.  They should use a modified version of the ARK baby imprinting system.

Tranq or trap an animal in a cage, and take back to base, and then over time, you feed it, or crack a whip at it, based on whether it is being nice, or nasty, and each time you do this correctly, it imprints a percentage.  After a while, it is nearly tamed, and wants a hug, or to go for a walk, and then is finished taming.  Would seem far more realistic, and more immersive.

I like the taming system in Dark and Light (another Ark 'spin-off')even better.  Rope Arrows that you shoot at the animal and click to tie your end to the ground.  The animal  gets more and more exhausted the more arrows you hit it with until it collapses, at which point you feed/tame it.